Scorn

scojer

[H]F Junkie
''Scorn is an atmospheric first person horror adventure game set in a nightmarish universe of odd forms and somber tapestry. It is designed around an idea of "being thrown into the world". Isolated and lost inside this dream-like world you will explore different interconnected regions in a non-linear fashion. The unsettling environment is a character itself. Every location contains its own theme (story), puzzles and characters that are integral in creating a cohesive lived in world. Throughout the game you will open up new areas, acquire different skill sets, weapons, various items and try to comprehend the sights presented to you."

Definitely a very interesting looking game, looks heavily influenced by H.R. Geiger or Tool. I'm going to follow it.

I'm really liking the environments and atmosphere so far. I contacted the developer who confirmed they will have a DRM free version available and plan for a Linux version later down the road.

They've got a new gameplay trailer up

I'm really excited for this, it looks to be coming along nicely.

That looks pretty amazing like the organic gun looks like your in a womb or something LOL something alot of games can't capture is atmosphere if you do it for a good reason it will come off authentic.

I was just wondering about this game the other day...there was still virtually no info from the developers on the Steam forums or otherwise.

Love how this looks. HR Geiger influences and all. It's a nice reveal, but I'd love to see some current gameplay..

Scorn has made a reappearance during today's Xbox Series X game livestream.

In an interview with Wccftech, Scorn game director Ljubomir Peklar revealed that the 4K trailer footage for Ebb Software’s creepy, first-person horror title was actually running off of a PC with a Ryzen processor and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti graphics card.

To be fair, the trailer does include a disclaimer that implies the footage was not running off of a Series X

https://www.thefpsreview.com/2020/0...lly-running-on-an-nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-ti/

Here's a Q&A / FAQ type thing - still coming to PC so that's good. I can't imagine the outrage if it was Xbox exclusive, since I'm pretty sure this was a PC Kickstarter.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/698670/announcements/detail/2177998091694253164

At the Gamescom 2021 Opening Night Live event, a Scorn title card was shown during an Xbox Game Pass advert, showing a 'Fall 2021' release date...

At the Gamescom 2021 Opening Night Live event, a Scorn title card was shown during an Xbox Game Pass advert, showing a 'Fall 2021' release date...
They showed the same thing at E3 this year, so maybe it's happening? Weird that we have not seen anything new if that is true.

Anything would be cool, this seems so bizarre I don't know if I will enjoy it or not. But I want to try!

I really want this, there has been so little info coming out from the devs though, it's a bit disappointing. I think I wishlisted this back in like 2017.

Wow, there are a lot of bent backers in the comments thread on that update. I mean, I get that a lot of people seem to take issue with the tone of it, but it is quite obvious reading it that English is not the mother tongue of the developer. People need to separate their emotions from the relayed data.

I read the update, then some of the comments were calling it a hostile update... I'd hate to think of how soft these people are in person.

I'm fine with a delay in this, and a once a year update saying "We're still working on it, it'll be ready when it's ready" is better than over-communication such as Sean Murray and No Man's Sky which created a super hyped launch, or, no updates at all such as Valve and HL3... still waiting on an update for that one.

they threw some shade at Cyberpunk in that update :troll:

"CD Projekt RED had great PR for Cyberpunk 2077 but that didn't help when the final game. Cyberpunk 2077 should've been delayed for a year, but the hype and the pressure from shareholders were more important. Maybe if they didn't push their developers to create marketing content they could've put more time into fixing the game"

they threw some shade at Cyberpunk in that update :troll:

"CD Projekt RED had great PR for Cyberpunk 2077 but that didn't help when the final game. Cyberpunk 2077 should've been delayed for a year, but the hype and the pressure from shareholders were more important. Maybe if they didn't push their developers to create marketing content they could've put more time into fixing the game"

I can't really argue with the point though. Cyberpunk 2077 was clearly underbaked. If these guys have a solid design on their game, and the freedom to take the time needed to polish it , they absolutely should. It is VERY hard for a game that is severely flawed on release to recover and very few titles manage it - that "this game is shit" rep will tend to cling on to it for a very long time and ruin it's financial success even if the bugs DO get sorted later and the game turns out fabulous at the end of it (see: almost any title released by Obsidian).

It does not need to be perfect on release, but the game design should be demonstrably "fun" and their should not be any obvious how-the-hell-did-this-not-get-noticed-during-QA game breaking bugs, either.

I can't really argue with the point though. Cyberpunk 2077 was clearly underbaked. If these guys have a solid design on their game, and the freedom to take the time needed to polish it , they absolutely should. It is VERY hard for a game that is severely flawed on release to recover and very few titles manage it - that "this game is shit" rep will tend to cling on to it for a very long time and ruin it's financial success even if the bugs DO get sorted later and the game turns out fabulous at the end of it (see: almost any title released by Obsidian).

It does not need to be perfect on release, but the game design should be demonstrably "fun" and their should not be any obvious how-the-hell-did-this-not-get-noticed-during-QA game breaking bugs, either.

No Man's Sky, to me, when it launched was worth playing. It was amazing, soothing, and I had a blast just exploring randomly. What was released is exactly what was initially promised, all the updates by Sean Murray in between announcement to release are what weren't in the game, and so people thought it was unfinished.

They've more than made up for it though, and they're still coming out with updates, and it gets bigger and better.

Wow, there are a lot of bent backers in the comments thread on that update. I mean, I get that a lot of people seem to take issue with the tone of it, but it is quite obvious reading it that English is not the mother tongue of the developer. People need to separate their emotions from the relayed data.
Okay, but this:

And for the end, a bit of friendly advice: If lack of communication is so bothersome just ask for a refund and be done with it. It's just a game. You can play it when it's out if you are still interested.

Sure, that is accurate, but it's also sort of a dick response - people crowdfunded this game and the complete lack of communication is not acceptable for ANY crowdfunding venture.

None of that has anything to do with English not being the primary language - it was pretty clear and concise. The whole update also just reeked of excuses and the developer not giving a fuck about how people would feel about it. Also they just seem like they are pissy that people want updates. The game was originally supposed to be released 3 fucking years ago.

For clarity, I did not back this but I have been excited about it for quite some time.

Sure, that is accurate, but it's also sort of a dick response - people crowdfunded this game and the complete lack of communication is not acceptable for ANY crowdfunding venture

I agree that Crowdfunded/Kickstarter games have a higher responsibility to keep people informed on development progress...it doesn't have to be every month but at least every 6 months or so just to let people know that the game is still being worked on

Scorn Director Apologises After 'Hostile' Delay Statement​

"I personally apologise. I will do my best for this kind of outburst not to happen again."

https://www.ign.com/articles/scorn-hostile-delay-statement-director-apologises
Ljubomir Peklar said:
Reading through again it was clear that the hostile tone it was written in should not be how we should express ideas or plans to people that help us out. We may be tired, confused, and frustrated at our own ineptitude, but there is no reason to lash out at you. For that, I personally apologise. I will do my best for this kind of outburst not to happen again.

At least they acknowledged they fucked up. I still really want to play this game and I hope it's good.

What can I say... the developer lived up to the title of the game :)

I'll... see myself out, now lol

Release date 22Oct22, release date trailer inthe link just shows a room with (presumably) your character on a balcony overlook. Still, looks weird / amazing.

Even if I end up not likening it, I love that there are some games really trying outside the box stuff. Scorn, GTFO, SC, Warframe...

Ha, Ninja'd!

pretty much 1 year away...luckily 2022 is stacked with big games so the delay is fine
I just fear that with Microsoft's involvement that the developer's vision has been stunted. I don't think the imagery is going to be as good as the early concept art and footage was. My opinion of a lot of mainstream entertainment these days, especially horror, is that nobody pushes boundaries anymore.

I just fear that with Microsoft's involvement that the developer's vision has been stunted. I don't think the imagery is going to be as good as the early concept art and footage was. My opinion of a lot of mainstream entertainment these days, especially horror, is that nobody pushes boundaries anymore.

that release date trailer had an Alien H.R. Giger feel to it with the various shapes and architecture

He was mentioned back in the original Kickstarter material. Shame the original alpha isn't on Steam any more.

Back