SFF Case for mini-ITX GPU/MB

Lian Li decided to make a revision to Q02-Lite and added a PCI bracket hole, too bad they didn't bother shifting the motherboard location upward to make two PCI bracket holes instead.
20150311_99_1024x768g.jpg

20150311_99_1024x768b.jpg

That case has no ventilation at the bottom whatsoever, I wouldn't want to put a GPU in there anyway.

If they changed that and put the drive mounts at the top, that case could be a viable option.

If anyone really wants to stick a GPU card in this, they can easily cut out a hole on the bottom, that's not the real issue with this particular case from an enthusiast's pov. The real issue is the exact location of the PCIe slots relative to the case.

hi guys, I got parts for 10x Osmi from laser cutter last week. I hope to assemble them and prep. for powder coating this week. I'm forced to build them my self just now, until we have bigger production sorted out....

hi Gtek, great, will these be for sale or for prototyping etc? I'm still interested in distributing these in the US once you have everything figured out

I tried to send you a PM. I don't know if it went through or not. I have been following this thread for a while. Are you planning on selling any of these cases? I want one badly and am willing to give you a deposit for one today.

They will be for sale yes. I will get back to you once I have them ready for shipping...

I'd like to get one too!

Though I did notice your site says it's "180 x 180 x 250 cm" under Additional Information... lol...wa?

im extremely interested in an Osmi - this case looks fantastic and just the sort of HTPC upgrade case i was looking for to replace my Lone Industries L2 project (which is going to become my portable work PC) - will quite happily pay up to 200AUD if i can get hold of one - shipping to Australia is a killer - but was doable from Taiwan for my Ncase M1.

also Gtek - if the Osmi is available for case only purchase would you be able to provide a few compatibility specs? e.g. max cpu cooler clearance, max gpu length, psy max length (with/out hdd insitu).

would be appreciated - im getting way too excited at the prospect of a build in an osmi and im already looking for coolers and other hardware.

edit - oh god i think that using the HDPlex 250w psu (which can power a 80w cpu and the 970 at load - see 'little mac' build on here and OCN) and mount that where the 3.5inch hdd is mounted. using this i think (depending on total height from mobo to case side) i may be able to get a - http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=productview&products_id=105&lng=en - in there.

simply then cover the sfx psu hole with some mesh for the cpu cooler to intake through and hey presto - quiet cpu at high load.

i may actually cry if i cant get my hands on this case

Last edited:
I am also here for the Osmi. Gtek pleaseee. will there only be 10 avail. or 9 including yourself? I really would like to buy

I am also here for the Osmi. Gtek pleaseee. will there only be 10 avail. or 9 including yourself? I really would like to buy

i know your feels bro - literally checking this thread twice a day to make sure i dont miss out on one of these.

Yeah count me in, although I am guessing if there are only 10 they are already snatched up.

I'd happily be in on a run of 50, if that happens.

Hey guys. 10 cases is not many and I have to hand build them all... but for those who will not get one from this small batch, I'm looking into Kickstarter options aiming for 200 production run. I should get new quotation from manufacturer in UK next week.

Hey guys. 10 cases is not many and I have to hand build them all... but for those who will not get one from this small batch, I'm looking into Kickstarter options aiming for 200 production run. I should get new quotation from manufacturer in UK next week.

how are you planning to do the purchase process for the 10 produced? have you filled them with pre-orders or do you want us register interest in a formal way through the HG Computers website?

... but for those who will not get one from this small batch, I'm looking into Kickstarter options aiming for 200 production run. I should get new quotation from manufacturer in UK next week.

Awesome. Are you planning on doing all 200 as white Osmi.. or maybe 100 black and 100 white??

Awesome. Are you planning on doing all 200 as white Osmi.. or maybe 100 black and 100 white??

the plan at the moment is all white as on the pictures. but I think I will include option of personalized skin colour. Manufacturer has powder coating line in house and can colour match pretty much anything. I just need to talk about the cost with him.

how are you planning to do the purchase process for the 10 produced? have you filled them with pre-orders or do you want us register interest in a formal way through the HG Computers website?

you can PM me to reserve one. I will accept payment AFTER I have finished cases sitting on my desk. From my past experience, many things can still go wrong :)

you can PM me to reserve one. I will accept payment AFTER I have finished cases sitting on my desk. From my past experience, many things can still go wrong :)

PM sent - would appreciate a reply so i know youve got it (Hforum always seems to delete my sent items folder).

looking forwards to seeing a photo of a row of 10 Osmi's lined up

Just sent my PM. Thanks for your help, can't waIt to see what they look like on the inside! :D

Why water cooling would be out of question? If you can find a space for it, go!

Why water cooling would be out of question? If you can find a space for it, go!

my guess is youll be trying to mount a 140mm rad onto the top fan - which i expect would clash significantly with the mobo. i thought about the ability to mount a 140/120mm AIO from the top fan but i expect it to clash with the edge of the mobo.

my guess is youll be trying to mount a 140mm rad onto the top fan - which i expect would clash significantly with the mobo. i thought about the ability to mount a 140/120mm AIO from the top fan but i expect it to clash with the edge of the mobo.

Well there's still the possibility of mounting the rad on top of the case. That would of course increase the volume, but some people have to do things like that :D

How far did you progress with the assembly? And gathering information about feasibility of larger run?

The batch of 10 you currently have are white sides and black top, or completely white?

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=31318

this this card likely to fit - at 173mm length its 'just' too long for the 170mm so just wondering exactly what the wiggle room is - otherwise itll just be the asus i spose

Looking at Newegg pictures (fourth in selection) showing card back it seems the extra length includes the plastic shroud extending past circuit board. Could contact EVGA and ask for confirmation and if a revision is due.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487093

Hey,

Is there any update to when these cases might be shipping out? My build is feeling real naked without a case!

Thanks

Given that he has to build a total of 10 cases and all by hand, I'd say it would take a few weeks or months unless he's very efficient. Like you, i would also like to hear of his progress building these little guys but let's just let gtek work for now.

Back