(Scam) Seagate MomentusXT 750gb 32.99

JDanser

Limp Gawd
eBay seller appears to be Chinese but has very good feedback. If all else fails eBay should have my/your back in case of chicanery. I'm gonna go ahead and bite on this one.

Linkage.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks, took a chance and bit on one. Worst case scenario: I get a refund and no drive.

"The project is a new and real, the Chinese New Year festive season the hereby activities, the price is back to normal after the New Year."

lol still worth a shot

^wow, just saw the Corsair Force Series 3 240GB. Going to try my luck on that too.

"The project is a new and real, the Chinese New Year festive season the hereby activities, the price is back to normal after the New Year."

lol still worth a shot

That's what I said. If this is legit and the guy is seriously selling stuff stupid cheap to celebrate the Chinese New Year, I'm gonna email the dude and personally wish him a good one. :D

Hell, even if it winds up being a non XT drive I'll probably keep it and call it a win.

This seller keeps changing the quantity available. Makes me think the seller is selling bunch of them and then quickly increases quantity to sell more. Could be a valid ebay user with a hacked account.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...s&_trksid=p4340.l2569&rt=nc&item=360583489313

On the lisitng of the ADATA SSD part of the description oddly states "Key chain ready. Small size makes it easy to carry with a set of keys". Doesn't make sense. Who is ever going to carry an SSD on a key chain? Makes me think of hacks on MAC keychain personal information. Even if these drives were delivered I would fear of some type of code in them to expose personal data.

Just too good of deal to be true.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I bit on one of those 4TB drives for $40 and the Core i5 3470 for $50, had to give it a shot at that price.

Last edited:
Even if these drives were delivered I would fear of some type of code in them to expose personal data.

A vigorous inspection/rewrite of firmware followed by
dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/sdb
should eliminate most of my worries.

I could be paranoid but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Hope these deals work out for you. Happy chinese new year. And don't forget you can carry those neat little SSD's with your keychains.

Thats a hijacked account....but you should get a refund in a week or two....much sooner if eBay flags the account

I am going to say scam - simple reason - all of his feedback is private - you can't see any of the items sold. Paypal protects you but it takes weeks to get you rmoney back while they investigate.

I am going to say scam - simple reason - all of his feedback is private - you can't see any of the items sold. Paypal protects you but it takes weeks to get you rmoney back while they investigate.

It's not like I bought this with my last $5 or anything; as long as it's protected by ebay/paypal I got nothing to lose. If this turned out to be legit and I didn't jump on it I would be filled with regret.

It's not like I bought this with my last $5 or anything; as long as it's protected by ebay/paypal I got nothing to lose. If this turned out to be legit and I didn't jump on it I would be filled with regret.

As long as you used a CC you're fine.....this scam is not new, and you will be mailed a package...it just wont have a drive in it....that's where the scammer hopes that PayPal does what they do best, and just say's tough luck.

Watch the auction and total up his sales over the next few days....if they get to keep 10% of what they sell,its a win for them ....If the sales get too crazy,eBay may pull the auction though

As long as you used a CC you're fine.....this scam is not new, and you will be mailed a package...it just wont have a drive in it....that's where the scammer hopes that PayPal does what they do best, and just say's tough luck.

Watch the auction and total up his sales over the next few days....if they get to keep 10% of what they sell,its a win for them ....If the sales get too crazy,eBay may pull the auction though

Really, you've had trouble with PayPal? They've done right by me every time I've received a bad item. And like you said, worst case I just do a charge back.

Really, you've had trouble with PayPal? They've done right by me every time I've received a bad item. And like you said, worst case I just do a charge back.

no silly...nobody has ever had trouble with PayPal.....:D:D:D

no silly...nobody has ever had trouble with PayPal.....:D:D:D

Lol, I didn't know TBH. I used them back in the day on a lot of stuff; and just recently had to return a Media Center Extender because the guy shipped the wrong remote with it. Like I said, no issues. They must like me :D

Lol, I didn't know TBH. I used them back in the day on a lot of stuff; and just recently had to return a Media Center Extender because the guy shipped the wrong remote with it. Like I said, no issues. They must like me :D

Yeah, they may get your money back....but for me its just not worth it...
This is 100% not going to be a real deal......like I said, if they dont cancel the auction, they will ship you a box, in about 2-3 weeks you will get that box...find out is empty or full of dirt..... then its up to you to fight to get your money back.....and for what?....not worth the aggravation to me......but judging by the sales numbers on his page, I'm the crazy one.....:p

Yeah, they may get your money back....but for me its just not worth it...
This is 100% not going to be a real deal......like I said, if they dont cancel the auction, they will ship you a box, in about 2-3 weeks you will get that box...find out is empty or full of dirt..... then its up to you to fight to get your money back.....and for what?....not worth the aggravation to me......but judging by the sales numbers on his page, I'm the crazy one.....:p

What can I say, I like to gamble :D

You are gambling with a cheater and you will lose.

I either get the product I wanted...or I have to get a refund through PayPal....or I do a charge back on my card. So how do I lose? Maybe I lose some time if I have to get a refund/charge back. That's about it. Not even a concern to me. Though, I would be sad I didn't get what I wanted (for the price) :(

^ x2

^ that makes me wonder as well. When you click on the sellers # of feedbacks, all the reviews should have item name under it. The chinese guy doesn't.

not unless your a earth bender O_O;... dont ask

I looking on the Ebay mobile app and after clicking on him and looking at the feedback you can then click to see the item sold. I am not having an issue seeing the items. Also the account is 5 years old. I think I am going to take a gamble.

The contact information for the seller is all screwed up. The phone number listed is a bad number in New Jersey.

Clear as the sun in the day that this is a scam. I don't see why anyone would risk identity theft and time lost fixing problems like this.

BE WARNED.

The feedback isnt private if you check from a mobile device on their mobile website. This account sold music cds before these listings. Take that how you want.

feedback.mobileweb.ebay.com/sellerinfo?cmd=FB&sellerId=dearellaliu&pg=2&itemId=360583507952&fbType=null

The feedback isnt private if you check from a mobile device on their mobile website. This account sold music cds before these listings. Take that how you want.

YEAh... then comes tricky hacker and then the seller and the buyers get ow3nd. Could be an inside job...unhappy employee getting a bonus they think they deserve.

YEAh... then comes tricky hacker and then the seller and the buyers get ow3nd. Could be an inside job...unhappy employee getting a bonus they think they deserve.

Next you're gonna tell me this guy did 9/11 lol

Yup,as long as there was a "delivery" you will have to fight that much harder to prove it was empty.
it's not an s3 it is is a clone. check the stats.

Clone or not,that price is crazy!

The contact information for the seller is all screwed up. The phone number listed is a bad number in New Jersey.

Clear as the sun in the day that this is a scam. I don't see why anyone would risk identity theft and time lost fixing problems like this.

BE WARNED.

Because PT Barnum said it best..

Yup,as long as there was a "delivery" you will have to fight that much harder to prove it was empty.

I'll use my phone and make one continuous recording of me receiving and opening it :D

Back