SFF Case for mini-ITX GPU/MB

Well, elephant in the room. It's been almost 2 months and we have no response from gtek.

I've got plans for a build coming up, and the only case I've found that's similar to the OSMI case is the Rosewill/Cooltek/Jonsbo Legacy V3+. It's 1.5 L (10.08 L) bigger than the OSMI case, but that's not bad.

If anyone has any suggestions for SFF cases for Mini-ITX GPUs, post them. We can still keep this thread alive.

jonsbo C2 - a bit bigger (~12L i think) but has 3 pcie slots and has ATX psu compatibility, which isnt too bad for that size i think.

That v3 plus looks real nice. I might just get that case and later if i can get my hands on the osmi I'll go with the ole switcharoo.

Hi guys, I have to apologise (again) for all the delays and lack of updates. The current situation with Osmi is as following. I decided not to sell those 10 hand build cases as quality is not great. However I now do have production samples from manufacturer.
You can see few pictures of them here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.511921732296870.1073741834.224496684372711&type=1

So production is now sorted.

The next step is to get 200 pre-orders to start production at reasonable price. There are 2 options how to do that. I can set up 'case only' option in our online shop or go with Kickstarter which charges extra 5%.

yes it is... Just that I will have to add 5% to Osmi price, which I really don't want to do.

On the other hand, what happens if you take pre-orders yourself but only get say 100 orders?

On the other hand, what happens if you take pre-orders yourself but only get say 100 orders?

I can still manufacture, but it will be more expensive obviously and it will return no or very little profit. If I reach only 100 with Kickstarter it will not happen at all...

but yeah, I think Kickstarter ultimately is better option, just more expensive.

ive purchased a Jonsbo C2 for my build in the meantime, however my interest is still there for this case. those production photos look great - im still surprised there is no alternative to the Osmi available given the simple form factor of the case.

additionally are you able to provide information on the max CPU cooler clearance height?

ive purchased a Jonsbo C2 for my build in the meantime, however my interest is still there for this case. those production photos look great - im still surprised there is no alternative to the Osmi available given the simple form factor of the case.

additionally are you able to provide information on the max CPU cooler clearance height?

The distance between CPU heat spreader and PSU is 74mm.

The distance between CPU heat spreader and PSU is 74mm.

amazeballs - this makes the Noctua L12 with a slim fan underneath a viable cooling option. not much in the eway of other coolers bar the L9x65 for Noctua coolers though.

amazeballs - this makes the Noctua L12 with a slim fan underneath a viable cooling option. not much in the eway of other coolers bar the L9x65 for Noctua coolers though.

The L9x65 is great with the Noctua 92x25mm if there's enough wiggle room to fit it.

Even running light 3D rendering it's fairly quiet with my 5930K.

With the introduction of HBM based GPUs, cases of this size will truly take off.

http://cdn.overclock.net/0/0b/0b897652_112a.jpeg

Can't wait to see the dimensions for the R9 390X. It looks like it's more than 170mm (180-200mm?), so we might not see it in this case anytime soon. Maybe the R9 380X might fit, assuming it isn't a rebranded card and uses an HBM chip.

Here's to hoping that it's 170mm and the cooling isn't crap. :p

7cec406cfa52d80f465a28ac4a672459.gif

little .gif so you can better see internal arrangement of components. (no cables)

Man I really want this case, but I refuse to use kickstarter. Let me know via reply or PM how much I'd need to lay down to get on the list.

Can I ask why do you refuse to use Kickstarter? Just for my information...

I'd rather pay you 10% extra then them a single dime. I find the staff and owners rather scummy, and a lot of con artists given carte blanche (the 3D printer section alone!). The politics could be ignored if it was a secure platform, but it's not for the backer. I know it's got the publicity factor, but this is a niche item for a very specific buyer (only a handful of components will fit) and I question how much RoI you would really expect from going through them to begin with.

Personally I love the design for the ultimate minimalism. I'm not looking to buy more than one anyway though so I understand if you can't cater to my refusal to use a particular platform.

I don't think it its niche item and if it is (as case only) it has potential not to be...

But anyway, I'm adding ''case only'' option to shop just now. But I still wont be able to order production run unless I can collect at least 50 orders. So ETA will be set for July. No kickstarter. Let see how it goes...

Caveat Emptor. I've done 77 Kickstarter projects over the past 3 years, mostly $10-$15 for comic books and stuff but several big things as well. Delays galore, oh the delays, but that's to be expected with inexperienced entrepreneurs. I've only had one of those just flake out so far. Even then I actually got my reward, but many did not, apparently they overpromised and ran out of funds for shipping and bailed.

Hey Gtek, glad to see that the case is up on HG-computers. The cost of the case (yesterday), at 99 Pounds Sterling, seemed fair, but I noticed the jump to 115 Pounds today. Let's hope that the price doesn't go up any further, a headsup in the future would be nice.

I have a quick question that I wanted to ask. You listed a 140mm BeQuiet! fan included with the case, but can you tell us what the model of the fan is? Is it a PWM fan?

Hey, is the stand at the bottom of the case removable?

The stand at the bottom is used to allow the components to intake air from the bottom, especially the GPU. I know this doesn't answer your question, but if I were you, I wouldn't remove the stand even if it was possible.

The stand at the bottom is used to allow the components to intake air from the bottom, especially the GPU. I know this doesn't answer your question, but if I were you, I wouldn't remove the stand even if it was possible.

Unless you know how the stand supports the case on its bottom panel, some people may prefer to have four feet located at the corners to have less obstructed air intake to the fan of the GPU of his/her choice, larger clearance, or better weight balance (or at least peace of mind by believing so.)

Hey Gtek, glad to see that the case is up on HG-computers. The cost of the case (yesterday), at 99 Pounds Sterling, seemed fair, but I noticed the jump to 115 Pounds today. Let's hope that the price doesn't go up any further, a headsup in the future would be nice.

Yes price went up from 99 to 115 but it now includes free shipping...

Hey, is the stand at the bottom of the case removable?

Yes, whole case is assembled using screws... so bottom stand as well as most other bits are removable. But as others correctly noticed, the gap created by the stand is absolutely crucial for cooling.

I don't think it its niche item and if it is (as case only) it has potential not to be...

But anyway, I'm adding ''case only'' option to shop just now. But I still wont be able to order production run unless I can collect at least 50 orders. So ETA will be set for July. No kickstarter. Let see how it goes...

ill be putting an order down come tax time! ill definitely be ordering itll just be a little later. im a wee bit poor until i get some extra cashflow (might have to pick up some oscar tango at work)....mortgages always ruin new toys.

from the looks of it the evga 960 should fit? 173mm with the extra 3mm being located towards the centre of the card height - where the somi has a gap in it.

the gif is great but it would be great to see some nice hi-res photos of a build in the case!

edit - also great work on free shipping - thats a big win for me with purchasing from Aus

Yes, whole case is assembled using screws... so bottom stand as well as most other bits are removable. But as others correctly noticed, the gap created by the stand is absolutely crucial for cooling.

Thank you for the clarification. I figured the gap to be important to cooling, I was just wondering how easy it would be to put feet on it. Given that the stand is removable, the addition of feet should not be too difficult.

Thank you for the clarification. I figured the gap to be important to cooling, I was just wondering how easy it would be to put feet on it. Given that the stand is removable, the addition of feet should not be too difficult.

Is there a particular reason why you prefer feet over a stand like this? I personally love stands like these that let the case look like it floats, and I'm playing around with a design like that for my case, so it would be pretty interesting to know that.

Lian Li PC-Q20 (W149 x H235 x D205mm, 1 PCI slot) and PC-Q21 (W149 x H257 x D224mm, 2 PCI slots) at COMPUTEX 2015

Finally a 2 slot update of Q02 but the overall size increased by 25%, now bigger than Osmi. Wishing some manufacturer to realize theGryphon's 6.5L case with brushed aluminum.

Last edited:
[...]
Finally a 2 slot update of Q02 but the overall size increased by 25%, now bigger than Osmi. Wishing some manufacturer to realize theGryphon's 6.5L case with brushed aluminum.

Ah it's a shame they're so large, I was really hoping for them to keep the size down.

Are you talking about Greyling?

The website seems to be down.

How are the order goings?

I would like to purchase the case, but I want to wait a little while.

Gpu orientation on those will give you a toasty gpu. Source, owner of a Q11 with an r9-270. Moving to an sg05 reduced gpu load Temps 15c.

Back