(Scam) Seagate MomentusXT 750gb 32.99

and you guys are reveling in your "oh man, i'm so much smarter than all of you!!!!".... :rolleyes:

never hurts to give anything a shot, at least once. except suicide, of course...you'll never live to regret that decision.

Those who never try, never succeed. They never heard of no lose scenarios. Oh wait the poor precious banks lose -_- Anyway, they're just trying to rustle your jimmies man; ignore them.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

So did you guys just file a dispute with eBay?? They say I have to wait for seller response by Feb 13 in the resolution center. That's stupid because ebay sent me the email saying it was a scam. Shouldn't they have auto started the dispute?

Got tracking numbers on Paypal... going to wait this one out and see what happens. If items arrive and turn out to be fake, I'll open a dispute on eBay.

Got tracking numbers on Paypal... going to wait this one out and see what happens. If items arrive and turn out to be fake, I'll open a dispute on eBay.

you will get something, it wont be what your expecting.......that much you can be sure of .

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Amen to that. I saw this thread and thought... This won't turn out well at all for anyone that buys. Even if they were expecting to dispute it, or get a refund, it still ties up money for no reason.

The guy had 1000's of feedback, a five year history, and a perfect 100% score in the last year.

I thought the same thing based on the prices, but then as one of the guys in the thread previously said - this is either a scam - in which the purchaser is protected two ways - through paypal and through credit card, or this is a legit deal - in which the prices were too good to pass. As the other poster said - I didn't throw my last bit of money down on this. In the end it doesn't really matter.

If you turned your head away every time you saw a good deal then you are in the wrong sub forum. I recently purchased two Kingston Hyper X enthusiasts 120GB SSDs for $60 each no rebate, no shipping. If I thought - oh - that's too good a price...can't be legit, I'd have missed them.

Everyone with the holier than thou attitude is just as pitiful as the guys like me who took the slight gamble.

The guy had 1000's of feedback, a five year history, and a perfect 100% score in the last year.

I thought the same thing based on the prices, but then as one of the guys in the thread previously said - this is either a scam - in which the purchaser is protected two ways - through paypal and through credit card, or this is a legit deal - in which the prices were too good to pass. As the other poster said - I didn't throw my last bit of money down on this. In the end it doesn't really matter.

If you turned your head away every time you saw a good deal then you are in the wrong sub forum. I recently purchased two Kingston Hyper X enthusiasts 120GB SSDs for $60 each no rebate, no shipping. If I thought - oh - that's too good a price...can't be legit, I'd have missed them.

Everyone with the holier than thou attitude is just as pitiful as the guys like me who took the slight gamble.

It's not a holier than thou attitude, it's more of a common sense sort of thing. That deal that you used as an example is not outlandish. Kingston Hyper X 120GB drives were going for quite low just a few months ago on a regular basis. $60 would not be an unrealistic number to throw some money at. But had someone listed it a couple months ago when they were regularly selling at $69.99 -$79.99 for say... $20-30... You'd think it was to good to be true. I'm not saying deals don't happen, I'm just saying that most of the time if it's to good to be true (Prices at 1/4 what they usually are), then 99.9% of the time they are a scam. And if it's on Ebay, 99.9% of the time if the prices are that low, the account was hacked.

for anyone who purchased - if you open a claim with ebay they will refund your money. They just gave me a full refund. I simply put in there as the reason that I had received an e-mail from Ebay that the seller's account was compromised and that I should not contact the seller nor send him money if I hadn't already (of course I had, because it's a paypal linked tranaction so I had sent money as soon as the auction ended.) At any rate - no harm no foul. My money is refunded in full.

This is where the "a fool and his money are soon parted" comment comes into play. A fool will see a high rating and a "too good to be true" price and think everything is fine. A non-fool will look and see that the guy had been selling cd's up until this "too good to be true" sale and begin questioning why he would suddenly be a) selling items he hadn't before, and b) selling these items at "too good to be true" prices.

I can understand why people are getting defensive about falling for this scam, no one likes to admit they did something stupid.

This is why bank robberies are down. Much easier to scam thousands of dollars and really just not get caught. :p

If I was going to hack an ebay account to run a scam operation, I would not hack the guy with a 75% positive feedback rating.

The scams I see tend to be easy to spot because here's a guy with all kinds of good feedback and a high rating, but until two days ago everything he sold was fishing equipment, now.. a pallet of iPhones. HMMMM. I admit I did not even look at this hard drive guy to see what he was selling a week beforehand.

Of course I say this having recently bought something on eBay where the guy literally typo'd the price and forgot a 1. As in, the hundreds. I paid under $20 for a $120 thing. And I received it and it works.

This is where the "a fool and his money are soon parted" comment comes into play. A fool will see a high rating and a "too good to be true" price and think everything is fine. A non-fool will look and see that the guy had been selling cd's up until this "too good to be true" sale and begin questioning why he would suddenly be a) selling items he hadn't before, and b) selling these items at "too good to be true" prices.

I can understand why people are getting defensive about falling for this scam, no one likes to admit they did something stupid.

This^^^^

I looked into this when it was first posted but did my research and noticed the seller had only been selling CDs previously. This told me all I needed to know.....not too mention everything that was put up for sale was 25% of the normal cost for several items. Quite obviously a scam.

Already have my money back. That was so painful, I think I'll go cut myself now.

I'm glad anyone who purchased this unknowingly can get their money back.

I'm sad so many people will try to "work the system" with the intention of filing a charge back when they know they probably aren't getting what they wanted.

I wish someone who is okay on taking chances would buy my Epic-800 home theater systems I got duped for ;) $100? Anyone?

We all learn our lessons eventually... if a deal is too good to be true, it probably is and you shouldn't chance your money or the banks on it (by buying something you know isn't legit and then fraudulently filing a claim.... you knew it wasn't right, so just man up!).

The sheer lack of commom sense in this this is staggering. However, given today's society and it's "it's all about me" attitude, I can see why some of you SUCKERS tried to buy some of this obviously fake listing items.....

lol at the lemmings....

Back