Show Us What you got Black Firday!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
picked up 2 WD MyBook 400GB hard drives for 99$ each at staples, as well as a 19" LCD for 129 at staples, some DVD-Rs and 4 bluetooth headsets from radioshack for 10 bucks after rebates..

Kinda weak, but...

305134832_692262e7ce.jpg

I made a 3rd trip to fry's a few minutes ago.

Targus 15.4" laptop bag $4.99AR ($10MIR)
Cheap-o Trio 1GB MP3/WMA player $19.99
another VideoNow media wizard $0.29

pxc said:
It seems simple, but the stuff I hid on Wednesday night was all in the places I left it. :D I didn't have to wait in any lines except the check out line. Poor people in a 20 minute like to get a portable DVD player or DVD player/burner. Suckers.

clever but devious, nice one :p

I got the 32" westy from BB - so did my two brothers. Really sweet setup - and HD looks amazing. Not to mention CS:S at 32" is pretty damn cool.

Parents picked up the 56" DLP Toshiba and 19" westy.

Yeah, we like TV.

Arrived at Staples at 7:10 AM. No line at all. Picked up (2) 200GB Maxtors for $19.99 each. Also picked up a 20" Samsung LCD for $179.99.

It's great living in a small town, although I do give props to those who camped out.

The only thing I got was a wireless guitar for guitar hero, I wanted a lot more, but, to no avail.

waited since 8:15pm yester and finally got the 250 toshiba laptop after wating 11 hours....they were taking forever with the laptops...it was like 20 mins for each person to check out...when we got there we only had to wait 1min to checkout....but so far i love the lappy..

garrettgjb said:
I came home and found this in my garage. Its my parent's. I don't even know where its from.

tv.jpg
That's from Best Buy....
Me and two friends camped out for 14 hours at our local Best Buy, and we got tickets for that TV and everything else we could. We only wanted (collecetively) some monitors, an HDTV, a laptop, and some other non-ticket stuff, but since we waited so long, we went ahead and grabbed the extra tickets, figuring we could sell them to people who got there late. Note: This was at the same Best Buy that allowed someone in the PS3 line to sell their spot for $800.

Anyways, some lady who got there 5 hours after us (she was like, ~#30-40, we were all in the first 20) freaked out because she didn't get a laptop ticket, and she called the cops to report us for "scalping". We weren't scalping, and the cops agreed. The cops said that according to this thing called "the law", you cannot scalp a ticket if it did not cost anything to get. Period.

However, a middle aged middle management Best Buy employee disagreed, and he confiscated every single one of our tickets (even ones we were planning on buying). And, unfortunately for us, Best Buy has the right to revoke tickets and kick us off their property under their discretion, not the police's.

Anyways, we still got a 27in HDTV, 3 17in monitors, a 1gb flashdrive, a blue tooth headset, and a laptop.

Edit: Oh, and I still have tickets for the 32 and 42in Westy, and some other stuff that does not expire until the end of today... :cool:

got to best buy 4pm yesterday afternoon. i was 30th in line -_-
oh well, looks like those 12 hours of waiting in line was worth it because i picked up the $380 laptop, the 22inch westy and a 42" panasonic plasma
even though i couldn't find BF 2142, this was indeed a profitable day :D

mutazx said:
Kinda weak, but...

http://static.flickr.com/101/305134832_692262e7ce.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

How much was BF2142?

Looks like a couple people got it.

I got BF2 during BF last year for 20 bux.

lets see, I got:

Samsung MiniDV video cam SC-D363 for 130$
10x 4pack of miniDV tapes for 3.99 each
HP DV6103NR laptop for 379$
2x 2GB SD cards for 29$
10 good DVDs for 2.99 each
Targus backpack 29$
2x 20 lightscribe DVDRs for 9$
Sandisk pink 1GB MP3 player 30$ (for my youngest neice [:p] )
Altec Lansing M604 Zune giant speakers/dock
and a sprite

(....2 hrs wait to pay for the shyte)

All my brother wanted was that sandisk mp3 player and there were none left, but I saw people taking like 5 or 6 by the handful but it is only 1 of each color per customer...

Well I came in late today and everything was gone. ( Bestbuy )

One decent deal I saw though, was 3 Antec P180 for 79.99 no rebates.

BF2142 was $24.99, which is by far the cheapest I've seen it. I figured, buy it today and do my usual 'wait three months for all the patching to be done' gaming strat :D

Went to Best Buy at 1:00pm today seeing if there was anything left. Managed to snag the display model 22" Westy for $175. It is amazing. Best of all, I didn't have to wait at all to get it.

went to best buy hoping to get the 32" lcd and 22". Went at around midnight and saw about 150 in line already and said screw it. Went back at 4:30

2 17" mag monitors
2 Canon pixar things
1 1gb SD card
1 Pioneer dvd burner
Misc dvds

Got some christmas shopping out of the way i guess.

My problem was i couldnt find anything mass choas i was gonna check out the toshiba projector got told to look for it in 4 different places never found it.

No one got the laptop?

My digicam is at college, but i grabbed:

32" westy
toshiba 249.99$ laptop (on it right now)
2gb flash
100 pack dvd-r's

waited in line from 5:00pm on t-day to 5am today. i was 12th in line...

mutazx said:
BF2142 was $24.99, which is by far the cheapest I've seen it. I figured, buy it today and do my usual 'wait three months for all the patching to be done' gaming strat :D

Cool stuff. ;)

Thats what the game should have been to start with. :rolleyes:

Nice deal for such a new game though. :)

Dillusion said:
No one got the laptop? ...
I'm surprised I haven't seen more people reporting that they grabbed the $250 lappy. I was going to go, but I drove by about midnight and seen the line was about 3 football fields long and said screw that. If Best Buy wasn't so far away from where I am today, maybe I would have returned this morning and still had a chance. I just figured there was no chance at the $250 lappy after seeing that line.

O well... I'm broke anyway. No need to add to the credit debt.

Went around 4 this morning...mistake #1
went to best buy, in the mall...mistake #2
waitied in the line of 500 ppl and then left since i was never going to get in...mistake #3
waiting in line for a wii at software etc in meriden, ct when they pretty much told us they only had 4....
did too many things wrong today, but i did score a couple of coffee pots from sears :). there wasn't much stock of the wii today, any news on shipments?

Although I wasn't planning to wait in line for any of the big doorbusters, I wanted to be at Best Buy when it opened at 5 a.m. ....but I overslept and was actually there at 7:45 a.m.

Nevertheless, I've got from Best Buy 6-7 DVD's, a couple of the doorbuster CD's and the Belkin Pre-N Wireless Router / PC Card kit. I thought about getting the 22" Westy, but decided not to because it used a TN film panel.

At Circuit City, I purchased ~20 DVD movies, while my dad decided to get a Nikon D80 dSLR kit. I was shocked to still see a line outside the store at 9 a.m. because of overcrowding concerns. I had to wait ~30 minutes to check-out since people like myself bought dozens of DVD movies and the register can't handle more than 15-18 items on one receipt, as the clerk told me.

I'm not bothering to go to Fry's today, since there's nothing interesting for me to purchase. All in all, it was a good Black Friday. I got plenty of rest, don't have to deal with rebates, and best of all, I got nearly all of the stuff I wanted.

had a drunken wal-mart trip at 3:30 to grab some food - remembered that it was black friday morning. we snagged the employee floorplans (the black friday items were all over the store in weird locations, it's like they made some kind of game out of it). I found the 32" LCD HDTV's in the meat section of all places and I was 4th in line. After waiting in line for about 30 minutes though I decided that I didn't want to pay $600 for some off-brand LCD tv (I really wanted the olevia from Circuit city but the line was a mile long at 2am) so I just grabbed the Bissell vacuum and a flash memory stick...super lame, i know. i figure if i wait long enough i can just pick up the 37" 1080P Westy for $799 or so from Sam's Club.

Got Samsung 225BW @ CC, Creative Zen V 1 GB Mp3 Player and Scrubs Season 4, and some Coby earphones

ococ said:
Picked up a 50" Samsung HP-S5053. Order is confirmed, but need to schedule delivery. $1950 shipped less 3% fatwallet.

samsung50.jpg

can i watch tv with you?

Star Fox said:
That's from Best Buy....
Me and two friends camped out for 14 hours at our local Best Buy, and we got tickets for that TV and everything else we could. We only wanted (collecetively) some monitors, an HDTV, a laptop, and some other non-ticket stuff, but since we waited so long, we went ahead and grabbed the extra tickets, figuring we could sell them to people who got there late. Note: This was at the same Best Buy that allowed someone in the PS3 line to sell their spot for $800.

Anyways, some lady who got there 5 hours after us (she was like, ~#30-40, we were all in the first 20) freaked out because she didn't get a laptop ticket, and she called the cops to report us for "scalping". We weren't scalping, and the cops agreed. The cops said that according to this thing called "the law", you cannot scalp a ticket if it did not cost anything to get. Period.

However, a middle aged middle management Best Buy employee disagreed, and he confiscated every single one of our tickets (even ones we were planning on buying). And, unfortunately for us, Best Buy has the right to revoke tickets and kick us off their property under their discretion, not the police's.

Anyways, we still got a 27in HDTV, 3 17in monitors, a 1gb flashdrive, a blue tooth headset, and a laptop.

Edit: Oh, and I still have tickets for the 32 and 42in Westy, and some other stuff that does not expire until the end of today... :cool:

wtf that best buy manager is an asshat. the whole point of getting tickets is the fact that YOU got there early, not her. So the time she waisted duesching in the morning equated to you geting duesched on... Its a capitalistic society you saw the potential to make money and you tried to capitalize on it... so what... more power too you

BTW which best buy was it? just incase im ever around i will NOT go to that store...

I actually almost refuse to shop at best buy anymore, circuit city seems to be much more reasonable.

Dillusion said:
No one got the laptop?

My digicam is at college, but i grabbed:

32" westy
toshiba 249.99$ laptop (on it right now)
2gb flash
100 pack dvd-r's

waited in line from 5:00pm on t-day to 5am today. i was 12th in line...

Nice.. I was thinking about grabbing that lappy from the BB near me... then I was up all night gaming, movie watching, and all of that.. way too tired to shop today. lol.

I picked up one of the MAG 32" LCD's from Staples.com for $499 after Easy Rebate with free shipping. It should be here in a few days...anyone know anything about the MAG LCD's?

me and my buddy planned our strategy to score an lcd the night before, planning to hit the local fry's for that 19 incher for 99$

I overslept and woke up at 5:05, hustled to fry's at 5:30 and saw a lady hoarding the last 2 of the lcd's :(. Loitered around for 15 minutes hoping she would abandon them but she didnt.

lucky we had a contingency plan in place and went over to target and staples which both opened at 6, and split up (they are right next to eachother). Staples, where I went, didn't have the bargain lcd in stock so i ran over to target where my friend was holding what appeared to be the last 19 inch ws westy. There was a 19 inch lcd tv (non ws) that I got my hands on and was a pretty good deal in itself and i was inclined to buy it, but then I saw a guy strolling down the isle with the westy... I asked him about it and he said there were a few hidden around the corner, underneath some coffee makers ;).

All in all i got a 19 ws westy for 150$ and boy, am I glad i got widescreen :). and I didn't even need to camp outside at all :). Pretty lucky bf for me, I think

I was going to go to BB at 3:30, but overslept. In the end, I got there at 5am, just as the gigantical line began moving in. The only thing I really wanted was the Westy 22" ws, and thanks to them being way up high and out of the way, I was the first one to spot them...so I managed to get one despite being the millionth person in the door :)

Glacian22 said:
I was going to go to BB at 3:30, but overslept. In the end, I got there at 5am, just as the gigantical line began moving in. The only thing I really wanted was the Westy 22" ws, and thanks to them being way up high and out of the way, I was the first one to spot them...so I managed to get one despite being the millionth person in the door :)

::high fives fellow oversleeper::

that was gutsy, making the call to still go to BB that late

UL said:
I actually almost refuse to shop at best buy anymore, circuit city seems to be much more reasonable.
My Best Buy was very well organized, the staff was friendly (more friendly than I would've been if I had been working at 4am), the line was orderly (of course the 3 cop cars parked on the curb by the entrance might've helped encourage that) and a lot of the items on sale were instant savings stuff instead of the typical MIR crap. The increase in instant savings at BB this year was a wonderful change imho, certainly made the deals worth waiting for.

Got an air compressor for 80 at sears and a nice gps system for $150(staples, -300 :)). I wanted some best buy deals but the line was ludicrous.

I just realized that the Westy 22" has PIP capability, lol. Through the Video or S-Video in.. Different sizes for the PIP, 5 locations..

I am watching a dvd in the corner as I am grinding on WOW. This display is impressing me more and more..

I got a 23" Olevia LCD from CompUSA last night for $300. I got there about an hour before 9:00PM when they opened and there were probably 75 people already in line. I'm glad I went for the nighttime sale rather than try to go to the early morning.

My TALE

So my girl and I are thinking about going to best buy a 10pm. You know nice and early. When we get there we see about 150 people in tents and chairs. They've been there since 5pm. There went the chance for the HP Core solo and westinghouse.

We go to CompUSA, Parking lots full, we goto frys, 20 ppl in line, We goto Staples, 40 people, We go to Office Depot, around 30 ppl, We go to target, About 100 people. We go to CircuitCity and find maybe 17 people, So thats where we wait.

So after alot of waiting things started to get bad. First off they came with the vouchers at 4:30am. They handed out ALL of the laptop vouchers to the first 2 or 3 families. This means there were kids with vouchers, 8 year old kids. Instead of one per household they gave it to any person up front. 20 laptops. taken by the first two groups. This was there $399 one. We stood in line because the one I really wanted to buy was their 599 one (really 699 + 100 mail in rebate) It's the Acer Turion 64 X2 Dual core 1gb ram, dvd burner, bright screen, 120gb HD, Radeon 1100. And comes with a free upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium.

Well things in stores went bad. They told us to wait by the laptop we wanted.No one came, Then they told us(30 minutes later) That we had to pay for the laptop we wanted on this line. So we all moved there. Then they told us (45 minutes later) That this line was for voucher laptops only, for regular laptops you had to move to THIS line, which already had 50ppl in it). We asked our friend who worked there and he said someone told him thye only had 9 of the 599 laptop. Which now it seemed EVERYONE wanted.

At this point we're getting ready to leave. The laptop was for my girl and she's getting emotional at this point. I pull my friend to the side and he goes to the back and does a real count. They have 15 of the laptops. Now I have some friends in that long line, their about 4th in line. They let us get ahead of them and we buy our ACER dual core laptop. Grab some dvds (Transporter 1 and 2 collectors edition box set for $4, resident evil 2 special edition $4) House season something or other $12) and head towards customer service to pick up the laptop. After another 30 minutes wait just for them to take my damn receipt and hand me a box that was right behind them I get my laptop and walk out the door. Mind you, there was only 6 people in front of me in customer service pickup, and it took them 30 minutes)

We shall never again be going to Circuit City for black friday. The store was a mess, Everything was done poorly, on top of that at 4:45am a group of people came up to the door and insisted that they were coming in when the doors opened. Now at this point the entire line is looking like a mob. The manager says blah blah we wont open the doors if everyone pushes, You people need to get to the back of the line or we'll call security. Well they never called security and the people that wanted in without waiting stood their ground, they squeezed in with everyone else and got in.

Little info too. CC had 1 PS3 and someone got it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back