Show off your best pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by PurdueDood
Honestly, and if you want to be textbook about this one 56K, I could have considered the following:

There are many difficulties associated with a straight-on shot like yours, you may want to try another angle, or possibly even a wider angle lens.

What is your ISO setting? Your color saturation seems a bit weak.
If you could manage a ISO 50 or 100 and a tripod, using a remote shutter trigger and a lengthened shutter time. Many small, short focal point lenses do better ad a medium f-stop. f11-16 with the appropriate shutter speed.
Even then I would have over-exposed that pic 2-3rds to 1 full stop over.

-PD
my iso setting was at 50. I actually used a tripod and a 6 second exposure. I wasn't able to back up any further because there was a wall behind me. I don't have a wide-angle converter for my compact camera.

Originally posted by LuciferRex
Stereodude, did you use a wide angle lense or multiple shots for that, it is a sweet picture BTW
CANiSLAYu is correct. I'm going to try another attempt at joining them after running them through neat image first. The problem is there is some noise in them and where they join the noise is reduced from stacking...

Anyhow...

Originally posted by 56k For Life
umm k...so I wasted all my money on a 4MP camera for nothing?

The equipment doesn't make the photographer. A $20k camera can still take crappy shots.
It's the operator.

I just went through a bunch of pics today and found some of my favorites:

Matterhorn.jpg

Ocean2.jpg

Plumeria%20Flowers%2002.jpg

Plumeria%20Flowers.jpg

Beach3.jpg

Beach-10.jpg

Arch.jpg

Wake.jpg

Ok, I think that's all of them. BTW, these were all taken with my crappy Canon Powershot A10. Yes, I am going to get a new camera soon, but I'm a poor college student, so please humor me.

I like the Matterhorn

It isn't that it's a awesome shot or anything, just that I like mountains (yes I know that one is fake). I suck at photography :D

quick question: lower ISO for nightshots, correct?

Im a newbie to photography, but so far Im loving what I'm learning. Fstops, shutter speeds, its amazing what the average Point 'n' Shoot Joe is missing out on!!!

GF got me a DSC-V1 for Xmas, this is what I shot so far by simply messing with the settings

drip2.jpg

drip.jpg

Originally posted by Stereodude
CANiSLAYu is correct. I'm going to try another attempt at joining them after running them through neat image first. The problem is there is some noise in them and where they join the noise is reduced from stacking...

Anyhow...
Yeah, long exposure panoramics are a bitch if the whole scene isn't lit equally (rarely the case) :(

Speaking of panoramics though, here's one I took today:

coronado_pan.jpg

Originally posted by zachary80
how do you take pictures like that?

I think my limitation is me, not my C-750 :)

Zachary80,

I used a tripod along with Macro mode. I manually focused on the end of the faucet. It took me 20 pictures to get those two.. timing has to be perfect, but after awhile, you start to know when to take it. Here is the EXIF data

EXIF Version: 0220
Make: SONY
Model: DSC-V1
MakerNote Size: 1504
MakerNote Offset: 686
Color Space: sRGB
Pixel Columns: 2592
Pixel Rows: 1944
Component Configuration: 1230
Compressed Bits Per Pixel: 4.00
Exposure Time: 1/1000.00
Exposure Bias (APEX): 0.00
Max Aperture: f/2.83
Metering Mode: Pattern
Light Source: Unidentified (0)
Flash Fired: Yes
Flash Mode: Fill
Focal Length (mm): 15.30
F Number: 4.00
Exposure Program: Shutter Priority
ISO Speed: 400
File Source: 3
Scene Type: 1
Orientation: Upper Left (1)
X Resolution: 72.00
Y Resolution: 72.00
Resolution Units: Inch
Custom Rendered: Normal process
Exposure Mode: Auto
White Balance: Auto
Scene Capture Type: Standard

*bump*

Don't ever stop posting in this thread because there are some really amazing pictures. Keep 'em coming:)

Originally posted by Hooker
yes... yes i agree!

and here are a couple more recent shots (C-750, no remote or tripod, landscape mode, through a window):

ice.JPG

bird_ice.JPG

My friend and I took this picture. It's Provia 100 slide film cross processed into negatives so the colors came out really trippy.

get___em.jpg

Why sticky? It pretty much always sits in the top 5 posts and I can't recall it ever falling off the first page.

Originally posted by Stereodude
Why sticky? It pretty much always sits in the top 5 posts and I can't recall it ever falling off the first page.

Hey, it's the principal of the thing.

:rolleyes:

Yeah its the Alhambra in Granada, its a 1000 year old Arabic castle with tons of running water and fountains, its very impressive.

heh, if I have to scroll to see the whole image when im at 1280x1024 i think its a tad large :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back