SFF Case for mini-ITX GPU/MB

For those who had their case shipped today, when did you place your order for the Osmi?

In my case, June 19th

edit : but I didn't get the game code yet

Thanks! I thought you had left!

I'm probably in the next batch–– post some pictures of your build when you've got your case, I'll check the french forum :)

Ordered mine on July 2. Didn't get a shipping email, so hopefully be in the next batch. I also didn't get a game code. Not a big deal as I already own the game. But just saying.

I'm gonna go with none have been sent out yet. Makes me feel like I still have a shot at the first batch.

UPDATE

So, after all the delays and problems, first Osmis are going to be shipped today. I cannot tell you the names, but first customers are from USA, Sweden, France, The Netherlands and Switzerland. :)

Exciting news indeed!

In other news, my custom blue and white PCIe cable came in as well as my slimline SATA to SATA adapter.

Just need the case now! :D

I got mail from parcel2go and then UPS (same UPS tracking number).
The case is currently at my caretaker's :D.
So building and pics tomorrow !!

I got an email from parcel2go. No email from hgcomputers, but I can only assume I must be in the first batch then. I'm not expecting any other deliveries, so I'm getting rather excited now. Email said it will arrive before the 12th. I'll post pics if it truely is a case.

let me first congratulate gtek for making this happen!! im so hyped!

case arrived and it looks awesome! :)

things i noticed while glancing through
-packaged securely in the box
-the finish is perfect! white coating looks so good.
-feels a lot heavier than i imaged, coming from the m1.
-hex screws is a awesome touch, just keep in mind to have a hexscrewdriver at the ready
-seems ssd and slim optic have to be mounted to the included tape strips (which are dampening tape)
-1 of the 4 screws on the back is longer than the rest. it is supposed to be longer as i further inspected. just don't lose it because i don't see another one in the included acessoires
-seems the whole case has hexscrews, i see no rivets which i find very nice

now i have to wait for my parts to arrive

some pictures i took
http://imgur.com/a/yZRzp

let me first congratulate gtek for making this happen!! im so hyped!

case arrived and it looks awesome! :)

things i noticed while glancing through
-packaged securely in the box
-the finish is perfect! white coating looks so good.
-feels a lot heavier than i imaged, coming from the m1.
-hex screws is a awesome touch, just keep in mind to have a hexscrewdriver at the ready
-seems ssd and slim optic have to be mounted to the included tape strips (which are dampening tape)
-1 of the 4 screws on the back is longer than the rest. it is supposed to be longer as i further inspected. just don't lose it because i don't see another one in the included acessoires
-seems the whole case has hexscrews, i see no rivets which i find very nice

now i have to wait for my parts to arrive

some pictures i took
http://imgur.com/a/yZRzp

Nice! :D

Now, I'm hoping I'd be in wave two... I already have a buyer for my M1 hehe.

Just waiting on the Osmi, and thanks for that note on the hex screwdriver, gotta find mine.

Awesome, looks beautiful.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's builds!

:( well, so much for the first batch. Congrats to lucky ones and please post as many pics as you can :).

1 request if possible. I read earlier about flipping the orientation to have the gpu on top. Yes, the logo will be upside down and u can't use a slim dvd, but can it be done since there's no rivets? Just checking possibilities

I ordered mine on June 12th but haven't gotten an email :(

He posted his yahoo email earlier back in the thread. I found that I got no response using the email form on the HG-computers website, but Peter wrote back quickly from his personal address.

Pictures and review over there in french :
http://forum.hardware.fr/hfr/Hardware/minipc/boitier-compact-compatible-sujet_981823_1.htm

I might translate it later but don't have time right now :)

edit : 2 important points :
I had to bend the bracket of my 970 for it to fit.
Screws provided are too long for PSU, used a few I had left.
Really tight fit but I'm really happy with the result :)

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Question: Is there a reason you chose to have the power supply fan facing inwards? In the assembly gif that Gtek made the fan faces outward.

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Question: Is there a reason you chose to have the power supply fan facing inwards? In the assembly gif that Gtek made the fan faces outward.

I thought it would exaust better this way, didn't remember gtek placed it the other way.
Maybe I'll flip it later :)

I'm a bit worried for those aiming to put a fury nano in the case given the 970 reaches 80-82°C at full.
(proc stays under 60°C so no pb even with a small cooler (silverstone AR05))

I thought it would exaust better this way, didn't remember gtek placed it the other way.
Maybe I'll flip it later :)

It might exhaust better your way! Do you have a sense of whether it would be able to get good in flow with the fan pointing toward the shell?

As far as the R9 Nano, it's got a TDP of 175W vs the 145W of the GTX 970. Coupled with its better cooler, it might be OK in this case... looking forward to hearing what people trying it on the Osmi have to say about it.

clairenet, what temps were you getting with the GTX 970 in your previous case?

It might exhaust better your way! Do you have a sense of whether it would be able to get good in flow with the fan pointing toward the shell?

As far as the R9 Nano, it's got a TDP of 175W vs the 145W of the GTX 970. Coupled with its better cooler, it might be OK in this case... looking forward to hearing what people trying it on the Osmi have to say about it.

clairenet, what temps were you getting with the GTX 970 in your previous case?

75°C or so, so just +5°C with osmi (taht's full load temp)

Thanks so much for the link. I can't see the pictures though. I'm getting circles with a dash in the center. Do I need an account on that site to see them? :confused:

Apprently peple with IE and Edge can't see them, try a different browser ?

Cant see them on IE, Chrome or Firefox

the first one with the prodigy next the box, then nothing. But thanks so much for posting that. Hopefully once the pics are sorted out we can all get a good idea of what we're working with. Thanks Clairenet

PSU orientation.

Osmi is negative pressure setup. 140mm fan is exhausting hot air out trough the top of the case and cold air enters from the bottom and back of the case. PSU fan should indeed face outwards as there is a decent gap between it and the outer shell so it can take air from the bottom of the case and is not interfering with CPU cooler in terms of air flow. But if obviously works the other way as well, as demonstrated by Claire. :)

Last edited:
The ref of my card didn't allow that. Guess it was too thick to work

LD0001763254_2.jpg

So, anyone else finish a build in their Osmi?

Just wanna look through to see if I can plan out my build process in it!

If anyone is fitting a fixed cabled PSU I'd love to see pictures of how cluttered internals look.

Don't want to replace my ST30SF just yet if this case gets another production run.

itshappening.jpg

Interesting that you use double sided tape to mount the SSD and ODD, I was getting flack for that :D
I really like the slide mechanism for the GPU as well, that's pretty clever and simple at the same time!

Back