Show Us What you got Black Firday!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a series 2300 Averatec laptop from Office Max. Off sale it's 899, onsale it was 599. I signed up for their credit card, lowering it by another 10%.

$549 for a dual core laptop with 1 gb of ram and a 100 gb sata HD. Not bad I think!!

Apallohadas said:
I bought a series 2300 Averatec laptop from Office Max. Off sale it's 899, onsale it was 599. I signed up for their credit card, lowering it by another 10%.

$549 for a dual core laptop with 1 gb of ram and a 100 gb sata HD. Not bad I think!!

Doesn't sound too bad. Hope you never need to send it in for repair(use to send a lot of machines to averatec, service sucked). Just pay it off before they can hit you with interest.

got the synergy 10" downfiring sub from bestbuy for $176 after 12% coupon and no tax!

also got a display sony tv stand su-gw11 for $59.98!

wanted to buy the 37" for 499 + tax @ microcetner but didn't wake up in time! oh well I'm sure some website will come up with a comparable deal within the next month or two :)

Unknown-One said:
Man, I got in too late to knab one of the 22" westinghouse LCD's :(

The damn sales guy had the nerve to say "Yeah, I just bought the last one" right in front of my face! Then they won't give me a rain check and they won’t sell me the floor model (they had two of them out)...BestBuy is getting an e-mail from me for sure...

On a lighter note, I just ordered a Chi Mei 22" LCD from newegg for $299; it has better specs than the Westinghouse, so that takes some of the sting out of the extra $100 I had to pay for it.

Technically employees do NOT get dibs in these situations, and they are definitely not allowed to buy them on the clock. If the employee said this to you, you should have (or at least FYI) confront a manager and let them know.
Normally, the only way to sell a floor model/display, is if the unit is discontinued/deleted. If its' an active item, they won't sell the display, but they should have made an exception in this case, especially since they had two of them.

I woke up at 3 left at 3:15 and got to a compusa at about 3:45, stood in line for a hour, was like number 12 in line, and I wasnt even there for any of the hot buys. It amazed me 10 mins before the store opened so many people came. I got 1gig flashdrive, Ice Age2, those cheapy creative speakers. Then I went into bestbuy, it was packed full, picked up that insignia 20" TV and waited in line for 30 mins. But what amazed me was the amount of those westinghouse LCDs they had left, they had a huge stack of them, that and those 15" lcd tv's, guess I should have picked up a couple and resold them, oh well.

started camping at 7:15pm

42" plasma
17/19/22" Monitors
DVDs
USB Flash Drives
USB Hub
Memory Stick

I have you all beat....

I didn't plan on being up to buy anything. But I've been needing a laptop...

So i have this date with this girl and she's completely hott. i'm thinking to myself itrs going to take weeks or maybe even months to get laid by her. By 3 am, she was the one forcing me into all kinds of nasty activities. So lets just say we both had an amazing time, and she took me for the most amazing ride ive ever had. By 4 am, i'm exhausted because ive just had the most fulfilling sexual experience ever with a first date..and i drive home. But i decide to stop at comp usa since there was no line.

i pick up the HP dv6113us Dual Core turion 62 X2 with 1 gig of ram....

i happen to be the last person who got one and as i was being checked out the chasier made a mistake and gave me an extra 120 dollars off.....final price: 350$$+tax

original price: 829.99.....the price everybody else who waited in line got it for : 550$

So to recap: I got laid by the hottest girl ever, waitd at compusa for 30 minuites, got the laptop not only at as black friday deal..but also as a cashier messup.

I rock.

2005400138856527547_rs.jpg

got the 225BWs for $210 each after price mismark, $40 off $199 or more coupons, and rebates.

:D

My Circuit City didnt have any of the 2gig sandisk flash drives for $12.99, I think the fuckers that work there got them all. I got 2 of the 1giggers though.

Spidey12 said:
I have you all beat....

So i have this date with this girl and she's completely hott. i'm thinking to myself itrs going to take weeks or maybe even months to get laid by her. By 3 am, she was the one forcing me into all kinds of nasty activities. So lets just say we both had an amazing time, and she took me for the most amazing ride ive ever had. By 4 am, i'm exhausted because ive just had the most fulfilling sexual experience ever with a first date..and i drive home. But i decide to stop at comp usa since there was no line.

i happen to be the last person who got one and as i was being checked out the chasier made a mistake and gave me an extra 120 dollars off.....final price: 350$$+tax

original price: 829.99.....the price everybody else who waited in line got it for : 550$

So to recap: I got laid by the hottest girl ever, waitd at compusa for 30 minuites, got the laptop not only at as black friday deal..but also as a cashier messup.

I rock.

lol thats a awsome story.

Spidey12 said:
I have you all beat....

I rock.
best read of the day

dang I can't beat that.

I ordered a creative zen vision:m from outpost and so did my sister. Parents got a 27" inch westy but are probably gonna return it because the picture quality sucks. They were just one person away from the 32" westy. darn. oh well

I also bought some shirts and stuff

I stayed up until 1am playing a board game with the family while I am home visiting from school.
I woke up at 4:30am to drive to the nearest Circuit City (didn't know they opened at 5am, thought it was 6am opening), and stopped to pick up my date for the day.

We had just met a couple of weeks ago, and she agreed to go shopping on BF with me. So I picked her up at 5:30am, and we headed over to Circuit City. The outside line took a little over an hour to get into the building, but we got in just fine. We strolled over to pickup a digital camera for my kid sister (christmas present) and a 1GB SD card. They were out of the 1GB USB thumb drives, so next up was the LCD my parents had asked me to purchase for them. I asked about 5 sales reps if they could go check and see if there were any more of the 20" Acer widescreens for $179, and the last guy agreed to. They had 18 in stock, and were selling slow, so we got in the line to wait. The computer line took about 90 mins to move about 70 feet.

She browsed over the cds, and ended up purchasing 5 cds, and I bought Die Hard 1 & 2, along with The Fugitive for $4 each.

Next up, we went over to G.I. Joes because I wanted to look at waterproof jackets. She actually didn't have an agenda (besides spending time with me), so that's all the real BF shopping we did.

We did go get omelet ingredients and headed back to her place. Made the omelets, then we went ice skating. Turning out to be a good weekend so far, only bad part is, it's nearly over and finals are here.

I sure would have loved to get the 22" Westinghouse LCD though. It would have been fun camping out all night for that.

My first BF ever.

I scoped out the BB near me at 10 am, but there were already 6 tents, so I got there around 4:30 pm.

I came home with all of this:

loot01sk9.jpg

HP Laptop
Toshiba Laptop
$190 Emachine
$400 Compaq
22" Westinghouse
ATI X1600 pro 512
(1) 2gb flash drive
(1) 2gb SD memory card
(2) laptop bags
(1) 100-pack DVD-R

Hypo said:
My first BF ever.

I scoped out the BB near me at 10 am, but there were already 6 tents, so I got there around 4:30 pm.

I came home with all of this:

loot01sk9.jpg

HP Laptop
Toshiba Laptop
$190 Emachine
$400 Compaq
22" Westinghouse
ATI X1600 pro 512
(1) 2gb flash drive
(1) 2gb SD memory card
(2) laptop bags
(1) 100-pack DVD-R

you forgot the printers :p

Finally a picture...
DSC01339.JPG

lets see, I got:

Samsung MiniDV video cam SC-D363 for 130$
10x 4pack of miniDV tapes for 3.99 each
HP DV6103NR laptop for 379$
2x 2GB SD cards for 29$
10 good DVDs for 2.99 each
Targus backpack 29$
2x 20 lightscribe DVDRs for 9$
Sandisk pink 1GB MP3 player 30$ (for my youngest neice [:p] )
Altec Lansing M604 Zune giant speakers/dock

Bought the Sandisk 2GB Cruzer Micro from Best Buy for $33 after tax last night around 8pm.

I'll be taking it back as soon as they open. It's fucking slow as hell, and I'm better off sticking with my 512mb Cruzer Titanium or 2gb Corsair Flash Voyager.

My friends and I camped out around our local Circuit City about 10PM Thanksgiving Day. About midnight, my friend's brother showed up with chairs, food, drinks, and a DVD player. Unfortunately, the DVD player batteries were dead, but at least we ran into several other friends who were a little farther back in line. They had a table set up and were playing RISK. My friend & I made a midnight run on Waffle House and brought a $30 to-go order back to CC. The lines at CC were not too bad, but BBs line was freaking insane- it stretched from the entrance to the same point at the back of the store. About 3:30AM, my friend's mom and sister showed up with free soup and more clothes so we could layer our clothing(40 degrees for 6 hours gets to you, even in a peacoat).

As for what I got, I just picked up an Acer 20" LCD. I would have prefered the 22" Westy, but there was no way that I could have gotten it in that line at BB. I gave it to my friends, who were at the front of the checkout and got out about 6:00AM. We stopped over at BB for a few and then went to breakfast over at Atlanta Bread Company. Overall, my 1st Black Friday was not too bad, but I will pack warmer clothes next year. Later on, Mom and I went to Walgreens to stock up on essentials (like laudry detergent) for cheap and Staples. There we picked up 2 shredders, a printer, and 3 desks to redo the office (luckily, she paid for all of this).

This was the first time we decided to camp out mainly for $380 bb laptop - not a good idea! We were there by 1am and there were almost 150 people already waiting. Then hit to CC - perhaps 20 people were there but we didn't like the deals; finally we were in the staples as the 1st in the line :)

It wasn't a very cold night - probably around twenties (fahrenheit) and we were 4 altogether with blankets and chairs, so it was kind of fun until 5.30am, then the lady behind us started to talk about charging as soon as they open the doors and we literally charged in; i mean we really dodged and it was scary when I think now, hehehe. Anyways we ran to the computer section and learned that all the laptops were in the print center!! Another 12 seconds of adrenaline rush but we purchased 4xcompaqs eventually (one for each).

Altogether (prices are after MIR):

4x Compaq >> $$1,680 (staples)
1x 1gb usb stick >> $7 (staples)
2x 25-pack cd cases >> $6 (staples)
1x Cyber Power 485va ups >> $20 (staples)
2x power outlets >> $0 (staples)
1x Samsung laser printer >> $40 (staples)

1x Ryobi drill/circular saw combo >> $52.5 (home depot)
1x 150 piece drill/drive bit set >> $15.5 (home depot)

1x 250gb external hdd >> $45 (cc online)
1x 2gb usb stick >> $13 (cc online)
1x Creative web cam >> $11 (cc online)
1x Dr. clean vacuum >> $0 (cc b&m)
1x 1gb sd card >> $3.5 (cc online)

1x toaster >> $4 (walmart)

another shopping from svc computers (online) >> $110

total: around $2000...

Rune75 said:
Samsung MiniDV video cam SC-D363 for 130$
10x 4pack of miniDV tapes for 3.99 each

40 miniDV tapes? Making your fair sare of art films eh?

What are you going to do with that many tapes?

sharkapult said:
Bought the Sandisk 2GB Cruzer Micro from Best Buy for $33 after tax last night around 8pm.

I'll be taking it back as soon as they open. It's fucking slow as hell, and I'm better off sticking with my 512mb Cruzer Titanium or 2gb Corsair Flash Voyager.

the best buy down here has 2 or so racks of the 2gb and 1gb thumb drives.. they sold out of everything else thou

Spidey12 said:
I have you all beat....

I rock.

LOL
*sniffle* /me remembers being single.
sounds like it could be a segment in a made for cable movie... or something like that. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back