Seasonic X-560 Give-Away! 3 PSUs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seasonic makes great PSUs.

Value, quality (specs that hold up to testing), and quite. Efficiency and heat are looked at next.

Last edited:
I look for a high efficiency rating and modularity to reduce the number of cables killing my airflow.

I look for modular power supplies now. I like a clean computer and less is more. I used to just unsolder the wires I didn't need but if I wanted to use that PS is something different, I had to solder wires back in. I can still remember the first kits that came out for turning your PS's into modular units.

I look for good quality, high efficiency, quiet, modular, and compact. And another thing I pay attention to is cable length.

Looking for efficiency, build quality, competitive price, crossfire/sli capability with enough power on 12v rails and good customer support to back it all up. Haven't tried Seasonic but am willing to give them a try, seem like a good brand.

I look for reviews that show that a unit out-performs its ratings by 10% or more.

i.e. a solid and well made product that isn't over labeled containing cheap caps

In a power supply, I look for the following:

Reputation (Has this brand been reviewed positively in the past)
Power Output (Will it meet the needs of my system, with room to expand?)
Features (Fan size and volume, can unused cables be detached)

I bought a 620HX Corsair from your reviews and this one looks even better. Count me in.

When I buy a power supply, I look for a nice combo of performance, clean power, a good price

Mostly I look for a good solid SINGLE 12v line over 30 amps. Then efficiency, then cooling.

Efficient, quiet, stable. So far I've used 2 seasonic PSU and I am quite pleased with their performance.

Seasonic build quality, strong & stable rails, high efficiency. Probably why I'm rocking an X-750!

Mostly I look for a good solid efficiency - at least a SINGLE 12v line over 30 amps. Then cooling.

One word, reliability, I have this damn Enermax psu that is really great when it works but I've already had to send it back to Enermax two times for replacement. So ya, reliability would be great!

One word, reliability, I have this damn Enermax psu that is really great when it works but I've already had to send it back to Enermax two times for replacement. So ya, reliability would be great!

i used to use an enermax fma2 psu that died on me awhile back. enermax sent me a brand new replacement for it. still sitting in a box unused. at the time, didn't want to be w/o a pc for long so i just got an antec earthwatts at the store instead. did they send you back your original psu or brand new ones both times? what model is it? surprised if they didn't just send you back a new one.

some of the things I look for are length of cables, good cooling, the ability to maintain voltages at high temps, cable management and SLI or Crossfire support

I look for stable power, low ripple, low key styling/lack of bling, long braided cabling, low noise profile, single 12V rail, and 80 Plus efficiency.

I WISH manufacturers would make a PSU that would keep it's fan on 3-5 minutes after shutdown to exhaust heat out of the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back