Screwed by EVGA

It was at new egg a MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 10GB GDDR6X. It said in stock but when I went to add to cart it said out of stock lol. Well I'm asking the differences between brands? Is the evga better than gigabyte? What's considered the better brand out of all the cards

I mean, all things being equal, I'd prefer the EVGA over Gigabyte or MSI, but if the other two are on sale and EVGA can't even be purchased, I'd take the GB or MSI card. I've had good luck with all 3 brands over the past 10 years.

It was at new egg a MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 10GB GDDR6X. It said in stock but when I went to add to cart it said out of stock lol. Well I'm asking the differences between brands? Is the evga better than gigabyte? What's considered the better brand out of all the cards
I would say EVGA out of those two just because of the customer service and warranty.

Finally got a 3070. They started sending notices and when I tried to get the card they would say out of stock. After several go rounds with customer support they finally sent me a personalized notice and I was able to pick up a 3070 for $715.00.
Dam lucky how did you get in touch with customer support?

I had a heck of a time signing into my EVGA account when I got the notification. I tried probably two dozen times and finally got in through a different browser. By the feedback on their forums, it has been an off and on issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree. They have always been easier to contact and work with, as well as faster, for the few rma's I've made over the years.
I agree. Just based on their response times when a problem or question arises is above the competition.

So I finally did the diy for evga and it makes you pick gpu, and 2 other items so I'm about to check out then all the sudden it says I need to pick a 4 item like wth... Then later I tried with another card and it only made me pick two other items besides the gpu.. So annoying

I had a heck of a time signing into my EVGA account when I got the notification. I tried probably two dozen times and finally got in through a different browser. By the feedback on their forums, it has been an off and on issue.

I couldn't sign into mine either and ended up missing my 3060ti.

Their warranty and customer service is no better than anyone else.
Their warranty transfers to anyone you sell the card to. And that person can sell it again and it still transfers.

Also, if you buy a card from Ebay or StockX or FB marketplace or offerup, its warrantied by EVGA from the day it left the factory, rather than the day you purchased it.

Nobody else does that.

I don't understand how evga can just change the rules on the diy on the fly?! It was always gpu, and two other items then all the sudden it says I need to do 4... Wth then after the gpu is out of stock it goes back to gpu and two items lol another annoying thing is all their items are overpriced, coolers, psu etc all way cheaper on Amazon

I don't understand how evga can just change the rules on the diy on the fly?! It was always gpu, and two other items then all the sudden it says I need to do 4... Wth then after the gpu is out of stock it goes back to gpu and two items lol another annoying thing is all their items are overpriced, coolers, psu etc all way cheaper on Amazon
Yeah EVGA is definitely trying to squeeze every last dollar, while other places are dropping prices.

EVGA is pretty decent about RMAs but I dunno if they’re really better. I just RMAed a 6900xt through XFX and they were honestly more communicative and just as fast if not faster.

I’ve had to send a lot back to EVGA and the process is fairly smooth but not perfect and kinda slow.

Friendly reminder on the EVGA warranty, a standard RMA where you send in and they send back is free. Their cross ship RMA requires a deposit of 2x the MSRP/fair purchase price of an item.

Friendly reminder on the EVGA warranty, a standard RMA where you send in and they send back is free. Their cross ship RMA requires a deposit of 2x the MSRP/fair purchase price of an item.

That's actually pretty fair IMO.

1). You're not actually out the money unless you don't send in a card. I think its just a hold on your CC.
2). People were getting extra cards by applying for an RMA, paying the original deposit, and then keeping both cards and then selling one of them to make money.
3). If you don't like the deposit, you can always send in your card the old fashioned way with no deposit.

Back