SFF Case for mini-ITX GPU/MB

Bad news about my second Fury Nano. The coil whine is just as loud as the first card. Guess I'll be returning it as well. Both Sapphire units if anyone cares. Anyways hopefully by the time my Osmi ships you'll have sorted out the ITX GPU fitting issues.

Gtek, what version of 970 did you use that just works?

Clarinet , what version of 970 is your card?

Looking at the Nano bracket I don't think it'll have any issues as there's no protrusion past the bracket.

Gtek has the asus dcu mini in the photos but the gigabyte is suppose to be the exact same size

Well I just lacked something like 1mm, maybe the pci-e slot was not in the exact same spot on my mother board...

Got a tracking alert from ups from "interparcels unlimited". They're bangin these things out! Thanks GTek, can't wait.

Last edited:
IMG_20151013_185043_393_01.jpg

My Osmi arrived today.

Literally just opened it up a few minutes ago. Wanted to give my first initial impression.

It arrived extremely well packaged. Lots of bubble wrap and good foam corners. Gives the feeling that it could arrive in one piece even if postal service threw it around a little.

I like the little touch of writing name and number on the side of the packaging. Its quite nice to know mine is #009. The little things in life :)

Once out of the box, I can honestly say that the pics don't do it justice. Its a beautifully designed case. Build quality appears to be of a really high quality. Looking forward for hardware to start arriving so I can build in it.

Will post my build progress as it develops.

But thanks Gtek for actually making this.

I'm glad it arrived safely and you like it.

...most of the individual customers should receive their Osmi by the end of the week, unless there is delay by UPS.

all white ones from first batch are gone as far as I know, but I'm working on organizing another production run with shipping around end on November - early December. Most of the cases I have left are samples for resellers, for which they paid long time ago (like most of the people here).

I'm glad it arrived safely and you like it.

...most of the individual customers should receive their Osmi by the end of the week, unless there is delay by UPS.

Hi Gtek,

That's excellent! Is there still another batch going out next week? Haven't received an alert from UPS about a package shipment.

Hi Gtek,

That's excellent! Is there still another batch going out next week? Haven't received an alert from UPS about a package shipment.

No not to individual customers anymore.... pm

I got my Osmi yesterday! Transferred my system over to it and fried either my mobo or power supply... :confused: Tried everything I know how to do to isolate the problem. The fans turn on briefly then turn off.

Sadness. Still looks great though! Especially next to the white Xbone controller.

http://imgur.com/a/pk4ON

I got my Osmi yesterday! Transferred my system over to it and fried either my mobo or power supply... :confused: Tried everything I know how to do to isolate the problem. The fans turn on briefly then turn off.

Sadness. Still looks great though! Especially next to the white Xbone controller.

http://imgur.com/a/pk4ON

Oh no, that is terrible news :(. But I experienced this problem with few systems before and I usually got it running again... I assume you've tried to start your system without GPU, with single ram module without wired power button?

Oh no, that is terrible news :(. But I experienced this problem with few systems before and I usually got it running again... I assume you've tried to start your system without GPU, with single ram module without wired power button?

I'll give it another shot when I get home. I tried everything but manually starting the system because I was getting tired and didn't want to take everything out of the case. :p I'll post updates when I know!

Update: using the screwdriver method on the motherboard worked. The system turned on. When I connect the power button the Osmi and use that it doesn't unless I press it to turn it on then hold the button in once more. Is it a bad power connector cable or button?

Update 2: I looked into the power switch and found a diagram of how it should have been wired. It was so simple. :mad: It's up and running now!

Last edited:
Update 2: I looked into the power switch and found a diagram of how it should have been wired. It was so simple. :mad: It's up and running now!

Yeah that was one of the feedbacks I gave to gtek :).
Including a small description of the switch diagram would help.

I wired it as I remembered from older audio projects and thankfully it worked :)

Doesn't the power button have NC, NO, C, + and - markings next to the terminals? (If it doesn't can someone post a picture of the underside?)

- NC: "Normally closed"
- NO: "Normally open"
- C: "Common"

So the correct way would be to wire C and NO to your mainboard, which way around doesn't really matter.

Doesn't the power button have NC, NO, C, + and - markings next to the terminals? (If it doesn't can someone post a picture of the underside?)

- NC: "Normally closed"
- NO: "Normally open"
- C: "Common"

So the correct way would be to wire C and NO to your mainboard, which way around doesn't really matter.

Yeah, that's right. I'm just an idiot.

My case arrived, but how do I change the 140mm fan? Can't figure it out... thanks in advance!

Tried building in my Osmi, and I cannot finish it.

First, I couldn't install my own 140mm fan since long screws (ones that allow you to pass both holes on the fan) were not provided, so I decided to keep the stock fan. Then, the extra VRMs on my Z87i-Deluxe on the top of the board (as well as on my Z87 Maximus Impact) doesn't allow me to install a 3.5" drive (which I decided to let go), then my LP cooler wouldn't fit because of the power switch (decided to stick with stock cooler).

But the last straw was the GPU bracket. If I wanted to fit my Nano in the Osmi, I would have to bend my bracket in order for it to fit like Claire had to do to her 970... I'm not bending a $650 card...

I love the look of this case and the build quality is impeccable! And i want to love this case in it's entirety, but I just can't build in it unfortunately. :(

Tried building in my Osmi, and I cannot finish it.

First, I couldn't install my own 140mm fan since long screws (ones that allow you to pass both holes on the fan) were not provided, so I decided to keep the stock fan. Then, the extra VRMs on my Z87i-Deluxe on the top of the board (as well as on my Z87 Maximus Impact) doesn't allow me to install a 3.5" drive (which I decided to let go), then my LP cooler wouldn't fit because of the power switch (decided to stick with stock cooler).

But the last straw was the GPU bracket. If I wanted to fit my Nano in the Osmi, I would have to bend my bracket in order for it to fit like Claire had to do to her 970... I'm not bending a $650 card...

I love the look of this case and the build quality is impeccable! And i want to love this case in it's entirety, but I just can't build in it unfortunately. :(

did you see the installation guide for GPU brackets on the previous page?

I'm pretty happy with my bent 970 ^^. But I don't intend to ever sell it (will recycle it in the living-room build when I upgrade), and it's clearly not the same price as the nano :/.

I understand it's frustrating :/.
Maybe you could just file the case so it would fit ? (pretty long with hand tools I guess but better than nothing).

Regarding the power switch, I think it's pretty standard, guess you could find a more compact one.

edit : exemple of small push button :
300283119.jpg

Yeah, that's right. I'm just an idiot.

I didn't know that before working with these switches either, you've gotta learn it at some point^^

I'm pretty happy with my bent 970 ^^. But I don't intend to ever sell it (will recycle it in the living-room build when I upgrade), and it's clearly not the same price as the nano :/.

I understand it's frustrating :/.
Maybe you could just file the case so it would fit ? (pretty long with hand tools I guess but better than nothing).

Regarding the power switch, I think it's pretty standard, guess you could find a more compact one.

edit : exemple of small push button :
http://www.stein-dinse.biz/images/product_images/popup_images/300283119.jpg

The bigger concern would be to lose the warranty.

It just struck my mind that a lot of GPUs actually have two regular mounting holes, not just one and this tab. That's a huge compatibility issue.

You could of course just cut a slot in the mounting hole.

Another option would be to drill a new hole for the switch and move it farther away from the mainboard. it looks better in the middle of the case, but you won't see the back anyway and having it closer to the side might make it easier to reach as well.

Hey! Another thing you could consider is just removing the GPU bracket. Usually there are just some screws that hold it in place.

Then the GPU will only be supported by the PCIe slot, not the best idea. You could but some foam tape between the bottom of the case and the GPU, though, that should work a treat.

My Osmi should arrive on Tuesday due to Canada customs holding my package hostage until I paid them and UPS $80.00 to release it.

I'm conflicted now. I wanted to order an XFX Nano and give the coil whine lottary another shot but if the Nano also has bracket issues....

We need a GPU comparability list for the Osmi or a quick case fix. I will also not void a $940 CAD video card warranty.

Comm, please let us know if you and G.tek worked anything out with your Nano.

G.tek, I'm sure you'll fix the GPU compatibility issues with the next batch but us early adopters should get instructions on fixing our early adopter cases if at all possible.

My Osmi should arrive on Tuesday due to Canada customs holding my package hostage until I paid them and UPS $80.00 to release it.

I'm conflicted now. I wanted to order an XFX Nano and give the coil whine lottary another shot but if the Nano also has bracket issues....

We need a GPU comparability list for the Osmi or a quick case fix. I will also not void a $940 CAD video card warranty.

Comm, please let us know if you and G.tek worked anything out with your Nano.

G.tek, I'm sure you'll fix the GPU compatibility issues with the next batch but us early adopters should get instructions on fixing our early adopter cases if at all possible.

Why exactly do you have to pay $80,- ??

I'm working on fix right now. I think I know how to do it, just waiting for feedback from commander...

I suggest using 4 rubber washers which I supplied with Osmi (for HDD) to raise the whole upper part of the case, in order to increase the clearance. The problem is that they are only 1mm thick, which might not be enough. From the picture I got from commander_ is seems like the extra clearance needed for this different bracket design is 1-2mm.

https://imgur.com/a/P2zmy

I suggest using 4 rubber washers which I supplied with Osmi (for HDD) to raise the whole upper part of the case, in order to increase the clearance. The problem is that they are only 1mm thick, which might not be enough. From the picture I got from commander_ is seems like the extra clearance needed for this different bracket design is 1-2mm.

https://imgur.com/a/P2zmy

Back and I tried the washer method, and you're right, not enough clearance... it was so close though.

The file method will indeed work because the card WILL fit in the Osmi no problems. Haven't tested it though, but that little end on that picture I took that Gtek l linked is the only thing stopping the card.

Why exactly do you have to pay $80,- ??

I'm working on fix right now. I think I know how to do it, just waiting for feedback from commander...

$10.00 for customs clearance and $70.00 UPS brokerage fees. UPS and FedEx scam Canadians on a regular basis. Use Canada Post or Purolator if at all possible for future deliveries.

That's great you have a fix planned. Looking forward to it.

Hmm. After looking at the pictures I think a file like you said would be the easiest fix. That or a dremel?

Back