Show Us What you got Black Firday!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i went to circuit city which i was not expecting to have a huge line at 4:30, i was near the end but was able to snag a 1gb sandisk sd card for 3.99 AR. the cashier asked me "is this the only thing your getting??" i was able to order the 1gb sandisk thumbdrive online yesterday for $2.99 luckily. wish i could have gotten the sd card too cuz going through these stores is madness. compussr was out of the usb bluetooth adapters by the time i got there (5:08) :(

got in line at bestbuy at 1am and scored the 22" westinghouse but missed out on the $189 desktop rig for my friend. No camera so no pics but it is very nice, no dead pixels at first glance and its huge compared to my 19" crt.

nothing really appealed to me this year but I had heard rumors of an xbox 360 for $130 at target (from both online and a friend who has a friend that works at target) so I decided what the hell and got to the Lodi, CA target around 4:30am; was about 25th in line or so

once it opened, ran right to the electronics section, and no luck; no 360 deals. they were, however, underreporting their tv on dvd deals. all four seasons of 24, all three volumes of family guy, all seasons of the simpsons and gilmore girls, and other such things, were on sale for the $16 price each, not just specific volumes. so I grabbed all of the dvds of 24 and family guy (and the first season of robot chicken) for a smooth $135 after taxes.

the check-out guy at the front even said they were having the 360 deal and to talk to the electronics manager, but when I went back, no such luck; he said they weren't having the deal. hopefully it wasn't just store specific as I didn't feel like driving for 20 minutes to check the target in a nearby town

overall, I have to say the deals are pretty disappointing this year. nothing that really stuck out at me. hopefully day after christmas or next year will be better

I scored a Westinghouse LVM-37w3 37" 1080p monitor at Shopko for $799+tax. They flew off the pallet like crack.

CompUSA last night,

(2) 160gb Seagate 300mb/s SATA Drives (now RAID0) $20 each
(1) Motorola Bluetooth Headset - $0.00
(1) SuperG 108mbps Netgear Wireless Router (now Access Point) $5
(1) Sandisk Ultra II 2gb SD Card - $40
(1) Sandisk Ultra II 2gb CF Card - $40

eBay Last Night:

Magellan Roadmate 760 - Refurbished - $260 w/ 3 year warranty

I didn't bother waking up this morning because I pretty much had everything I needed.

Got in line at Best Buy around 11:15pm and ended up being the 114th person in line. Got all i wanted though.

32" westy
100 dvd-r spools x 2
Munich
Fight Club
Dodgeball
MI:3

I snagged the Westinghouse 22" at Best Buy. It was the last one on the shelf and was an open box. I paid the standard $200 out the door, but got an $80 gift certificate as well. Not bad, especially considering there's nothing wrong with the panel. Not even a single dead pixel. That deal owns.

I got TWO 22" Wide screen LCD 5ms response time for $199 each (Best Buy)

Evga 7600GT 256mb (Pci-e) $75 (Circuit city) last one they had

Then some other stuff.

aarmenaa said:
I snagged the Westinghouse 22" at Best Buy. It was the last one on the shelf and was an open box. I paid the standard $200 out the door, but got an $80 gift certificate as well. Not bad, especially considering there's nothing wrong with the panel. Not even a single dead pixel. That deal owns.

Because i had two of these 22" people where trying to rape me lol. I was thinking of selling it to them for more because i was tired of them attacking me. There was easily over 2000 people at my best buy.

2 1gb flash drives no rebates: 28
Buy.com:
Dinosaurs Complete first season
Greg the bunny series
ps2 component cables: 50

so not bad so far.

roninblade said:
PB240099.jpg

All you assholes took the 100pack of DVD's at bestbuy

At the Best Buy in Bel Air, MD they had over 200 spindles of the 100 packs in the check out line
and I am sure they had even more on the floor.

I got the Linksys SRX200 MIMO router for $59.99 from Best Buy and the Euro Pro 4 slice toaster
oven from Sears for $19.99.

a0551193fp2.jpg

b000070ibw01scmzzzzzzzpp0.jpg

Tylerdurdened said:
I got a SyncMaster 931BW. Was after the westy but omfg, there were gangs of hindus and asians of ~3-5 people each, and they all grabbed the god damn westies infront of my eyes, I was about to pick the last one up, but nope, a hindu took the last 3 WTFFFF
You mean that shit wasn't 1 Per? That's ridiculous...

Ok where are you all getting your hands on those westies??? I would love to get my paws on some if there are any left

Went to Best Buy in Enfield, Ct. at 8am thinking they would be sold out of the two things I wanted, the WD 250gb External hd [$69.99 and a Pioneer dvd/cd writer [$29.99].
Walked right up to the Pioneer and grabbed the only one left and went to get the My Book and there were none left- in sight.
Bent down and looked under a few shelves and found one and checked out.
Place was jammed but chekout was really fast.
I formatted the WD to NT and transferred all my pics and songs.
Lovin it. :D

Both BB and CC had a good number of people in line yesterday afternoon. Just got off the phone with a friend that got out to BB around 2 AM and there were well over 200 people there already. He said he knew it was a lost cause at that point but had nothing better to do so he stayed. He got a few DVDs, an MP3 player and a cake of DVD-Rs. The "door busters" were history as far as the cheap laptops and 32" Westi before he even got to the door. I told him he should have paid his nephew "crazy Ed" to camp out and get him the deals. Ed is bright as a turnip and easily entertained. So I'm guessing next year Ed will find his special purpose.

I made 2 trips to Fry's this morning:

From the bottom up:
2 x Canon Pixma iP1600 printers $10 each
Samsung DVD-R130 DVD player/burner $57
2 x 50 packs of 16x DVD-R/DVD+R $3AR each ($5MIR)
Lexar Firefly 512MB USB Flash drive $FAR ($13MIR)
7" LCD portable DVD player $57
Maxtor 320GB PATA hard drive $59.99
2 x VideoNow media wizard $0.29 each (blank discs and software)
2 x Deus Ex Invisible War Xbox $3.48 each
Malice Xbox $5.90
2 x VideoNow Yu-Gi-Oh movies $0.90 each
Terminator 3 DVD $0.99
VideoNow Color fx video player $28.99
2 x Bluetooth headsets $8.99 each

Total after $23 in rebates: under $300 including tax.

The Fry's line was very long this morning at 3:20am. :( It seems simple, but the stuff I hid on Wednesday night was all in the places I left it. :D I didn't have to wait in any lines except the check out line. Poor people in a 20 minute like to get a portable DVD player or DVD player/burner. Suckers.

i got a 37" westy for 899+tax at conn's, thought it to be a good deal since never heard of shopko

I got the Westy 22 and it's great. I give Bestbuy some credit, they were actually organized and things went smoothly.

didnt really get anything this year but looks like this thread is weaker than last years?

rolled past best buy, line was into the next parking lot and a 34 dollar sansa, regardless how much i wanted it...was not worth it.

stopped by my local staples, total of maybe 20 people when the doors opened

snagged the 200gb hard drive, a gig sd card, the power strip (you can never have enough power strips) the microsoft wireless mouse/keyboard and the 19inch lcd monitor

i also got the kenwood car stereo that was 50 bucks off at bestbuy, this really wasn't so much because of bf but because mine just died wed night, but they coincided.

couldn't complain, the wireless mouse/keyboard for 20 is perfect for my htpc, so i can lay on my bed and do what i have to

i'll post some pictures later. but i figure i would chime in

I stopped at the Best Buy on the other end of town and they were out of the X1600. Left there and went to Walmart and got the wife her new coffee pot and roaster oven. Home Depot is like an addiction. I walked in looking for one or two items and left with a cart full of stuff. After dropping her off, I went to the first BB from this AM and snagged the last x1600 pro they had in stock. Now to change the video card, hook up the new 22" monitor and play some Medal of Honor in widescreen. :D

Diablo2K said:
What setting you useing, I added the "+szx 1680 +szy 1080", I am now getting crashes to desktop after a short blackscreen. I had it set to 1280x1024 and it worked fine

Its 1680x1050. Wrong resolution might be the problem??

Arrived at Best Buy at 10:30 pm last night, and the line was halfway around the side of the building. Front of the line had begun at 2PM on thanksgiving day. What pissed me off, was that at around 3:30 am, everyone that was on the backside of the building charged to the front of the line. Extremely poor character of any of them. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest their crotches, and may their arms be too short to scratch! :mad:

However, due to dispersion, the now 150 people in front of us went for other items, and the four of us scored:

• Eight 22" Westinghouse Widescreen LCD's
  • One 19 Inch hdtv lcd
  • Six 100-packs of DVD-r's
  • Four 2.0 gig flash drives

We really werent there for much else, though aside form us my family scored a pretty fair bit. Unfortunately for me, i really have run out of things that i want / need, and up until this year, (for the past 5), getting there at 2am would at least get me a good spot. This is no longer the case, best buy is getting to be too ridiculous for me, and I think this will be it for me. This family tradition is getting to be more stressful than its worth, and if i do end up doing this next year, it would probably be at a different store.

Snagged 2 200GB PATA Hard Drives at Staples for $50 after rebates and tax. Not bad for shopping online and not waiting in line. :D

Well the day started off extremely early at Best Buy freezing my ass of in line at 4:30 am waiting to get a nice 22" Westinghouse. Well by the time i got in there..as you may guess.... ALL GONE! So anyways i walked around and picked up my 2 star wars games, the original empire at war and expansion for $35 total. Then went over to the PS2 section and picked up MK deception for $5. Later on went to Staples...picked up a 19" Samsung 920bw, bluetooth headset and also Need for Speed Most Wanted Black Edition for get this...$1.50. I was like dam thats a bargain i dont care how old that game is! Long day time to get some sleep!

;)

Picked up a 50" Samsung HP-S5053. Order is confirmed, but need to schedule delivery. $1950 shipped less 3% fatwallet.

samsung50.jpg

Got some clothes and a 300GB Maxtor at Fry's!

I love how they have 50 Cashiers. :)

I went to bestbuy here got there at 4am long ass line to the door

walked around in the mall for a half hour then went back to the line
it was a lil longer then i got in line and the line got humongous
Looks like the west 22incher was one of the best deals they had
i aldready have a 20inch WS LG i like alot so i didn't need a monitor this year
but i did manage to get a WD 250 gig My book for 69 books Very good deal
its a really good quality external. also saw a SATA DVD-R samsung drive with Lightscribe for 60 bucks ! i dunno if this is a deal or not
i got the WD and a copy of BF2142 for 25 bucks
iam gonna check staples maybe i can get a copy of most wanted too for 1.50 or whatever that cheap price was

I got in line ~9pm, was about 70th in line. The poeple that were first in line had gotten there around noon on thanksgiving..lol.

I had a list of things to get.. 1gb thumb drive, BF2142, and some other crap but with all the crazy people I just grabbed 2 100 packs of DVD's and that lovely, oh so lovely, 22" Westinghouse.

got in line at best buy at about 11:15 last night, and was about 70th person in line.

ended up with 22" westinghouse lcd for me and the $80 17" mag lcd as a present for my mom. i was wanting the $250 laptop also but of course they were already taken.

I missed my 250gb at compusa )=. Oh well newegg had some good prices so I picked it up there for about the same price (5 bucks more for shipping I think). So it was still a good day :D

i scored a 32" westing house HDTV and some Klipsch speakers :D

ya I am heading to a staples in my area to check that out i hope so
also the 100 DVD R at BB were DVD -'s !
which some dvd players can't play !

Lord of Shadows said:
Most wanted black for $1.50, is that deal still going on?

The deal was still going on in the staples in my area. Dickson City, PA. There were only a few left. I snagged one quick!

r00k said:
Arrived at Best Buy at 10:30 pm last night, and the line was halfway around the side of the building. Front of the line had begun at 2PM on thanksgiving day. What pissed me off, was that at around 3:30 am, everyone that was on the backside of the building charged to the front of the line. Extremely poor character of any of them. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest their crotches, and may their arms be too short to scratch! :mad:

However, due to dispersion, the now 150 people in front of us went for other items, and the four of us scored:

• Eight 22" Westinghouse Widescreen LCD's
  • One 19 Inch hdtv lcd
  • Six 100-packs of DVD-r's
  • Four 2.0 gig flash drives

We really werent there for much else, though aside form us my family scored a pretty fair bit. Unfortunately for me, i really have run out of things that i want / need, and up until this year, (for the past 5), getting there at 2am would at least get me a good spot. This is no longer the case, best buy is getting to be too ridiculous for me, and I think this will be it for me. This family tradition is getting to be more stressful than its worth, and if i do end up doing this next year, it would probably be at a different store.

r00k, i was at that BestBuy that got ambushed. It was rediculous. I was one of the first people to grab the 22icnhers. I think I saw you and your friend (young, asian decent, around 18 years old) grabbing like 6 of those monitors and putting them on your cart. I went in, grabbed the 22incher, and I was the first person out of the store.... THE FIRST PERSON!!! w0000tt

clickclickw00t said:
r00k, i was at that BestBuy that got ambushed. It was rediculous. I was one of the first people to grab the 22icnhers. I think I saw you and your friend (young, asian decent, around 18 years old) grabbing like 6 of those monitors and putting them on your cart. I went in, grabbed the 22incher, and I was the first person out of the store.... THE FIRST PERSON!!! w0000tt

Wrong - my friends with me were all high school age whities. I was wearing a black mountain dew hoodie. They got a good place towards the front, and as soon as they got in, they took 3 stacks over to the side isle (where there was nothing interesting) to make sure we all got as many as we wanted. To me, that was the coolest move ever :D I actually got into the checkout line pretty quickly with them, and ended up waiting on the side at the front of the line until my family members could come by and buy each one we needed one at a time. Dastardly, yes; but legitimate.

I scored one of the emachines desktops for $189, I was number 18 of 22 they had to give out, so I scored one of those, a Western Digital Mybook 250GB External HD and 2 packs of 100 DVD-Rs for $5 each. Not bad, I guess, but I got there at 6PM the previous night and waited for over 10 hours, but I got what I wanted :D And my bro scored a X1600Pro for his gaming comp, too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back