SFF Case for mini-ITX GPU/MB

You can always register to the thread I linked in my last reply. If you need me to translate something, just ask there.

But given the accusations here I have no will or time to defend/justify myself. All I did was share information.
I could printscreen the 2 emails I received but people could still say I made then up, so I'd rather just stop participating since i'm a 3 months old newbie ;).

Yeah I'll register and follow your thread over there! Sorry to see you get attacked like this here. No reason to print out the gmail screenshots.

---

For those here, hg-computers has some other models they've sold in the past, like the Tenius. Has anyone ever seen one of these in the wild?

I'm sorry about being so straight forward, it wasn't right to accuse you of lying. I know to little about the circumstances to make any kind of judgement.

No, I wouldn't want you to post screenshots of the mails either, that wouldn't help in any way and demanding something like that would be stupid.

About the Tenius, it seems to be sold by a french online store for Home Theater Equipment as well, but that seems to be it.

The thing is that I discovered the OSMI reading the French forum and then came here. Clairenet is a trusted fellow of hardware.fr, so I don't really think he made all this thing.
Anyway, the communication with HG Computers is freaking bad.
I'm still waiting for the first of these nice cases to be released : Osmi, Dan4SFX or Sentry

Yeah I'll register and follow your thread over there! Sorry to see you get attacked like this here. No reason to print out the gmail screenshots.

---

For those here, hg-computers has some other models they've sold in the past, like the Tenius. Has anyone ever seen one of these in the wild?

After searching for a bit, I cannot find any pictures of the Tenius other than ones that have been hosted on the HG site, and I cannot any in the wild.

Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, dunno.

EDIT: I did find pictures of the Osmi and Tenius at an expo.

Last edited:
I really want an OSMI without an ODD and 3.5" drive bay (a waste of space IMO in today's world of SSD's).

ITX-GPU, ITX-motherboard and good cooling. Is that too much to ask for?

OSMI BE REAL PLEASE! I WANT TO BELIEVE!

I agree, that case design is neat, but I don't think the design is as pretty as the Osmi. However, the airflow is probably better because the CPU heatsink isn't crammed up against the PSU.

Does the gigabyte board have usb 3.1 gen 2?

EDIT: sorry, I intended this question for another thread.

Last edited:
Does the gigabyte board have usb 3.1 gen 2?

Which gigabyte board? The one for sale with the Osmi uses the Z97 chipset which does not have USB 3.1 gen 2. The latest gigabyte boards (using the Z170N chipset) do have USB 3.1 Gen 2.

EDIT: I did find pictures of the Osmi and Tenius at an expo.

Ah that's reassuring. I really hope Gtek is alive and well at this point.

@rude

The OSMI doesn't really "waste" space with the 3.5" drive and ODD slot, though. The ODD has space behind the mobo tray if the corners are rounded this much. Same goes for the 3.5" drive.
I think its rather neat that it offers these legacy features in such a small package that some people may dearly want. It's not like you could save that much space by not including them, especially when you think about the dimensions of the fan in the top.

The OSMI doesn't really "waste" space with the 3.5" drive and ODD slot, though. The ODD has space behind the mobo tray if the corners are rounded this much. Same goes for the 3.5" drive.
I think its rather neat that it offers these legacy features in such a small package that some people may dearly want. It's not like you could save that much space by not including them, especially when you think about the dimensions of the fan in the top.

I understand what you are saying, I'm just wondering what possibilities there are when these legacy items are discarded. For instance, you save 0.6l in the example I posted above and that is a mean-lean-machine that is an awesome use of space and will have excellent cooling vs. the OSMI which has the PSU exhausting into the case.

Hi all,

I got a reply from HG-Computers! Told them to come and clear up any misunderstandings on the hardofurm link. Let;s hope they come and reply to all parties involved!

I understand what you are saying, I'm just wondering what possibilities there are when these legacy items are discarded. For instance, you save 0.6l in the example I posted above and that is a mean-lean-machine that is an awesome use of space and will have excellent cooling vs. the OSMI which has the PSU exhausting into the case.

Since when does the PSU exhaust into the Osmi? The fan on those SFX-L PSUs always is an intake fan, so it takes in air from inside the case and exhausts it through the back.

Guys,

sorry for not replying to above posts, but I'm just terribly busy these days.

Manufacturer is a little bit behind the schedule, but Osmi cases are being manufactured just now, both black and white version. So I believe we'll start shipping first units shortly.
To anybody who is not willing to wait anymore, we are of course ready to issue full refund. Just contact us via e-mial. Or if you wish to get in touch with me directly use: [email protected].

Peter | Gtek

... also, all pictures are real, not renders.

What concerns me a lot is that many of you state that they e-mailed HG multiple times but never received any reply? Did you use sales@ and info@ addresses? I don't check them anymore I only use peterhusar@, but if you did, there must be some technical issue with our e-mail host or I need to speak to people responsible for handling these email accounts...
Either way feel free to contact me directly with any questions (via email).

To give you some more detail about manufacturing... our current manufacturer is company called Phoenix Precision. ( http://www.phoenixprecision.com/ ). The production prototype you could see, was from them as well. They laser cut, drill, tap, bend, fold and powder coat all parts of the case. We then assemble them (including system fan and power button) to final product, package and ship to you.

Some of the reasons behind all the delays:

1) collecting orders
2) production prototype sample - I build multiple prototypes my self, but this one has to be produced by manufacturer him self, for production approval. This takes around 4 weeks alone.
3) corrections of prototype sample - another few weeks to correct small problems with first sample.
4) manufacturing - 3-4 weeks minimum + assembly and packaging.
5) Some sales and manufacturing moving to Germany, to make production cheaper and faster in future - currently in progress and takes a lot of our time and energy.

Peter | Gtek

oh thank god this is still maybe a goer! ill be considering placing an order i think!

What do you mean "maybe" :). No, the only thing I can see could potentially go wrong at this point is that parts will arrive from manufacturer and will not fit together... But I had several meetings with them, they have all critical components like motherboard, etc. to make sure it all fits... so it should be all good. Packaging is ready as well.

Oh thank god you're still alive! Good to know that everything is still moving forward, the website seems to be back online as well.

Could we maybe get an official statement regarding the fake review quotes for the Tenuis and Osmi?

Oh thank god you're still alive! Good to know that everything is still moving forward, the website seems to be back online as well.

Could we maybe get an official statement regarding the fake review quotes for the Tenuis and Osmi?

I cannot make a statement regarding this at the moment as I didn't put them there. I sent few early prototypes to Germany, and they might send them out as a preview to some people. I'm not sure, I focus on more important things to be honest. But I will investigate.

Ok, it was a test content which should have been removed. It will be removed now.

here is my private e-mail as well, just in case out HG individual and group emails end up in spam or something.

[email protected] - I check this one all the time and I'm sure it works.

Yes, I noticed I've been called a scam. :)
But it's understandable... we are missing deadline after deadline after deadline, communication is poor, and people (individuals and resellers) paid money and want to their cases.
I'm perfectly aware of all this, and trust me, I'm more frustrated than any of you... and I'm actually surprised (in a good way) that we only had one refund request so far.

All I can say really is that we are close, so hold on!

There we go!

Everything worked out in the end, and now I can buy my Nano tomorrow.

Nice! :D

Thanks for the email reply and thanks for the update Gtek!

I'll be slowly purchasing parts for my Osmi now.

This is great news that the project is still progressing! A question on case color–– the online store didn't make it clear which color we were ordering. Are both shells included? Or, should we send a follow up message about which shell we want?

This is great news that the project is still progressing! A question on case color–– the online store didn't make it clear which color we were ordering. Are both shells included? Or, should we send a follow up message about which shell we want?

We ordered both colours from manufacturer and more units than we had orders to make sure we'll have some in stock. Once cases are ready for shipping I will contact every customer to confirm colour preference and shipping address.

yeah great news.

not sure it was clear to everyone that when we were ordering, it was still at a very early prototype phase... the estimated ship time in my mind was always late August/early September (can't remember where i read it, on this thread or the hg store) and theres always delays :)

I would have hopped in here earlier to make that point but i've been busy... stopped in today because i noticed it was already September and might be some Osmi news by now.

We ordered both colours from manufacturer and more units than we had orders to make sure we'll have some in stock. Once cases are ready for shipping I will contact every customer to confirm colour preference and shipping address.

Okay great! Looking forward to hearing more. :)

yeah great news.

not sure it was clear to everyone that when we were ordering, it was still at a very early prototype phase... the estimated ship time in my mind was always late August/early September (can't remember where i read it, on this thread or the hg store) and theres always delays :)

I would have hopped in here earlier to make that point but i've been busy... stopped in today because i noticed it was already September and might be some Osmi news by now.

I guess the august/september estimated ship time was on me. I said the cases should be sent the first week of september since I received this information by email from hg-computers and thought it might interest people to have news.
I recently deleted all of my posts because of the accusations I was facing.

I'm happy to hear from gtek as well.

Nice!

Is there plans to sell the shells separate from the case? Like could I purchase a black shell if I want a white shell on my case if there are spares left?

Also, I can't decide what cooler to get to go with the Osmi now...

The Noctua L9x65 or the CRYORIG C7?

The Noctua looks like the better choice (bigger heatsink), but the C7's recommended TDP is 100W, while the Noctua's site says that Haswell chips at 88W has to have good ventilation and Intel Turbo Mode disabled.

The Noctua is also $55 while the C7 is $30.

Which to choose...

Noctua is usually conservative. Other companies typically have exaggerated claims. Take that for what you will. I'd like the C7 to break that mold.. we'll see.

how many cases are available to order? trying to get a timeframe for 'sold out' as i cant order one in the next couple of months but can at a later date.

any info would be appreciated!

Yes, the last deadline was end of August, so we are well behind that. I spoke to manufacturer yesterday afternoon and they are saying parts will be ready on Wednesday next week, which is disappointing as I hoped to have them by the end of this week...

*commander_

No plans to sell shells separately at the moment as I ordered 1 shell for 1 chassis. But we might do that later down the road.
Alternatively, you can get it repainted or re-powder coated locally.

We recommend Noctua NH-L9i, but I did all stress testing with stock Intel cooler, so most aftermarket coolers should be better.

*callumbolch

I ordered extra 20 cases on the top of the orders we already had, so there's still a couple available...
Once we send out all the cases from first batch and customer feedback is positive, we will order another batch. It might be from new manufacturer. So if you're planning to buy Osmi before xmas, there should be plenty available.

Just finished purchasing a R9 Nano!

That can overclock hard!

Just under the Fury X when pushed to 1070MHz!

Ohoho... can't wait to put in it the Osmi! :D

Does anyone know if the Silverstone SFX-L PSU will fit in this case? I just stumbled upon this thread and I want to buy one now :eek:

Back