Seasonic X-560 Give-Away! 3 PSUs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I look for a power supply that doesn't short out and ruin all my other components :)

lol i go to jonnyguru and check his review to see if its a Seasonic or rebranded Seasonic power supply!

I want a PSU that is fully modular, delivers efficient consistent power, and quiet.

I think it would be nice be able to make custom length/spaced 4 pin and sata cables right out of the box. Perhaps just have the PSU connection attached and include 3 or 4 connectors that can be placed on the cable at whatever length you want.

Also, longer 4/8 pin motherboard power cable so I dont have to buy an extension to go behind my motherboard tray.

Looking for a stable, efficient, proven PSU. Seasonic has proven themselves to be the OEM manufacture for quality PSUs over the years. I would be glad to use one in my machine.

Reliability, silence, size, and cable management options.

This PSU would be perfect for my rig.

The main thing I look for when it comes to a power supply is a HardOCP gold award, as this all but ensures a top notch product with superior stability, build quality, and reliability.

Relative to my current power supply, I like the higher efficiency and modular cables. The dark enclosure is also a nice fit for my case.

Efficiency, reliability, true wattage rating, low noise, excellent build quality.

Basically, something that won't catch fire like my Ultra X-Connect did back in '04.

stability, power, a great rack and classy looks all wrapped up in a tight little package to fit in most any case.

Modular and great performance, stability, and longevity touted by any reviewer that knows their electronics, usually found on this forum. :)

I Love seasonics, power supplies and they should love me...

Looking forward to their newest addition.

I want stability, even power flow, more than enough power overall, and for God's sake, a PSU that delivers the power levels it advertises! I'm willing to pay a premium for this, but I don't want to spend as much on my PSU as I do on all the rest of the computer put together... i.e, I'll spend a few hundred on the unit, but not $1000.

just write something stupid like you you usually do when you post.

Kyle knows me better than I know myself!!

When I rebuilt my son's Monarch Hornet SSF in 2008, I used a Seasonic ECO 300W SFX12V. It has stayed quiet and never been a problem in the 2.5 years it has been used.

Tom's Hardware just published an article entitled " Who's Who In Power Supplies: Brands, Labels, And OEMs" http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/psu-manufacturer-oem,2729.html Here is a quote from the comments section I agree with..

siliconchampion 11/12/2010 8:24 AM

My favorite brands for power supplies are PC P&C, Antec, and Corsair. The common denominator between them all? SeaSonic. That is a testament to Seasonic's manufacturing. I have never had a Seasonic PSU die on me.

BTW, which was is the correct spelling.. Seasonic, SeaSonic or Sea Sonic. Even their website has it spelled all three ways!! Seems like when talking about the company, Sea Sonic is usually the preferred spelling but Seasonic is used when mentioning power supplies.

Last edited:
The psu is the most important part in any system, and should receive the most attention when shopping for a new one. I never skimp on it and always go with the best. Seasonic is always my first choice in power supplies and have been my choice for my last three builds, they haven't let me down yet and don't plan on it in the future. Here are a few of the main things i look for in a psu:

1. Efficiency
2. Well built and nice design
3. Active PFC
4. Relatively quiet and cool
5. Good voltage stability and plenty of amps on the 12v rails
6. Single 12v rail is always a positive

Last edited:
I've used only Seasonic for years now. I currently own 2 Seasonic X-650 PSUs. So this is exactly what I am looking for. My HTPC hasn't been updated to an X series. It NEEDS it.

What I look for in a power supply is high efficiency, build quality, warrenty, and [H] review pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back