I am leaving my SD15 1TBs for the time being, simply because they work, I use the moto, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"I have one of the 1.5 TB models with the SD17 firmware. I haven't had any issue with this drive, should I try and upgrade the firmware to SD1B or should I just let the drive be?
My SD15 1tb drives were fine - then one bootup one of the drives is no longer detected. I've got the replacement drive coming, and when it gets here I'm flashing all my drives and HOPEFULLY rebuilding the array. I would flash them as soon as possible if I were you.I am leaving my SD15 1TBs for the time being, simply because they work, I use the moto, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"
-Seagate.com Knowledge Base* Note: If your drive has CC firmware, your drive is not affected and no further action is required. Attempting to flash the firmware of a drive with CC firmware will result in rendering your drive inoperable.
Seagate doesn't mention which firmware you want to have installed. Mine is CC1H, is this an issue?First, tell me what you're using this for - if boot drive, then get out the OS disc and just follow directions. If additional storage disc, then just plug it in while the computer is off - as always be careful of static shock - ground yourself first.
Then download seatools. This will help you set up (partition/format) your disc so that it's ready for new files/folders to be written. Hopefully you have a high-speed connection to the internet, if not, you might wait for a while to get this rather large download. I believe there's a utility on there that will show the version of firmware that is preinstalled. Otherwise you can click here, scroll to the bottom of the page, and look for the links on how to make sure your drive has the right firmware, and what to do if it doesn't.
What firmware did your drive ship with?yeha i think that checker is junk. mine also says it doesnt need an update but i was using my 1.5tb drive as a system drive and it constatnly has ATA controller problems and the PC powers itself down. then i have to power the whole thing off entirely to get the HD to get recognized again.
I am going to be flashing mine regardless of what their website says if i dont have the newest firmware. i already sent my mobo back thinking it was a faulty mobo since the mobo was a refurb. then i started reading about all these freezes and hangups so now im pretty sure its the HD i bought it back in Jan so im sure its affected.