Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Fud

Limp Gawd
lol... you cought me old chap.. the Infamous Fud. :p

On the lighter note, yes the key board tray is around 2 feet long give or take (wasent willing to root for a tape mes or ruler) Unfortunaly I am at a loss for who makes this particular desk...as stated in a earler post. I will post pics tomarow, maby do a search just looking at it
when I get some pics up.

Edit: The keyboard tray is 3.4 feet long lol kina off... pics tomarow.

michaLcoughliN

[H]ard|Gawd
Does anyone know why when I use the DVI setting on my Dell2407, and goto a resolution such as 1600x1200 I get green and redline up and down my screen..

Also anyone else encounter ghosting? with the Dell 2407?

the gamer

[H]ard|Gawd
Does anyone know why when I use the DVI setting on my Dell2407, and goto a resolution such as 1600x1200 I get green and redline up and down my screen..

Also anyone else encounter ghosting? with the Dell 2407?
sounds like your dell 2407fpw is defective, I'll return it for another one.

michaLcoughliN

[H]ard|Gawd
Its only when I use the DVI cable.. Not the VGA..with VGA i can use any native resolution without problem.

I do notice ghosting while playing CS.. maybe my graphics card cant handle such high resolution :S???

bahhh

Happy Hopping

[H]ardness Supreme
that shouldn't happen. IT could be intermitent, if so, you better use the 30 days satisfaction now or else if it crap out after the 30 days, all you get is used monitor.

Fud

Limp Gawd
Messy messy...pics of desk for you DualMonitors hope they can help...

Mr. Fud: wow, what a GREAT 2nd level desktop!! it's really that rather than a mere keyboard tray!

i find that to be SO useful rather than a dinky lil keyboard tray! please note that i use a Wacom Tablet so i really do need that extra width/space.

may i ask where and how i can find your desk? if you're not in the USA, may i at least know the name of the manufacturer?

thx in advance! thx for the pics as well!

It really is not that complicated to mount rails on the bottom of a desk and get a cut board from home depot to make your own. Then go buy a monitor stand and you have something very close to what fud has, slightly less polished though. Look cheap but here are some ready made options

These look bigger than normal. The first doesn't look the best..
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6255303&type=product&productCategoryId=cat07001&id=1077628822105

On the second you may be able to knock the top shelves of (they might be holding the pieces together though) for more monitor space.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7871378&type=product&productCategoryId=cat07001&id=1142302237060

Keep in mind, I hope they used regular sized plastic display pieces and not shrunk down ones which sometimes they are from what I remember from my Staples days.

squeezee

Limp Gawd
skOOb: how do you attach your router and stuff to the SIDE of your desk, may i ask?

thx.
Every router/switch i've encountered has holes so it can be wallmounted with a couple screws.
Alternatively i've used those 2" wide strips of velcro which works really well (you can also stick in-line power bricks this way), 2-sided tape can work but usually its not strong enough to hold anything up for a long period of time.

GJSNeptune

[H]ardForum Junkie
Jesus christ, TRD added MORE wallpaper shots. Quit your pretentious wallpaper masturbation and show us the LCD. Put up the blinds or something. Expose oneself to sunlight.

skOOb33

n00b
Every router/switch i've encountered has holes so it can be wallmounted with a couple screws.
Alternatively i've used those 2" wide strips of velcro which works really well (you can also stick in-line power bricks this way), 2-sided tape can work but usually its not strong enough to hold anything up for a long period of time.
indeed. two screws and they just hang there.

mista ting

Gawd
wow stop bashing TRD at least he actually HAS a good LCD that most of you will never get in your life because you can't afford it haha!

taylorwilsdon

2[H]4U
wow stop bashing TRD at least he actually HAS a good LCD that most of you will never get in your life because you can't afford it haha!
This website is populated by overpaid geeks with electronics out the ass. That monitor is chump change for most of us :p

~LoKe

Limp Gawd
Plenty of us can afford it, and many have better. We just don't need to see 12 up-close angles of the same damn monitor.

matrix563

[H]ard as it Gets
Plenty of us can afford it, and many have better. We just don't need to see 12 up-close angles of the same damn monitor.
i don't mind. the more shots i get of the screen the better idea i have of how it will perform for me when i get it :)

Fud

Limp Gawd
Mr. Fud lol never seen that before... Anyhoo The desk was a gift for helping some people move suff...Big strong me lol. There is no label, sticker, or emblim on the desk i can find. I may have riped it off or they could have. I will make a phone call later today to see where they
got it from.

I have that same chair :D lol
Sweet chair isent it....;)

lost eden

Gawd
You fail to realise that in a decade that thing will be worthless. I've got 2x perfectly good CRTs in the kitchen that I got for free, & now I'm done with them I proabably couldn't pay somebody to take them away.

ThatsAgood1jay

[H]ard|Gawd
Monitors are the hump then dump part of a computer. Almost every other part of a computer you can improove on or test to see how much power you can squeeze out making their resale price go up. With a monitor the only thing that keeps resale up is if you have a good monitor that is out of production. Like the Viewsonc vx2025wm. I havent seen one go for under 230$ and i am never letting mine go with todays crappy lottery panels.

anyway back to setups please

BrinNutz

[H]ardness Supreme
Mr. Fud lol never seen that before... Anyhoo The desk was a gift for helping some people move suff...Big strong me lol. There is no label, sticker, or emblim on the desk i can find. I may have riped it off or they could have. I will make a phone call later today to see where they
got it from.

Sweet chair isent it....;)

I'm hoping you find out..been waitin for some info..heh

Fud

Limp Gawd
oha ... called no anwser, calling back l8ter keep you up to date... and on the edge of your seat ;)

Fud

Limp Gawd
ROFL... the results are in and there not preety the anwser i got was "Walmart ot Target"
is where she got it from. Judging from the genaral craftsmenship on the desk i cant say im not suprised. It realy isent the best desk as far as matarials go...saying that, the pros do out way the cons in the fact that, one it was free :D cant beat that, two it is big fits my full tower nicely, three it has lots of nooks and crannys to put junk, and finaly four it has the already pointed out large (under statment) keyboard tray and a second level for whatever. In my case 2 montor. Hope this could help you.

qbert3

[H]ard|Gawd
NICE LCD TRD, we have one at work and its amazing to look at. it looks really nice with the vista video/dreamscape wallpapers.

Mr. Wolf

[H]ardness Supreme
Dell 2407WFP displaying Hellgate: London wallpaper. :D

Damn, my photography skills suck!