Show off your Heatsink thread

Wouldn't you be sucking in a lot of dust and also be over working the fan because there isn't that much room for air to be pulled through it? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

i really dont see a problem with it the only thing i`d worry about is the dust though depends on how low its sitting

Stu55 said:
Wouldn't you be sucking in a lot of dust and also be over working the fan because there isn't that much room for air to be pulled through it? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Not any more than the front fans were pushing into the box anyway, so it doesn't matter much dust wise.

OC_LeGeND said:
i really dont see a problem with it the only thing i`d worry about is the dust though depends on how low its sitting

About 1/4" above the carpet.

I could break down the entire system and get some sort of electronic cleaner that would be safe to get on the mb and expansion cards, I just have no compelling reason to spend an entire day doing it considering I may be upgrading the case, and possibly the motherboard and cpu within the next month or two.

If and or when I do upgrade the case, that will be the time to break down all the sinks and get the goo off them.

I've been in and out of this case so damn much, I wore out the threads in 5 of the 7 expansion card slots, had to actually jam bigger screws in there just to keep the cards locked down.

As far as doing any more wire hiding, to increase air flow, I've considered that too, I've rewired this case probably 4-5 times in the last 3.5 years and without actually going though and doing some major mods, IE lengthining the wires between molex plugs, there isn't a lot more that I can do, christ, look at the pic below and think of what the case would look like had I not done this ammount of wire hiding ;) .

http://snipershide.us/images/sniper/puter_2005/sleeved_ps_2.jpg

Note that this isn't all necessarly directed at you Legend, just trying to get the point across to everybody that indeed I have done a buttload of work to keep this system healthy :) .

Edit: removing inline pics, you bastages looked at my puter so much my site got locked :p

OMG Snipe! Snap!

Big Fat Duck said:
i demand to see more thermalright ultra-120's

And Tuniq's...preferable mounted on a DS3 with a Jing Ting NB Cooler so I can tell if mine will fit!!

I just got my Thermaltake A2018 2800 RPM Blue LED Fan for my Thermalright Ultra 120.

Not loud at all, even @ full speed. And it beats the Panaflo with looks :D

12.jpg

14.jpg

11.jpg

The only aircooled things in my pc

dsc02904smallmd4.jpg

Hmmm, these dual 7800gtx's are starting to fall behind now. I was going to upgrade to dual 7950GT's last week but decided im going to hold off until next gen cards. They should be right around the corner :)

Here is my current...a Cooler Master R-120. Not much to look at per se, but has the look that fits well with my case and works exceptionally well.

R-120.jpg

Which is being replaced tomorrow with this Titan Amanda! :D

Amandaishere.jpg

Here's what she should look like once painted and installed...it was a quick photochop job to get an idea of where the fans would line up, and now that I have it in hand I see I have it scaled about 5% larger than it is, but its close and you get an idea.

Amanda2.jpg

I'll post others once I actually get it in, which is a project in itself. ;)

*Bling*
Zalman 9500 AM2
innards1.jpg

Keeps my CPU at a frosty 22-25c idle, never tops 35c under full load (unless it's over 100F out :p)

ReDgUaRd008 said:
OMG that things a beast. Hows the Temps with that monster?

Don't know yet. She was just delivered a few hours ago and I wont have a chance to get her installed until tomorrow night, but I will surely keep you posted.

skudmunky: I love the look of those Zalmans, and those temps are equally nice.

Happy Hopping said:
you didn't buy this because of those cartoon women showing their cleavage, did you? :D

because I don't get the idea of having 2 fans, 1 on ea. side blowing, won't the power of the fan each pull some heat towards the center? The design doesn't make sense.
im pretty sure they are in a push-pull configuration

N H O said:
im pretty sure they are in a push-pull configuration

This is correct. Pulls air in the front through the first set of fins which are attached to a copper plate on the cold side of the TEC. These heatpipes are cool (below ambient temp) to the touch. The air (which actually might be getting cooled) then flows through a second set of heatpipes/fins attached to a copper plate and the hot side of the TEC, and exhausts out the rear of the case. These pipes get warm, but considerably cooler than others I have tested.

Happy Hoppin: you didn't buy this because of those cartoon women showing their cleavage, did you?

LOL, um, no. I actually painted over her shortly after she arrived. ;) Here's a pic of her present attire during install...

Amandai8.jpg

wiring2.jpg

Sorry, no close ups or anything :(

si-120, gigabyte silent heatpipes, zalman hdd pipes, abit n/sb heatpipes

I love heatpipes :D :D

Well here are some pics of what i have now, Not done yet though

there is some of that ultra-120 to show.

after lapping both my E6600 and ultra-120 I lowered my temps by 16 degrees idle and 23 degrees load.... My Conroe was very bad, the ultra-120 was pretty flat though.

Ill post back later when i finally do some more wiring, I just have to cut my new case :(

Comp-pre1.jpg

Comp-pre2.jpg

Comp-pre3.jpg

Comp-pre4.jpg

khanable said:
wiring2.jpg

Sorry, no close ups or anything :(

si-120, gigabyte silent heatpipes, zalman hdd pipes, abit n/sb heatpipes

I love heatpipes :D :D

Cleanest rig ever. Lili FTW! How did you stick the cables behind the board? bigger mobo standoffs? Cut outs? Mad pretty bro.

oh snap! lookee what came today..

EDIT: sorry, these pix are shit.. I'll take some good ones (w/ the FZ20) at home later. :)

EK1.JPG

EK2.JPG

EK3.JPG

it's gonna be a fun filled watercooled weekend. :)

Jodiuh said:
Cleanest rig ever. Lili FTW! How did you stick the cables behind the board? bigger mobo standoffs? Cut outs? Mad pretty bro.

Cut some holes in the motherboard tray and just ran cables through there :) basically right where the motherboard ends, the hole ends as well. so it cannot be seen, yet wires are not actually "pressed" under the board.

Nice. I always thought a better case would have cut outs and a bit more engineering behind what's used to hold the board up. I don't really think we need full on backs. Strategic strips of steel would do!!

Stu55 said:
Show us pics when its installed! ;)

youuuu betcha. I want to get the project rolling this weekend.. I'd do it sooner if I wasn't gaming at night this week.. it's going to be a major WC overhaul.. all new tubing, adding a 120mm rad to the loop and trying Fluid XP+ Extreme for the first time.. should be interesting. :)

belmicah said:
Khanable, that my friend is Phuckin' clean!! Nice wiring job.

Gracias!

Lovin' the zalman glammar shots! I might even make that middle one my background... so cool looking lol

khanable said:
Gracias!

Lovin' the zalman glammar shots! I might even make that middle one my background... so cool looking lol
pm me if you want a bigger one. original is something like 2048x1536 ;)

Back