Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Morazl

[H]ard|Gawd
my boring setup, don't even know why i posted it

:( this forum helped me learn a lot though, especially picking out everything you see from computer parts, to the desk, to the speakers and westinghouse. Glad I stumbled upon here
Where'd you get those rear speaker stands? :)

blackrose

Limp Gawd
The camera is fine, I am just worried about your desk. You must play serious video games to get your desk like that.
LOL under the mousepad is pure corkboard from using no mouse pad for years :\ From rotating comps with sharp corners to all out wars in my room it has seen better days.

Teecee

Gawd
Three machines total. Bottom two screens is one machine. Windows Vista 64bit, E6600, 4gb ram. I also run a VM of XP pro on that bottom machine. Top left machine is XP pro. Top right machine is ubuntu. I use synergy to connect them all with one mouse and keyboard.

JVC

[H]ard|Gawd
i have one hyundai l90d+ monitor, they do have very good image quality!:)

iamawinner

n00b
Here is mine. Apple 30"...was going to get the Dell 3007wfp-hc, but this was too damn sexy. It is going to be a Dual Apple 30" setup, just waiting on the ergotron wall arm mounts. Price doesnt matter as long as your happy, right? :)

Here is mine. Apple 30"...was going to get the Dell 3007wfp-hc, but this was too damn sexy. It is going to be a Dual Apple 30" setup, just waiting on the ergotron wall arm mounts. Price doesnt matter as long as your happy, right? :)
Your workstation dwarfs your monitor; It looks more like 20" to me. :p

nice clean setup :cool:

JVC

[H]ard|Gawd
the green and blue taskbar looks too big for a 30". what resolution are you using?

iamawinner

n00b
the green and blue taskbar looks too big for a 30". what resolution are you using?
It is probably 1280x800. I didnt plug it in the new stuff yet. I wanted to make sure the colors on screen met it standards or else it would have gone in the dumper. I am very happy with the color reproduction. Exceeded my expections.

iamawinner

n00b
I think its his GIANT black chair that makes everything looks small. :eek: :eek: :eek:
Yes that chair is pretty big and that is one of the smaller chairs the companies makes. I am on the computer all day, so I thought get myself something nice and comfy. My butt thanks me everyday for it.:)

DReborn

Limp Gawd
mind if i ask who makes your chair? in the market for a great office chair and i have checked out the Recaro's.

ballpoint

Gawd

Latest iteration. Fixed the mounting of my rear surrounds... they were half-ass mounted to the stands before. That's a fridge door behind the desk. I dented it last year at my friend's house, had to buy him a new one. Since I love brushed metal, I hung onto it. I still need to pop off the "Fridgidaire" tag.

The view from my seat

Phone charger and mp3 jack, run underneath the Z-5500 control station for convenience. The charger\transmitter for the G7 mouse is positioned optimally in front of my mousing hand.

Printer stashed in computer supply cabinet. Must remember to open the cabinet before printing. You can also see where I keep my scanner and Wacom tablet.

On the other side of the desk is my media cabinet with DVDs and books. Here are the DVDs. This is only about 90% of my collection, the rest is loaned out. I actually prune it from time to time, ritually destroying discs or giving them away.

iamawinner

n00b
mind if i ask who makes your chair? in the market for a great office chair and i have checked out the Recaro's.

The company is Dishi. I got it overseas (asia) when I was on a business trip. I was looking to spend to $1K-$2.5K on a really nice chair. Guess how much that one cost? Converted to US dollars it was less than $200 bucks, after some price haggling from my translator. Yes I said a 3 digit number. After having the shipping company wood box it and shipped it over, it cost a grand total of about $300.

This is a similiar one I saw for 2.5K in the US stores, packaged under a different name with the arms slighlty different.

And YES everything is top quality on that chair from the leather to the wood quality. I had quite a few REALLY expensive chairs and this is one of the better ones. Everyone thinks I paid $X,XXX, but I only paid $300. I was going to sell it someone for 1K, but my butt would not be happy about it. :)

Goes to shows the mark up of stuff here in USA.

Agashka

Limp Gawd
I updated my place;
voila!
new 2.5" lcd display ('no wa'mm sa'in...ipod)
had to put my tower back there due to space problem.

no, not a phone camera, just my oldish camera+bad lights

...i seem to recall that one of the posters here, possibly "Fud", or maybe another person, has a desk that has an exceptionally wide keyboard tray.

i need a keyboard tray that is very wide because i use a Wacom tablet and when you add the width of the keyboard to the width of the Wacom tablet together, the overall width exceeds almost every single keyboard tray "attachment" that i can find.

in particular, i think those from Humanscale are especially good:

http://www.humanscale.com/products/keyboard_systems.cfm?detail=build&subdetail=keyboard_platform

but very few are sufficiently wide for my particular circumstances.

i have seen certain desks where the so-called keyboard tray is essentially a lower level 2nd level desktop because it is virtually the same width as the desktop! that is quite ideal for me but they are hard to find. may i ask if anyone has seen desks like this:

http://www.designpublic.com/shop/offi/603

where the lower level is the keyboard "level" and is virtually the same width as the entire desk top?

thx in advance!

GJSNeptune

[H]ardForum Junkie
Holy cow those are wide! Almost like two desks in one. If they slide out farther than normal trays, I can see their practicality.

ballpoint

Gawd
This is show your setups, not show your desktop backgrounds... TRD that is a useless post. The best part is where you post two near identical shots of the same desktop background... Good job!

Happy Hopping

[H]ardness Supreme
It's actually a Show thread on LCD only, and yet some people have post their CRT, as they only have CRT.

Teecee

Gawd
What chair is that and is it comfortable?

EDIT NM, read above post.