SFF Case for mini-ITX GPU/MB

Is the website going to be up again anytime soon? No one wants the sale of the case to be halted right now just because the site is down. The sooner it's up, the sooner we can get our cases. :D

The Q11 doesn't have intakes on the bottom, though, right?

No, only on the sides. Do those cases? Couldnt tell from the pics, but even if they do it will be impeded by the hdd mount on the bottom and the drives themselves that will also generate heat right under the gpu.

The GPU in my Q11 gets ridiculously hot. In fact I think an old MSI mini760 died due to the poor air flow down there. Some of the fan blades actually looked sort of melted. I now no longer try to lower the case fan speed for quietness, so it's a fairly loud case now.

Someone on here did a case mod where they cut a hole in the bottom and stuck a fan down there and put the HDD's where the optical bay is. Much better design.

The GPU in my Q11 gets ridiculously hot. In fact I think an old MSI mini760 died due to the poor air flow down there. Some of the fan blades actually looked sort of melted. I now no longer try to lower the case fan speed for quietness, so it's a fairly loud case now.

Someone on here did a case mod where they cut a hole in the bottom and stuck a fan down there and put the HDD's where the optical bay is. Much better design.

Here's one.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1620866

I think Jen had the other q11 moded in a similar manner.

That's the one I was thinking of! Good find. That's what inspired me to get the Q11 actually.

I still like looking at it in my living room underneath my TV, it's a nice case. It's just clear to me now that it is not a well designed case for a little gaming rig if you want to minimize noise and heat. If they have not fixed that with the Q20+Q21, and from what I can find on google it still looks like the same layout, then that's unfortunate.

Which reminds me, did anyone mention the Q33 yet? It's about 18 liters, so bigger than the M1 & TU100 by quite a bit. But it is a case designed to fit only short GPU's, has the good minimalist looks of the Q11 (to me anyway) and it fixed the Q11's problem by orienting the MB flat in the middle of the case with the PSU under it, so everything has more room to breathe. One of the few smaller non shoebox cases which seem to be a dime a dozen still.

Is the website going to be up again anytime soon? No one wants the sale of the case to be halted right now just because the site is down. The sooner it's up, the sooner we can get our cases. :D

Should be back on tomorrow.

I ordered the osmi case last week.
Hopefully you can send this fast :)

You're in the same boat as me, ordered it three weeks ago. HG Computers won't ship it until they hit 50 orders and I'd hate to cancel my order anytime soon. :(

Maybe someone should make a separate thread for the OSMI Case, instead of keeping it hidden in this thread? It could really help spread the word about the case...

The Osmi really deserves it's own thread on the board. I only became aware of the case about a month ago as I didn't realize a whole discussion was buried in this thread regards to it.

I was about to start one, but I believe ultimately that decision should lie with Gtek :).

I'll give it another 2 weeks for pre-orders and I will order first production batch of 50 units after that. I will pay for manufacturing my self if needed, so Osmi will happen.

Sorry if this has been discussed already but it's there a way to pre order without bank transfer? Like paypal or something? Please

Sorry if this has been discussed already but it's there a way to pre order without bank transfer? Like paypal or something? Please

I don't know if that helps but I used TransferWise. You can use a credit card this way and fees are low.

I don't know if that helps but I used TransferWise. You can use a credit card this way and fees are low.
Thanks for that. Appreciate. I will try to figure something out just give me another few days i don't wanna miss out on the first batch. Thanks.

Looks like an awesome case. Is there is a list of graphics cards that are the right size? I'd like to know how much it limits my GPU options.

Looks like an awesome case. Is there is a list of graphics cards that are the right size? I'd like to know how much it limits my GPU options.

Any ITX sized GPU really. Asus's ITX GTX 970, 760, MSI's ITX GTX 760, Gigabyte's ITX GTX 970, EVGA's ITX GTX 960, 750, 750Ti, and Sapphire's ITX R9 285 just to name a few.

For questions like this, I like to consult this site. A bit confusing at first, but you can filter GPUs by their length. In this case, 170mm is the maximum. Maybe try 180mm as well, some GPUs were measured a bit differently.

I'll give it another 2 weeks for pre-orders and I will order first production batch of 50 units after that. I will pay for manufacturing my self if needed, so Osmi will happen.

So it's guaranteed that anyone who pre-orders will get their case? And then on top of whatever the pre-order amounts ends up being, you'll also have 50 extra made and ready to go? Just want to make sure I understand this right.

I'm very hyped for this case.

Any ITX sized GPU really. [...] and Sapphire's ITX R9 285 just to name a few.
I wouldn't be so casual in concluding that Sapphire's ITX compact GPUs fit in a 180mm deep double layer aluminum enclosure, when you take their PEG connectors orientation into account (even if you acquire one of those trimmed 6/8pin PCIe cable off ebay):
Sapphire R9 285 2G ITX COMPACT OC

Sapphire R9 380 2G ITX COMPACT

And in case someone is wondering whether the Sapphire GPUs' official 170mm length includes or excludes the bracket tab, it doesn't:
radeon_r285_compact_01.jpg

great news regarding the guarantee of at least 50 cases being made for production - i feel like it gives me a bit of breathing room as i have quite a few pc things going on atm:

-Ncase M1 v4 arrival by the end of the month which will take me some time to get right by the time i remount the G10 kraken bracket once ive modded it for my Asus 970 mini.
- picked up an i7 3820, X79 Sabertooth and dual GTX680 system for $450AUD recently secondhand and am going to be cleaning it all up and fiddling with that.
- Lone Industries L2 rebuild - dead for unknown reasons - rebuild for portable work/study pc for when i start studying part time again.

This sort of leaves the Osmi on the backburner a little as my HTPC is adequate (ill use that word fairly) in a Jonsbo C3 - which is nowhere near the Osmi. ill be ordering an Osmi for sure, but probably not til my tax return comes in.

So it's been two weeks, the OSMI sale should be over. Let's see how the shipping goes. Hopefully, I can get this case in my hands within a week.

Any idea if the R9 Nano will fit in the Osmi case? It uses a single 8pin on the end of the card, as opposed to having it on the top like Asus' Direct CU Mini 970

Any idea if the R9 Nano will fit in the Osmi case? It uses a single 8pin on the end of the card, as opposed to having it on the top like Asus' Direct CU Mini 970

Yes it will fit. it's 6" long, so about 153mm, which gives you enough space for the PEG connector.

Yes it will fit. it's 6" long, so about 153mm, which gives you enough space for the PEG connector.

There's a chance that it might not be 6 inches. The pictures definitely make it seem like it's around the length of 170mm, but some sources (ArsTech, Guru3D, WCCF) are reporting that it's going to be 190mm. Maybe they misinterpreted the info, but I would still wait for reviews and specs before planning a build with an R9 Fury Nano.

Wow, this really took a life of it's own. I'm glad :)

After seeing the Osmi I really do like it and think it's one of the better solutions that meets the criteria I was looking for. Since the SFF PS is 600Watt I think it's fine that it's not an ATX PS since it has plenty of power for the likes of the GTX 970 that I'd use. This would be a great system for me to use out with my telescope or next to the iMac on the second display, or in the garage where my 3D printer is relegated, or next to the living room big screen. This case seems perfect for a setup that I can use around the house as needed. The optical drive option has grown on me since I really do need a blue ray storage option for photos/videos anyways.

So is Osmi available for purchase, and if so where/how?

Unfortunately, the sale for the OSMI case just ended about a week ago. You should contact Gtek if you still want a chance at obtaining the case. He's a staff member at HG-Computers and usually chimes in this thread every now and then for Q&A and reports on the sale.

Did any of you receive confirmation of some kind from hg computer ?
I haven't had a single confirmation, even after the bank transfer and that worries me a bit...

I haven't received a confirmation either. I've been checking my bank account repeatedly just in case, but no changes have been made. This is my first direct bank transfer, so I'm a bit worried.

can the mod rename this thread to indicate osmi case ?

Half this thread is about non-OSMI related things. I think it would be appropriate to make a seperate thread. I would've expected Gtek to make one, but he's been absent from this forum recently.

Did any of you receive confirmation of some kind from hg computer ?
I haven't had a single confirmation, even after the bank transfer and that worries me a bit...

I received an order confirmation. But no confirmation of bank transfer.

Has any one heard anything at all? The contact information on the website is all template samples.

Annnd HG-Computers.eu is down. Again. I'm almost certain there won't be another sale for the OSMI case in the future if this keeps on happening.

MertArm, I don't know why you are spreading this false information. I think you are just really excited about the case (as am I) and are hoping that by posting in these forums it will expedite the process of you getting your case.

No one ever said the sale of the Osmi cases was over. All Gtek said was that in 2 weeks he would be doing a production run of 50 units. This does not mean that as soon as the 2 weeks is over that the sale of the Osmi cases is over. As we can all see, you can still purchase one on the website... What this most likely means is that who ever is manufacturing the cases, had a 50 order minimum to do the production run, or that he has run the numbers and 50 cases is the amount he needs to order to make a profit, while keeping the cases cheap enough for us.

I currently haven't ordered mine because ever since this thread started, Gtek will come in, post something and not reply for minimum 2 weeks, generally takes closer to a month. While I really want this case badly, as it is the only case that has the specs that fits my needs, I wasn't willing to do a bank transfer without more steady communication. If the sale was through credit card, no problems, I would have ordered the second the page went up because if anything goes wrong, my credit card will give me the money back.

I'm not saying Gtek is an untrustworthy person, I'm just saying we aren't getting steady updates on the project. For all we know the project could be dead.

Anywho, Gtek, if you come in here and tell us the production run has been ordered and you give us a date for expected shipping, I will purchase one on stop.

Until then, there's no reason to be speculating on order confirmations or if the website is down, we need an update from Gtek.

I can admit that I am getting a bit flustered with HG Computers, but I'm mostly just anxious about this case. It's my first custom case purchase, and it's from a small company too!

Gtek had said that he was doing pre-orders for the sale of the case. I assumed that by the time the two weeks had passed, the pre-orders would close, and the remaining cases would take place soon after the pre-order period, which is why I told another user a few days ago that he would still have an opportunity to obtain the case (if all 50 weren't pre-ordered) by contacting Gtek. It's not false information, I'm just interpreting Gtek's info in the best way I can. I understand that it might be confusing by referring to the pre-order sale as a "sale" and not providing much context.

I can agree with you that there is a giant risk in getting a direct bank transfer from an almost unheard of company, but I feel that if they want to maintain a positive image, a simple email to their customer or update (via their website) regarding the progress of the cases can help reassure them. There isn't even a single update from their Facebook page besides the post about the first sample arriving, which was back in May. The progress of the first batch might repel potential customers away if a second batch arrives.

We still have to acknowledge the fact that this is HG Computers's first attempt at something different. It seems unlikely that the project could be dead with the amount of time and money placed into getting the production samples, ordering multiple cases to be manufactured, communicating with their customers through forums and social networking (albeit not very successfully). But it could still happen if the correct actions aren't taken by them

I wouldn't want to rush HG Computers (because I can't), and my ranting will do nothing to affect the process of manufacturing, but some reassurance is due soon. I visit and post so often in this thread because I'd like to be on the lookout for updates and discussions regarding the OSMI case.

Also, the website itself seems to be up, but the only thing visible on the front page and products page is the logo of the company and tabs for separate pages.

Progress on the Osmi has been quiet for a long time now. Is the project still alive? I'm itching to build a system in it.

I just received confirmation from hg computers. The cases should be manufactured by the end of august and I should receive mine (in France) in the first week of September \o/.
I'm really looking forward to moving my config into this case :). I'll take pictures of the process and post them here.

Thanks for the update. Thought this was basically done for due to how quiet it got.

anyone willing to sell one if they ordered an extra? I couldnt make the bank transfer happen. ughh and I really want the case. I'll pay extra to whatever price you want. Just make it paypal

Back