Show off your Heatsink thread

I have a collection...

I am sad I removed the AMD stickers on these stock coolers... I want to use the heatpipe AMD cooler, but my OCD won't let me without the original stock sticker...

so... I have it here for if I need it for other PCs. the regular stock amd one, I have holes drilled for mounting to a 6800gt.
hscollection.jpg

Yashu said:
I have a collection...

I am sad I removed the AMD stickers on these stock coolers... I want to use the heatpipe AMD cooler, but my OCD won't let me without the original stock sticker...

so... I have it here for if I need it for other PCs. the regular stock amd one, I have holes drilled for mounting to a 6800gt.
mmm nice, lets see them mounted :p

Getting myself a lapping kit for my Arctic Freezer 64 Pro. Will post before and after pics as well as temps (before/after).

Keep them coming!

Well the rest of my stuff is liquid cooled but heres my backlit :)D) VF900 on my 7800GTX

gpulight4jh.jpg

gpuhsf8cb.jpg

mm nice, i love the copper, you juss now need to replace the xp90 with something that is fully copper to match the rest :p

jmroberts70 said:
I have that exact motherboard! Where did you get that chipset cooler? Here's what I'm using now and I have a heck of a time fitting video cards in there...

Got it here

xtasyindecay said:
Yeah the 7600gs ain't that shabby. I dropped one in my GF's computer and it plays Black and White 2 on max @ 1024x768.

they arent bad espeically when its only 75 bucks a card. :)

cyks said:
I see a bright OC future.

and you buy 100% performance parts....not a care for looks? i seriously doubt it.

jcll2002 said:
http://www.megapixelspace.com/upload/02.JPG[/mg]
[img]http://www.megapixelspace.com/upload/26.JPG[img]
[img]http://www.megapixelspace.com/upload/27.JPG[img][/QUOTE]

for future reference, a space or two between the pictures would be nice :)

when i first saw the pics, i was like HOLY CRAP he's got 3 in there!!

N H O said:
interesting....is the 6800le unlocked and how are the temps with it?

nah, no pixel pipelines unlockable and no vertex units either :(. it's the second 6800 i've had, the original was a NU and that didn't unlock either. temps are 45 degrees idle, 60 ish load but i can't tell exactly cause they drop as i alt-tab out of 3dmark or whatever. this is with the card clocked at 370/850 by the way.

damn man thats harsh luck =/ i had my leadtek 6800le unlocked 16/5 (could do 16/6 with a few artifacts) and clocked at 365/900 with the stock cooler :D

I'm really showing off the fan on my 'sink more than the sink itself... but the fan makes the sink in my opinion.

hsf004.jpg

This is the fan:
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/de12tfexhisp.html

220 CFMs, about two and a half amps of +12v, and enough RPMs to confuse the sensor on my cheap eVGA mobo. It thinks I have a 9500 RPM fan, hah.

And yes, that is duct tape... what the heck, I didn't have any cable ties and I don't have a window anyway.

board2death986 said:
move your ram one slot over, dual channel is your friend :D
he might already be in dual channel; i think some mobos have them next to each other, even tho the colors are different. the jetway matx board has it like that iirc.

I shld snap a pic of my dad's HS/F, he's got the new Zalman AM2 Edition (silver w/nvidia logo & green LED )

Ghetto Waterblock

Amazingly it doesnt leak and it cooled my old 1700+ twice before retirement

Wow, I've never seen aluminum foil on a waterblock before... And it didn't leak? That, sir, is impressive.

Oh yeah, noise in my setup is technically called "hella loud", but years of trying to watch TV with my mom in the room taught me to tune out background noise. :D

NickS said:
I shld snap a pic of my dad's HS/F, he's got the new Zalman AM2 Edition (silver w/nvidia logo & green LED )

I'll have one of those as soon as UPS gets around to delivering it. Idiots took 5 days to ship 3 day shipping, then missorted it and sent it back to California. :(

I recently re-cased my pc to a Lian-Li V1000 and tried to use a "straight through" setup. Cool air in from the front, hot air out the back..

Untitled-1copy.jpg

Untitled-2copy.jpg

Untitled-3copy.jpg

Back