Show off your Heatsink thread

damm it just makes me laugh because that is so much overkill for chipset cooling..

MonoDestro said:
What NB sink is that and how did it help with the temps?

I just got a DS3 and only have a ghetto rigged fan blowing on it, but would like a better more permanent solution. Thanks.

That would be this little friend:

http://epowerhousepc.com/forcetake-chip-force-chipset-cooler-p-746.html

The Forcetake Chipforce JT-0006 NB cooling. It's actually made by Jing Ting and is reviewed here:
http://www.bigbruin.com/2006/jts0006_1

I've ordered one and will soon have pic's up showing my cooling solutions ;)

I(illa Bee said:
damm it just makes me laugh because that is so much overkill for chipset cooling..

Perhaps, but it's oh so much quiter from the reviews that I've seen. At least in regards to the stock MSI fan on my MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum/SLI board. That thing's a shrieker (the MSI fan that is) :eek: (not embaressment, but to illustrate the singing the fan makes).

I(illa Bee said:

Have you touched a DS3 Stock NB Heatsink yet? :D Better yet, have you been shot by the plasma balls it launches while running Orthos/2xSP2004? :p I assure you, it's necessary. As for exact temps, I have no idea. I believe the DS3 has an option to show a couple more BIOS settings (not ctrl-F1), but I'm too lazy to try, hehe. See XS if you're curious. What I can tell you is that this heatsink gets really warm. I'll take that over FLIPPIN BOILING for $30 shipped. ;)

Heres mine - Scythe Ninja Plus. Just installed it yesterday and now my fingers hurt because of the force neeeded to install this baby - but it was worth it ;)

P1010327.jpg

P1010328.jpg

P1010329.jpg

+1 for side GPU intake...such a great idea. So the difference between the Ninja and the Plus...a fan?

Originally Posted by N H O
looks nice, btw wat case is that?
Its an Lian Li PC75

Originally Posted by Jodiuh
+1 for side GPU intake...such a great idea. So the difference between the Ninja and the Plus...a fan?
Thanks, the hard part installing that was making the holes through the acrylic would you believe. I guess the difference is the fan but it makes all the difference and is much quieter then my fan on my old heatsink

AuroraProject said:
mmmm xp120, mmm sli, mmm all in a praetorian :p but why is the window mounted on the inside? it looks so much cleaner on the outside :(

N H O said:
mmmm xp120, mmm sli, mmm all in a praetorian :p but why is the window mounted on the inside? it looks so much cleaner on the outside :(

I replaced the original green tinted window with a clear piece and mounted it inside, I think it looks cleaner on the inside. :p

Stu55: Yes, it's the XP-120

AuroraProject said:
I replaced the original green tinted window with a clear piece and mounted it inside, I think it looks cleaner on the inside. :p

I agree. Looks much cleaner when they're on the inside.

AY786 said:
Thanks, the hard part installing that was making the holes through the acrylic would you believe.

How did you do it? I would be afraid of the acrylic cracking...

Snotrocket said:

Thirded...

K, just got done with the lights. Here ya go...

IMG_1193-1.jpg

Damn, night shots are tough. I assure you it doesn't look as funky in real life. :p

Wow, looks like you have hardly anything in there lol, you need a second psu :cool:.

Snotrocket said:
looks much much cleaner on the outsides, thats the beauty of cooler master atc windows :)

Jodiuh said:
How did you do it? I would be afraid of the acrylic cracking...

Damn, night shots are tough. I assure you it doesn't look as funky in real life. :p

Man , you have a big case , with all that in side and it still looks empty

They make a translucent panaflo? :confused:

edit: nm, I thought that was an updated picture...but I think you're showing an older picture and saying you have a new fan. :D

ShadowDragon said:
x2heatsink01.jpg

Now it's got a much quieter, much more cfm Panaflo on it instead of that Thermaltake crap.
looks nice, how long have you had it?

fans.jpg

Just thought I would throw mine in the mix. The CPU cooler (Zalman CNPS9500 LED) dropped my CPU temp by 5 degrees C...not too bad...

The GPU cooler (Zalman VF900-Cu LED) which you can see the edge of in the pic dropped my graphic card a whopping 20 degrees C while playing games. That made it worth every penny.

N H O said:
looks nice, how long have you had it?
Late February, my tax check went to system upgrades. I had great luck with the XP-90c on my last build dropping temps more than anything I tried, so I picked up the 120 this time around.

new mobo and new NB sink... hoping this sucker keeps that piping hot 975x chip under control. :) (the default sink is passively cooled)

975x4.JPG

EDIT: Shrunkified my photos. Sorry for the extreme closeups, guess that should be a separate link for those that like to look really close ;)

Here's my project, just added a Jing Ting Chipforce JTS-0006.

Here's some images showing the process somewhat with the MSI K8N Platinum/SLI board.

Mmmm, isn't she beaut neked? Wish it would have focused better that close. Also, what does MSI use, saltwater taffy? It had this pink gunk that took forever to clean off and I couldn't get it completely off the edges of the core for fear of damage.
UCNVS-chipsetuncovered.JPG

Had to remove the motherboard to get to the clips. Here's my first mount idea, but it kinda oriented the fan in a direction that might not be as efficient. Pointing it with the fan pointing back would have covered the SATA connectors.
LMHKD-Firstmountidea.JPG

So I reinstalled it at an angle and the exhaust points towards my graphics card for more airflow and reduces airflow eddies that might have occured with it at 90 degrees like above.
VKFVN-Picture009.jpg

With it running, it's quieter and looks decent to boot! My temps are so low there must be a mistake, I'm going to run it all day long and then check again tonight to see if they are still accurate or not.

During Idle after two hour run.
Motherboard: 27C
CPU: 30C
GPU: 32C
Segate HD (smart reported) 21C

Back