38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

It was nice and warm :) Only spent 4 days there. 4 days in vegas. 1 day in LA and 2 days in SF.

It was a great escape off the bad snow storm that hit nortwest area prety bad :)

Agreed :) For the whales did you go on a whale watching trip or where you somewhere like Cabrillo Monument?

going on one of those trip off the marina near the seaworld:)
We were lucky that day according to the ship captain anyway since we were able to find a pack with 7 whales that day. He said usually only one or two per pack.

BTW- I do love San Diego - the city has more soul to it compared to Portland :). Love the buildings. Just one complaint about the city in general - everything is sooo disperse from one place to another.

Originally posted by wolfio

BTW- I do love San Diego - the city has more soul to it compared to Portland :). Love the buildings. Just one complaint about the city in general - everything is sooo disperse from one place to another.
Yeah, it's a monster of a county. It's a conundrum because it's an awesome tourist attraction, but like you said everything is spread far apart and there isn't a great public transportation system like you get in NY, Chi, SF, etc. so it limits how many things you can do in a day. Sucky if you have a short vacation because you have to pick and choose, but good thing if you have a lot of time because you could easily fill a week and be busy everyday. As a native I like it though because I think it cuts down on the traffic that you get when you have everything concentrated in one area like those other cities.

Side note but somewhat related: I can't wait until the Padres start playing at the new stadium and start winning. The Gaslamp will be more exciting than it already is :)

Up by the lake by my apt. complex. I live in Radbourne Lake Apts off of Harris Blvd. The lake actually has a thin layer ice that goes about 10 yards from the shoreline.

zachary80 -- I took the shot of the iguanas in Tulum - a Mayan ruin in Mexico located on the coast

I was down in that area for most of a week - fantastic place - I definetly plan on going back when I can

well we're just having a cold spell in the UK at the moment, so i had a nice walk around my university campus with my camera :D

DSCF0034.JPG

DSCF0051.JPG

DSCF0076.JPG

DSCF0113.JPG

DSCF0122.JPG

I've taken the pictures from my photo gallery, hence why they have the time/date included.

HaRdLiNe,
let me see some pics of that civic you got...try out some night shots maybe

Daytona Beach Lighthouse. 12:30 at night and very overcast. Street light behind me to light the trees in the foreground. 30 second exposure at f11 on a canon 1DS.
lighthouse.jpg

heres my ride (please no flames)...Im about to have to pay for dental school and can afford my new baby yet (350z or G35coupe) but soon...
IMG_0795sm.JPG

So it can only get better from here, now post your damn it...

Originally posted by [H] - WRX
Is that a ski lift? :D

Nah, it looks like one though. Just a kind of canival ride that takes people to the end and back. Only runs durig the day though not at 1:30 am when this pic was taken.

Bric

Originally posted by DruSi3r
heres my ride (please no flames)...Im about to have to pay for dental school and can afford my new baby yet (350z or G35coupe) but soon...
http://plaza.ufl.edu/drewez/a70/IMG_0795sm.JPG[IMG]

So it can only get better from here, now post your damn it... [/B][/QUOTE] I think I've posted mine in this forum (maybe just in the car section), but here it is, 2004 Mazda6 s:

[img]http://s89643161.onlinehome.us/mycar.jpg

All pictures taken with a Cannon PowerShot A300. Resized 50%, otherwise unaltered. The light blue tint on some pictures is due to the thickness of the aircraft glass.

California coast. 4,000' MSL.
coast.jpg

Monogenetic volcano field, Nevada. FL250.
volcanoes.jpg

Grand Canyon, Arizona. FL250.
grand-canyon.jpg

Pictures will be continued next post.

All pictures taken with a Cannon PowerShot A300. Resized 50%, otherwise unaltered. The light blue tint on some pictures is due to the thickness of the aircraft glass.

A view from the top. KC-10 aerial refueling another KC-10. If you've ever flown on a DC-10, you know how big these aircraft are.
KC10-1.jpg

What it's like to be on bottom.
KC10-2.jpg

KC10-3.jpg

This is what it looks like when you're less than 25 feet from another large aircraft.
KC10-4.jpg

This is looking directly up at the other aircraft.
KC10-5.jpg

Those are amazing shots Rainman.

Don't get a chance to see that kind of angle on refueling very often. Great shots.

As I collect more, I'll post what I can. I like my cheap-o digital camera for two reasons...

1) With a 256 meg CF card I can take up to 154 2048x1536 superfine photos (or some 640x480 digital video).

2) It's dummy proof point and shoot for those quick photo moments in the air.

I can't wait until I can afford a nice DSLR.

Here's the best one from a recent hike of mine. I love cold weather. You can get at the rest in the set by loading index.htm...
froz_casc_42s.jpg

-Sea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back