• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Show off your best pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
boatsweb.jpg


nitecarweb.jpg


What do you guys think (Canon A70)
Drew
 
Just a few pics I took last time I went hiking. These are a few of the better ones I like.

DSC00065.JPG


DSC00070.JPG
 
two shots from today from a bit of a california sunset, have some better shots from my old camera somewhere...

sunset_filtered.jpg


sunset2_filtered.jpg
 
thanks for the kind comments...i was driving the car doing more of a figure 8 than anything else. I was just messing around and it came out pretty cool looking i think. I think it was a 10 or 15 sec exposure too. Anyone here use ACDsee? Are there any tutorials online? I really just want to add borders.
Thanks
Drew
 
Originally posted by Sack Rot
This Reminded me of Zorprime's a little.
[/IMG]http://webpages.charter.net/johnlampo/102_0280.jpg[/IMG]

Pretty nice. :) I like it, and by chance would you have one in 1024x768 or larger?

And another pic of the same tree.

DSC00064.JPG
 
A squirrel at a "Nature Center" in a state park in Indiana (taken with a 90-230mm f/4.5-5.6 zoom at the long end, wide open, so even USM didn't help the extreme softness much):
squirrel-web.jpg


My grandmother (with a 55mm f/1.8 prime - illustrates bad bokeh well; I posted this in the thread covering that topic also):
grandmother-web.jpg
 
Originally posted by PurdueDood
I had just purchased a Vivitar Close-Up contact lens kit and took this shot almost as a joke. When I got the pictures back I was really impressed with the shot.

Body: Minolta Maxxum 7000i
Lens: 50mm 1:7
Film: Kodak Gold ISO 200

Shot Spec: f1.7|1/500th

AmyEyeBall2.jpg


-PD


i like a lot
 
lol i thought this was the show off your BEST PICS! thread? j/k

I like the cartman picture.
 
ZorPrime, IMHO, the water droplets on your flower really transform it from just-another-flower-picture to something much more amazing. I really like it. :)

56K, your... uh... portrait doesn't exactly have a lot of interest to me personally (again in my humble and inexperienced opinion). Perhaps some more dramatic use of lighting, and a little more preparation on the part of your, um, model (perhaps he also should have his eyes open). Using a longer focal length for a tighter head/shoulders crop with more blurred background also could help to improve the picture. Or maybe I just missed the point of the picture entirely (you could have intended for everything to be just as it is).

Oh yeah, this isn't photo.net, I guess we're supposed to be gentler here, huh? Well, sorry if my little discourse above offends. :eek:
 
Originally posted by jliechty
ZorPrime, IMHO, the water droplets on your flower really transform it from just-another-flower-picture to something much more amazing. I really like it. :)


Thanks, it one of the best ones I have IMO.

Oh yeah, this isn't photo.net, I guess we're supposed to be gentler here, huh? Well, sorry if my little discourse above offends. :eek:

Personally I like hearing it... Maybe not here, but personally I would like to take better pics and how else can one without someone being a critic.
 
I'm glad you guys all like my pic :D

I wasn't intending to be artistic with it. I just wanted to show off the quality of the picture.
 
Originally posted by 56k For Life
I'm glad you guys all like my pic :D

I wasn't intending to be artistic with it. I just wanted to show off the quality of the picture.

There IS no quality to that picture...
 
Honestly, and if you want to be textbook about this one 56K, I could have considered the following:

There are many difficulties associated with a straight-on shot like yours, you may want to try another angle, or possibly even a wider angle lens.

What is your ISO setting? Your color saturation seems a bit weak.
If you could manage a ISO 50 or 100 and a tripod, using a remote shutter trigger and a lengthened shutter time. Many small, short focal point lenses do better ad a medium f-stop. f11-16 with the appropriate shutter speed.
Even then I would have over-exposed that pic 2-3rds to 1 full stop over.

-PD
 
Originally posted by 56k For Life
alright I just took this pic a second ago. how'd I do?

painting2.jpg

Good, looks like this trendy coffee place near the college where some fruitcake was hitting on me. Moar wide angle lens or further back though, composure is a little too packed perhaps.
 
Originally posted by 56k For Life
umm k...so I wasted all my money on a 4MP camera for nothing?


Well, at least you saved US from having to say it.
 
hey ChaoStar, since you have an EOS Rebel 2000, and im interested in buying one, i was just wondering is the lens mount metal or plastic? i couldnt find out on the net after searching reviews for about 10-15 minutes.

thank you.

and btw i saw ur updated gallery, good stuff ;)
 
Originally posted by -expl0de-
hey ChaoStar, since you have an EOS Rebel 2000, and im interested in buying one, i was just wondering is the lens mount metal or plastic? i couldnt find out on the net after searching reviews for about 10-15 minutes.
Plastic. The Rebel Ti isn't much more expensive and has a metal mount (and a few other improvements).
 
Stereodude, did you use a wide angle lense or multiple shots for that, it is a sweet picture BTW
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top