Status
Not open for further replies.
What I look for in a power supply:

Stability and quality of supplied power

Quality/longevity of components used

Variety of connectors

Length of connectors

Efficiency rating

In that order. Things like color, lights, sleeving, noise, and modularity don't move me very much. Although I wouldn't mind experiencing modularity to see how much I used it.

Well, I just want a power supply that isn't loud as hell! :D

My current PS is being pushed to its limit.

I look for a reliable unit that meets it spec. The reviews and process here and at jonnyguru.com are excellent guides. A common feature I've found reading the [H] reviews and those at JonnyGURU is that those units that actually have 80 plus certifications seem to meet their spec as a general rule.

I also now know more about PSUs that I probably need to. :cool:

I look for dependability, reliability, and a warranty the manufacturer stands behind proudly.

write something stupid like you you usually do when you post. . :eek:

Also, I look for high quality, quiet and efficient power supplies without absurd prices and outputs. My biggest power supply ever was 400 Watts. I couldn't find a smaller one that was worth buying at the time. I think I'm using right now. Yep. Corsair and Seasonic are my current favorites.

Glad I saw this thread.

1. I want my power supplies to be built with quality and meet their specifications

2. I want my PSU to run quiet and stay cool.

3. I want PSU to be efficient.

Hence, I love Seasonic. WOot!

A quality power supply should be stable, efficient and modular in terms of cabling. After you go modular you will never go back. It's also nice to have bit of extra cable length(that's what she said). :p

I"m def looking for a new PSU and I've always been eying those seasonic since it's modular, efficient and comes with a great warranty!!

I look for decent looks, a quiet fan, modular doesn't matter, nicely sleeved cables. Quality of the PSU is standard, the things I listed are my pluses.

I am in need of a power supply right now because my 500w just failed on me recently... need one that will last long.

In order:

Reliability (failure rate)
Power Quality (ripple, voltages within tolerance etc)
Efficiency (most SMPS are already efficient but extra efficiency is nice)

everything is is just ancillary

i look for effecency, silence, and power output. i do not need modular or fancy led fans. just good old reliable powersupplys. something that i can let run 24/7 for years in a folding rig or run everything along with pumps in my gaming machine.

I look for a name I trust, that it's modular, that it gets good reviews, that it's in the power range I need, that the more quiet it is, the better.

10.11.12 quiet, efficient, dependable, with enough rails for multi core gpu & cpu.

I look for power output, power quality, overall build quality like sleeved cables, quiet cooling implementation, and for my main gaming rig I use a modular supply to help deal with case clutter and improve airflow.

I just got an nVidia 470 and need a beefier PSU...this would be perfect.

80 Plus Cert
Modular (Good placement of plugs as well, don't want release tabs getting in the way of each other)
Quality fan (Low noise, good bearing)
POWERRRRRRRRRRRR

I look for durability and reliability obviously but I also look for attention to detail and stability. I buy quality power supplies because they can handle more than what they are rated for because that's how it should be.

look for one that works for a long time... doesnt hum after a couple of years doesnt ruin my computer

a psu like that would be nice

power, led light on/off, big quiet fans, quality components, passes all tests (hardocp tests), modular.

Anymore I try to use modular psu. And make sure it has tested well on a few sites.
Cables should be pretty long as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back