ShopBLT's core 2 duo

Wall7486

n00b
Anybody know what happened to their Core 2 Duos? I pre ordered one from them a while back, and today I check back at their site and it is all gone. Various post indicated that their manager were getting upset about the amount of phone calls that they received about the cores. I am guessing they either took it off so people who haven't pre-order yet don't know that they are carrying it, or all pre-order are full already.

I got this email from Shop BLT late yesterday:

Here is some more information just off the Intel News Desk. The release
date by Intel has been moved according to them TODAY now to July 27 and
also you are in good shape compared to most. Because we have all these pre
ordered processors in place and Intel has suspended other pre ordering
until the actual date of release to the public July 27th. That is what we
were told less than an hour ago

That makes me scratch my head even more now, why didn't I get an e-mail like that.

weird, just got a call from blt, said the same thing as the quote above. Only he added that since there is basically a WAR in israel, that his direct order supply may be short. Intel has fabs there and they are in the middle of a war. Said i might have made the cut for an order, would email monday for confirmation one way or another.

That sucks

i was the 9th person to pre-order so i better get one, im glad all the preorders are covered, thats always good to know

Aganerral said:
Intels fabs in Israel aren't producing 65 nm processors

then its bs, i just assumed it was fabs. maybe its just a company issue, or maybe they just wont be able to get processors and made somthing up
:confused:

Conroe, Woodcrest, merom were all designed in Haifa, Israel.

As far as I know, the fab in Kiryat Gat is still 90nm. And the other fab is for microcontrollers.
(this is outdated info on my part, and I am to lazy to look it up.)

The only thing that leaves Israel is the complete waffers. They then go to assembly plants in Puerto Rico, Malayasia...ect.

However, Hezbollah rockets did land in Haifa, though highly unlikely, this might cause some slight changes in Intel schedule.

Got an e-mail from them saying their ETA changed to 8/04 or so, so I should have it in my hands 8/06.. hopefully.

Someone should call and see if they already have them in stock, becuz if they have them in stock they can ship them out on July 27th

Bad idea to call. I'm pretty sure they have received thousands of call in the past week about the availability of Conroe. You'll probably get the same answer as I did last week. He said Intel are shipping these late to the retailers because big OEM like Dell are getting the first dip. The release date might be the 27th, but most retailers will either get a few hundreds, a handful, or none at all. They do claim that people who pre-ordered prior to the removal of preordering on their sites are most likely receiving one before 8/04. I don't want to quote him on that, but I am pretty sure that's he meant. Neverthless, the people on Shopblt sounds sincere, so I don't think they are actually holding them in stock. I mean what good would that do to them? They don't even charge your credit card until it is shipped, so I say give them the benefit of the doubt for the time being.

WTF

ETA: 8/25/06 :eek:

65NM 1066MHZ BOX (ORDERED
AS NEEDED FROM MFG)
MFG #: BX80557E6700

I've been trying to tell everyone that Conroe's are not going to be easy to get ahold of at launch. Retailers are not going to get a huge supply. The OEM's will have their orders filled first and retail channels will get what is left. That may not be nearly enough to meet the kind of demand there is going to be. Some people may have to wait a month or two to get one unless they want to pay a large premium. They are not going to stay in stock and they are not going to be priced at MSRP. Every day i become more glad that i pre-ordered at least 5 E6600's and hopefully they will ship here in the next couple of weeks from BLT if i'm lucky.

burningrave101 said:
I've been trying to tell everyone that Conroe's are not going to be easy to get ahold of at launch. Retailers are not going to get a huge supply. The OEM's will have their orders filled first and retail channels will get what is left. That may not be nearly enough to meet the kind of demand there is going to be. Some people may have to wait a month or two to get one unless they want to pay a large premium. They are not going to stay in stock and they are not going to be priced at MSRP. Every day i become more glad that i pre-ordered at least 5 E6600's and hopefully they will ship here in the next couple of weeks from BLT if i'm lucky.

I tryed to do the same thing, people just don't listen. ITS A NEW PROCESSOR, don't think you are so special that you will get one the week it is released, this isn't an xbox 360, this is a processor that will go into millions of computers.

kvn5000 said:
WTF

ETA: 8/25/06 :eek:

65NM 1066MHZ BOX (ORDERED
AS NEEDED FROM MFG)
MFG #: BX80557E6700

burningrave101 said:
hopefully they will ship here in the next couple of weeks from BLT if i'm lucky.

This was from BLT, unless they have multiple shipments, and you got on a first wave or something, i wouldnt be counting on it. It could come, just dont hold your breath.

This is the email I got today from sBLT , I think its BS, Im 35th in line out of 110 :mad:

The city below in the news for 5 days in a row has been under attack and is
where Intel business base for their two, 2 billion dollar each chip plants
in Israel. This is not the location of the two plants but their executive
center. Everything is on hold.

UPDATED: 10:01 a.m. EDT, July 17, 2006Make CNN Your Home PageNEW DAY, NEW
ATTACKS

Several suspected Hezbollah rockets hit the northern Israeli city of Haifa

Rockets also hit Sefad and Tiberias, Israel

Lebanese TV says an Israeli plane has been shot down; Israeli security
source denies it

Defense minister says Israel will create a buffer zone in southern Lebanon

Source: cnn.com

Lee, you may not have known that Intel Corp., the world's largest
manufacturers of microprocessors for personal computers, servers and
related computing and communication devices has one of the most impressive
high-tech infrastructures outside of the United States in Israel.

Intel set up two 2 billion dollar operation each there since 2002. Israel
is a key producer of not only Intel technology but much more."

Intel employs thousands in Israel's Jerusalem and Kiryat Gat computer chip
manufacturing plants.

http://www.intel.com/pressroom/kits/manufacturing/manufacturing_qa.htm

A former executive vice president and general manager of the technology and
manufacturing group who is now the head of it all is the for Intel's
technology and manufacturing operations worldwide. Since then, he has been
an authority in Intel's manufacturing operations for chip production in
Israel.

Every thing is on hold it is possible that right now a processor chip may
not be in your immediate future if this war escalates or bombings contiue.

We hope to see better global conditions as you do, I am sure. We will be in
touch only when we have more facts and we know it is not this month or the
beginning of next month.

Anyone who tells you they know they are getting one in a few days or has
one is incorrect or got a beta tester throwaway that is not under warranty.

No funds have been taken from your card account, just an approval obtained
and only when Intel authorizes the release of shipments you will then be
shipped and charged. We also hope the prices will not change which they are
subject to as stated on our an all other sellers web sites.

We have had many other product lines (310) increase in price from the
manufacturers the past few days.

If you cancel your order you can be sure you will be only ending up with an
order somewhere else that arrives months from now. Your order is at least
in place here. This is the first time we have experienced this in 16 years.

Only the Woodcrest began shipping which is a different model. That
announced date was June 26 and you can read it and watch for more
information at the Intel.com web site under press releases. Intel may not
make any formal statements since they are not released to the public yet.

Best Regards,

Harold, Director of Operations

Now how do you people find out what Queue you are at? I still haven't receive any of these e-mails that you people are getting. SKL1 also when did you pre-order it, specific date.

Overall, I don't know if the e-mail is bogous or not. It has some merit behind it, and no other vendors are even shipping out any none x6800 conroe, so they could be correct. At least they e-mailed you and keep you informed. I still have no e-mail updates.

edit* it seems that cost central have cancelled all their pre-orders for their Conroe. Buy.com has also halt their pre-orders. So it looks like it is not just ShopBLT, I guess intel is having problem distributing this product. But, only time will tell.

Wall7486 said:
Now how do you people find out what Queue you are at? I still haven't receive any of these e-mails that you people are getting. SKL1 also when did you pre-order it, specific date.

Overall, I don't know if the e-mail is bogous or not. It has some merit behind it, and no other vendors are even shipping out any none x6800 conroe, so they could be correct. At least they e-mailed you and keep you informed. I still have no e-mail updates.

edit* it seems that cost central have cancelled all their pre-orders for their Conroe. Buy.com has also halt their pre-orders. So it looks like it is not just ShopBLT, I guess intel is having problem distributing this product. But, only time will tell.
I ordered mine on June 18th and I emailed them to find out where I was in the Queue.

This is the 2nd email I got from them today.

In addition to the reply you received earlier, you are in position 35 out
of 110 orders. Thank you for your business and patience.

Ah I see. I assume this is for a E6600 right? I ordered mine on 7/3, if you're 35 then I must be pretty far back =(

Wall7486 said:
Ah I see. I assume this is for a E6600 right? I ordered mine on 7/3, if you're 35 then I must be pretty far back =(
No, I oredered a E6600 first, then I changed the order to a E6700, I think that might have put me further back. This is strange, a couple of weeks ago I called sBLT to find out about my order and talked to the owner, he said there were issues with the 6700, I asked him for more info and he said that he had told me to much already, so I have no clue WTF is going on.

SKL1 said:
No, I oredered a E6600 first, then I changed the order to a E6700, I think that might have put me further back.

Yeah, they would of had to cancel the previous order and whatever date you ordered the E6700 on would be the date in the queue for your order i would say.

SKL1 said:
I ordered mine on June 18th and I emailed them to find out where I was in the Queue.

This is the 2nd email I got from them today.

In addition to the reply you received earlier, you are in position 35 out
of 110 orders. Thank you for your business and patience.

I e-mailed BLT and got this response about my current queue in the pre-order line. I ordered 5 E6600's on June 23rd.

Hi Stephen,

You are in position 21 out of 192. The current ETA is 8/4. ETA's aren't
guaranteed shipping dates and are subject to change by the manufacturer.
Thank you for your business and patience.

Best Regards,
David Durel

Bottom Line Telecommunications
http://www.shopblt.com/
[email protected]
Voice / FAX: (860) 295-0142
Monday - Thursday, 9:00 - 5:00 Eastern Time

I'm curious in why they relisted the cores again. I guess intel gave them the green to go.

$320 is a darn good price...if it's actually in stock before September :(.

I doubt the price is final. Our pre-orders arent charged yet. So when it is shipped I suspect it will be back to the 330-340 mark. This is a good sign as it seems that they might be having stock by the ETA, since they list the cores again.

Wall7486 said:
I doubt the price is final. Our pre-orders arent charged yet. So when it is shipped I suspect it will be back to the 330-340 mark. This is a good sign as it seems that they might be having stock by the ETA, since they list the cores again.

Don't they have you locked in at the price you pre-ordered at? If not, what keeps them from charging you $400 when they actually ship?

True I did receieve a purchase order, my bad i wasn't thinking straight. I don't know how it'll go, if that's the case then a lot of people will cancel the order and re-order. Hmm temptingg...

Don't worry about all this Israel stuff. I work at an "enthusiast computer chain" (I won't mention the name because most message boards don't like advertising), and emailed my buyer on this. His response was that all of our chips are coming from Malaysia. He said the 6300/6400 will be in stock on launch no worries, good supplies. He was unsure on the 6600/6700/6800. I need to buy him lunch or something because my 6600 comes to me tomarrow :) There will be benchies up sometime this week (probably will continue from Wednesday - Saturday) on nvnews. I am having Jakup (of E3 Tim Sweeney Interview fame) do the benchies, cause I'm lazy...Sorry that was a bit off topic, but again, don't worry about all this Israel stuff...

Have a pre-order through Tankguys at 350 + 15 shipping (sadface) but i just bit on the BLT price and have an order in at 320 + 7 shipping. I'll take both and make a 2nd machine for something, I'm sure I can find a reason to build a 2nd comp. :D

Gun_Strife said:
i just put in an order at $320, came to $330 after shipping, we'll see what happens

Guess what, your order just got cancelled. I just got an e-mail saying it was a pricing error last night. Price is back up to $343.97 now.

Didn't get cancelled, they're just letting me know the price is higher and i ok'd it anyways. ;D

Hi Sean,

You are in position 10 out of 194. The current ETA is 8/4. ETA's aren't
guaranteed shipping dates and are subject to change by the manufacturer.
We don't have any additional more delivery information at this time, and
can't answer your remaining questions.

Thank you for your business and patience. Both are greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,
David Durel

I asked them how many they were getting for their first shipment, and he wouldn't tell me that. Along with if they had them in stock and were waiting until the 27th to ship them out.

They keep resetting the number pre-ordered in their real-time availability checker. Its back to zero now.

Back