Show off your Heatsink thread

Pics of my new rig :)

Zalman 9500 AM2 version (chrome plated, green LEDs), EVGA 7900GTX stock cooling, ASUS heatpipe cooler for nb & voltage regulators.

Ninja / Nexus and 2 Yate Loons.

newlianliopen.jpg

Very nice Jester! Can I ask what kind of temp difference you saw when changing to the Zalman, and is is quieter?

I like both shots, nice lighting!

dchrsf said:
Very nice Jester! Can I ask what kind of temp difference you saw when changing to the Zalman, and is is quieter?

I like both shots, nice lighting!

It is quieter, as far as temp difference. Its been awhile since I applied thermalpaste and I had put too much on. So Im going to remove the HSF again and re-do it. :(

Installed a Scythe Ninja+ and a Zalman VF700-CU yesterday.

As you can see, I had to modify my side fan array a bit to fit the Scythe. Theres plenty of room for it, the top fan just kind of has a few parts that dont like to fit :p. I snapped off the plastic retainers and removed the fan, and it fits like a charm.

Running the 3800+ X2 at an internal temperature (as reported by ASUS Probe) at 31c. Running my GPU (As reported by Nvidia Control Panel) at an internal of 38c. My external temp probes on both show them averaging at 30c.

178843371_31984e0805.jpg

178842516_b04ce8b4ce.jpg

178843531_112ebffd80.jpg

I also forgot to take a picture of my Zalman Heatsink for the mobo chipset. (Which is purple and you can see in the first pic a it to the right of the graphics card. Sorry for the blurry pictures, dont have a great Digital Camera available to me :p) I'll snap one when I open her back up again.

Stellar said:
It's just a different color...

Personally I'd prefer copper and silver over silver and GREEN.

It's more like blackish, but yeh I guess it's silver.
I like green, it's not as common as blue nowadays. Everyone and everything has blue leds in it and I just do not like the mainstream...

Don't get me wrong, blue is one of my favorite colors and I have blue leds in my PSU and front in front of my case. Just nice to see that someone else want's something else.

nice heatsinks guys, keep them coming, id love to continue using them but i am retiring from air cooling :(

SI-120 with a ghetto-mounted AF12 fan on it. I had to use twisty ties to get it to stay on, since the fan bracket is weird. I want to switch to a ninja though, I might do that later...

anyways, pic:

Picture032.jpg

dR.Jester said:
New Zalman installed today. Cooling a SKT939 A64 3700+

IMG_0156.JPG

IMG_0155.jpg

Great Pictures...first what kind of camera are you using..Second..what kind of case do you have that haardware in.. Love the Zalman..sooo sexy :D :D

Oops..forgot to check your sig...Very NIce set :cool:

After those pictures, I'm considering spray painting my 9500led and vf-900 black.

Darkside said:
Great Pictures...first what kind of camera are you using..

Glad you like em. Thank you for the great comments.

Camera is a Canon Powershot A40. Its pretty old and has been dropped many times, still works like a charm! :p

you know you can buy a mounting clip from thermalright thatll turn the cooler 90* and face it towards the exhaust

Here's my contribution.. a Gigabyte 3-D Cooler.. or whatever its called. :p It used to be the
coolest looking cooler back in the day when the A64's premiered.. it keeps my 3400+
Clawhammer a toasty 55c to 65c.. lol. I really don't care though since I've never had an
overheating problem at all. I've tried re-applying the thermal grease, but it just won't go
any cooler. Oh well, it looks nice in there. lol.

IMG_0084.jpg

N H O said:
you know you can buy a mounting clip from thermalright that'll turn the cooler 90* and face it towards the exhaust
I don't think that clip is approved for the Ultra-120 as it weighs 745g without a fan and the S clip doesn't bolt through the mainboard. The S clip uses the tabs on the plastic retention module to hold it in place. The heaviest heatsink Thermalright lists for use with the S clip is the HR-01. It only weighs 525g. I'd be afraid of the Ultra's weight shearing a tab and falling loose.

Additionally, the top of my full tower case acts as a pretty good exhaust chimney. I have a 92mm exhaust above the power supply.

Performance-wise, the Ultra-120 lowered my processor temps drastically compared to the XP-120 and the SI-120 that were on there before. Under a dual prime load, my temps dropped 8 to 10C. That sounds like an unbelieveable drop, but that is what the readings say. I didn't see any difference in cooling performance when I switched from an XP-120 to an SI-120, but the Ultra-120 blew me away.

Back