SFF Case for mini-ITX GPU/MB

So, my case arrived recently, I have to say that the design is really beautiful work!

That being said, I'm having the same issue as other with the GPU bracket. I'm using an MSI GTX 760 ITX and it looks like it's about 1-2mm away from fitting.

@Gtek, if I were to file down the case to allow for the GPU bracket to slide in, how far toward the PCIe slot would I need to file?

Just got mine in, its awesome!

biggest thing i noticed so far is how nice and solid it is, good thick metal and not flimsy like every other case.

I agree with what others have said though, we could use some instructions on a few things - power button, and what tools are needed... right now i can't get into mine because I dont have a small enough Torx or allen or whatever bit attaches the outer shell (but i'm glad to see that vs a cheap philips screw!).

Gtek, do you want to start a separate OSMI thread? could post that assembly info on the first page along with ordering info, compatible coolers, etc. Easier to find. And it might be good to still have this as a separate thread on SFF cases w/ITX gpus (if there ever are any as good as this... doubtful ;)). If you want, i'd be glad to start the thread and organize some info.

Great work Gtek, well worth the wait. I'll be posting my own build pics in a few weeks, still deciding on parts.

Just got mine in, its awesome!

biggest thing i noticed so far is how nice and solid it is, good thick metal and not flimsy like every other case.

I agree with what others have said though, we could use some instructions on a few things - power button, and what tools are needed... right now i can't get into mine because I dont have a small enough Torx or allen or whatever bit attaches the outer shell (but i'm glad to see that vs a cheap philips screw!).

Gtek, do you want to start a separate OSMI thread? could post that assembly info on the first page along with ordering info, compatible coolers, etc. Easier to find. And it might be good to still have this as a separate thread on SFF cases w/ITX gpus (if there ever are any as good as this... doubtful ;)). If you want, i'd be glad to start the thread and organize some info.

Great work Gtek, well worth the wait. I'll be posting my own build pics in a few weeks, still deciding on parts.

Hi, sure, feel free to start new thread if you like. Thanks.

Shes finally here! Thanks Gtek :D

I started a thread on overclock.net. Not a build log, just a q&a.

I got my answer about an AIO. Not impossible, but not practical. Mine didnt have a number also :( I was gonna incorporate it into the name of the build.

You would need to remove 2x10mm section. Funny (not) that card on the picture is GTX760 ITX as well, but from Asus and it fits no problem...

https://imgur.com/z34QHZ8

Gtek, what temperatures are you getting with the GTX 760 ITX? Running Unigine Valley benchmark I'm in the mid-90's. If I pull back the power delivered to the card to 60% then I'm at about 84 degrees which is more acceptable. The GTX 760 is a 170W card, so maybe too much power for this case?

Anyone try a Fury Nano yet? This card also has the same TDP of the GTX 760.

My case arrived today. It looks awesome and I'm really happy with the size. Not sure what to do with the power button but I'll figure it out. Just ordered an SFX 500-L and an XFX R9 Nano which hopefully won't suffer from the dreadful coil whine the Sapphire units did. Will update thread on temps once the parts arrive!

I now have my ODD wired and running (was lacking the slim SATA adapter when I made my build).
Pretty tight space for cable management now but everything fit !

Gtek, what temperatures are you getting with the GTX 760 ITX? Running Unigine Valley benchmark I'm in the mid-90's. If I pull back the power delivered to the card to 60% then I'm at about 84 degrees which is more acceptable. The GTX 760 is a 170W card, so maybe too much power for this case?

Anyone try a Fury Nano yet? This card also has the same TDP of the GTX 760.

I ran it with 3DMark and as far as I can remember it peaked 90?. That was in AUTO, so that's what the cards allowed. It was lower in real-life tasks like gaming, etc.

Then it comes to numbers I only numbered first 10 white cases. But if you PM mu your name and Order #, I can look into shipping order and give you your number :)

This case would be god dammed sexy to watercool. I think I'll buy one and make a long term project out of it.

This case would be god dammed sexy to watercool. I think I'll buy one and make a long term project out of it.

I don't want to say too much at this point, but if you are patient enough, you might see a bit bigger brother of Osmi for watercooling, maybe before the end of the year ;)

I don't want to say too much at this point, but if you are patient enough, you might see a bit bigger brother of Osmi for watercooling, maybe before the end of the year ;)

Ha. Just purchased one right before I read this.

The hard question: 970 or nano. :)

Ha. Just purchased one right before I read this.

The hard question: 970 or nano. :)

970 will reach 80 celsius degrees as peek temperature on full load (well my gigabyte one does, it stays most of the time around 70-75 while gaming (highest quality settings, full hd)).
People building with nano should complete their build soon. If I were you, i would wait for their feedback !

Don't play with my emotions like this. I need a matx for my main rig and has to be warercooled. If this is happening...TAKE MY MONEY!

In one year or two I might give my present build to my husband and try a water-cooled build :D.
I hope it happens !!

12L? Will increasing the height add so much to the volume?

Great pictures, btw, hollywood and Madpacket.

I have to say, I love that hex screws are used here, they are just so much nicer looking than phillips ones.
Interesting that so many people don't have an allen key, though. Makes me think whether it would be a good idea to include one like IKEA always does.

I have to say, I love that hex screws are used here, they are just so much nicer looking than phillips ones.
Interesting that so many people don't have an allen key, though. Makes me think whether it would be a good idea to include one like IKEA always does.

I have to say having built in it that this case is REALLY tight. I think even adding tubing for water cooling would necessitate an increase in volume. But 12L? Think we could get it smaller than that? ;) I think the Ncase M1 is around 12L.

I will admit they do look much cleaner than phillips head screws. They lie flush with the frame which is necessary for the shell to fit.

Increasing height would be enough for AIO, but full (pcu+gpu) watercooling requires complete redesign and just under 12L is best what I can do, even so, it will be very tight with all the plumbing, pump, reservoir, fittings, radiator, etc... It will be designed for R9 Nano and Fury single slot waterblocks.

I have to say having built in it that this case is REALLY tight. I think even adding tubing for water cooling would necessitate an increase in volume. But 12L? Think we could get it smaller than that? ;) I think the Ncase M1 is around 12L.

12.6 according to their site.

I think if you were to stack two 140mm rads in the top and place a reservoir where the 3.5" HDD normally is, you could get away with the smallest increase of volume, but I don't know how effective stacked radiators actually are.

Alternatively, one at the top and one at the bottom. Should give quite nice airflow, too.

12.6 according to their site.

I think if you were to stack two 140mm rads in the top and place a reservoir where the 3.5" HDD normally is, you could get away with the smallest increase of volume, but I don't know how effective stacked radiators actually are.

Alternatively, one at the top and one at the bottom. Should give quite nice airflow, too.

you would be better off with one decent 140x45 full copper radiator. The problem is that radiator like this is 180+ mm long, so it wont fit Osmi footprint. Replacing HDD with pump/reservoir combo, will physically fit it, but practically, if you consider cabling and tubing/fittings, it would be close to impossible to build, even with tightest bends with plastic tubing. Osmi as it is even without water stuff is real challenge to build. But even if you by some magic managed to squeeze everything in it would probably look rubbish. Lets be honest, watercooling is always a bit of a show off and you want it to look good. That's why I scrapped the idea of adjusting Osmi design, and start from scratch instead. It will still look similar in terms of proportions, but it will be specifically designed for watercooling. And a little spoiler... Shell will be semi-transparent, so you will get to see watercooling goodies inside :) (spoiler 2, white chassis with light blue tinted shell and matte black chassis with light black tinted shell).

You might want to make an Osmi thread? It'd be nice if this thread had more detailed info at the front of it, or perhaps the website would make sense. Looking for power supply sizes... will SFX-L fit, like this guy?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256116

i ordered that supply. Along with a Cryorig C1. ill definitely let you guys know how that goes. Since ITX boards all have different cpu positions, it would be nice to have 1 thread with an Osmi compatibility chart.

as for cooler I always recommended Noctua NH-l9i, as it should work with most of the cpu socket positions. It's also sufficient cooling solution in my opinion as I did all stress testing with Intel stock coolers.
There are so many itx boards out there these days and so many coolers, that making complete compatability chart would be really hard for me (cost and time)...

I also cannot recommend SFX-L as I designed Osmi for standard SFX PSUs, and never tried fitting one in my self. Saying that, few people successfully used it in their builds.

EDIT:

I have to stress, that Osmi is extremely small case, and I recommend playing safe and using smallest components you can. This is what we tell B2B customers. If you like to try other (bigger) solutions like SFX-L PSU, or C1, feel free, but be aware that you might run into problems.

Last edited:
as for cooler I always recommended Noctua NH-l9i, as it should work with most of the cpu socket positions. It's also sufficient cooling solution in my opinion as I did all stress testing with Intel stock coolers.
There are so many itx boards out there these days and so many coolers, that making complete compatability chart would be really hard for me (cost and time)...

I also cannot recommend SFX-L as I designed Osmi for standard SFX PSUs, and never tried fitting one in my self. Saying that, few people successfully used it in their builds.

EDIT:

I have to stress, that Osmi is extremely small case, and I recommend playing safe and using smallest components you can. This is what we tell B2B customers. If you like to try other (bigger) solutions like SFX-L PSU, or C1, feel free, but be aware that you might run into problems.

I understand. I didn't choose a CPU cooler yet nor a GPU until I install what I have and check out clearances.... also need to hunt down a ODD.

Could always start a google doc that anyone can modify like the ncase has. The community adds to it and it's use at your own risk. :)

Anywho this is what I ordered:

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop

Silverstone PP05-E 0.98 ft. Flat Flexible Short Cable Set for SilverStone Modular PSUs

Intel Core i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 3.5 GHz LGA 1150 BX80646I54690K Desktop Processor

MSI Z97I AC LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard

SILVERSTONE SX500-LG 500W SFX-L 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Intel 730 Series 2.5" 240GB SATA 6Gb/s MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) SSDSC2BP240G4R5

Pretty excited for this little bugger!

Last edited:
Back