Show off your Heatsink thread

Finally got around to taking the side off today while waiting for RC1 to finish installing. Here's the pic with the panaflo. It makes the entire HSF assembly just slightly shorter than the Accelero X1.

enigmaheatsink.jpg

39c idle 56c after hours of Oblivion. OC'd as in the sig with the fan speed set at 100% for performance 3D mode and 33% for 2d mode. If I could only get rid of that blue LED on the motherboard I'd be set. heh.

innards1.jpg

Here is my pretty Zalman 9500AM2

Looks beautiful, and I'm idling at 24c right now, with a system temp of 34c. :) Since getting this I haven't seen my CPU go over 35c even when I overclocked it. (except that one week when it was 100F+ outside :p)

Thermaltake silentboost K8 (stock fan) Temperatures are 28 idle, no idea what load is... (just reapplied AS5 a few days ago, had too much i think

Im using a fresh air duct so thats why temps are so low :p

picture45ef1.jpg

I tried, this webcam cant zoom :p basically, its a cardboard tube, angled cut on the ends of like 15 or so degrees because my side panel fan doesnt quite line up on top of my cpu :p and with a piece of anti static bag as one side :p

Jodiuh said:
And actually appropriately sized. Those Zalman's were the last HS's to look "right" imo. Nowadays, with the TT and BT, it's just silly. Anyway, here's my new little friend.

IMG_1158.jpg

IMG_1152.jpg

Nice little NB cooler. what are your system/cpu temperatures for idle and load? do u overclock?

Click me! That's what I'm day to day at right now. Temps have gone down due to AS5 settling, but I'm thinking about sticking my Ninja back on there to see how that performs with a Sythe E fan. The NB Heatsink's no longer throbbing hot either....thanks Forcetake!!

EDIT: I'm also using some Patriot Black Heatspreader ram for $159 from the Egg.

my P5W DH Deluxe cooling setup... 40mm fan on NB + a little wattah on the cpu.. wooo!

P5WDH1.JPG

damm thermaltake, cant they make there won products instead of copying everyone elese?

I(illa Bee said:
damm thermaltake, cant they make there won products instead of copying everyone elese?

ThermalRIGHT heatsink...

ThermalTAKE fan...

;)

Sniper_Merc said:
I'm a Zalman Whore, what can I say :D
puter_2006_02.jpg
You can probably reduce your temperatures if u clean up your case. BTW, was it last decade that u checked your case for dust?

And sniper merc, I think its time you invested in a new case. A lian li V1000+ would be great.

Your case must be very loud, look at all those fans!

NV-man said:
Here's my Scythe infinity in my TJ06.
picture004jm3.jpg
Have you tried turning your scythe so that it blows that air out to the rear fan? I think it might lower temps...if the scythe is capable of doing so.

alik4041 said:
Have you tried turning your scythe so that it blows that air out to the rear fan? I think it might lower temps...if the scythe is capable of doing so.
the infinity is capable of having the fan mounted on the narrow sides but it looks weird :eek:

Yea I have, but this is the only way that I can mount the fan as there simply isn't enough room (thanks to the btx-style layout of the case). The system seems fine as is, as my idle cpu temps are only around 27C. Although I would have preffered to mount the heatsink a different way, this is the only way it was going to work. I also had to take out the wind tunnel as there was no room for that either, lol.

Tech-Daddy said:
*cough*
blow that thing out!
*cough*
:eek: :eek:

Actually, that is blown out, im a smoker and the nicotine and tar in the air has built up over the last 3.5 yrs with that case.

Noni said:
And sniper merc, I think its time you invested in a new case. A lian li V1000+ would be great.

Your case must be very loud, look at all those fans!

Nope, Zalman Fanbus on the front :)

http://snipershide.us/images/sniper/puter_2006/puter_2006_03.jpg

I'm currently considering 3 different cases actually.

Quoted from my site post yesterday:

I've pretty much pushed the air cooling in this case to the limits of it's capabilities, it's time for a new case, something with better airflow, the extra, hotter hard drives have pushed it over the edge. Still considering my options in this area but right now the Thermaltake Armor 8000 series is probably what I will wind up going with, there are a couple of newer casees with possibly even better airflow but they are a lot more expensive as well, such as the Coolermaster 830, and the brand new Thermaltake Mozart , both of which have massive abilities for 120 mm fans but both are about 60 bucks more than the Armor as well.

Edit: removing inline pics, you bastages looked at my puter so much my site got locked :p

Stu55 said:
How does that 120mm fan sucking air about 3/4" away from the carpet work?

Works fine actually, I have that one and the 120 mm in top of case on 5/12 volt switch, can't even hear them on 5 volt, but when the California sun starts baking my computer room I crank it up.

Back