(Scam) Seagate MomentusXT 750gb 32.99

Bought some of the 4tb harddrives and a couple roombas.

I was thinking about the Roombas; but being from China they're probably reprogrammed to kill me in my sleep and then break into the Pentagon or something :p

You guys do know they make counterfit items... I think these items would fall under that.

All the items he had listed are now not there anymore.

Well damn, went out as I was looking over the roomba, wonder if I should go ahead with the momentus xt that's on the paypal step.

yep, looks like eBay caught on........he had sold about $6800.00 worth of product on my last count

let the PayPal disputes begin...:D

Well damn, went out as I was looking over the roomba, wonder if I should go ahead with the momentus xt that's on the paypal step.

sure..what could possibly go wrong...

Popcorn, crosshairs? :D

no doubt...although some of the people may get a refund straight away......like a reversal....others may need to fight to get their money back......these things only happen because some people refuse to believe in scams......if everyone stopped falling for them, it would not go on anymore ....sadly, we know that will never happen...greed and stupidity are 2 very common traits ...:)

Had cancelled it, tho he still has the expensive Rolling Stones poster. Guess we'll have to wait and see what comes of the people that pulled the trigger. Anyone check their paypal and ebay for messages/alerts?

The listing was removed because the item appears to have been listed without the account holder's permission.

Well shit. Just opened a case w/ eBay and called the bank to get the charge removed.

Yeah, somebody hacked his account. Just got off the phone with my bank; charges reversed. Everything's all good. No harm, no foul :)

Yeah, somebody hacked his account. Just got off the phone with my bank; charges reversed. Everything's all good. No harm, no foul :)

No harm, no foul to you, but how about the bank that is going to take a loss to this loser, or Paypal.

There is no such thing as no harm, no foul in cases like this.:rolleyes:

No harm, no foul to you..

..........That's pretty much all that matters to me in this scenario. And the day I feel sorry for a bank is the day pigs fly. Were you around a couple of years ago in regards to banks?

..........That's pretty much all that matters to me in this scenario. And the day I feel sorry for a bank is the day pigs fly. Were you around a couple of years ago in regards to banks?

Thanks to that sort of attitude.

You think when credit card companies or eBay takes losses they don't pass them on to their customers? Why do you think fees and interest rates keep going up every year? This was an obvious scam. You just helped some scumbag low life make a bunch of money. eBay and your credit card company will get the money back from their customers. They aren't worried about it.

I pay my credit card in full every 2 weeks so I don't pay any interest. But when stores raise their prices to cover credit card fee's or in a recent law change can charge you extra if you pay by credit card to cover the fee that effects me. If you help someone steal money from an American company they will pass the losses on to you. I don't mean to pick on you directly because everyone who was stupid enough to fall for this obvious scam is to blame. I only hope the OP gets his cut for his part in the scam.

You think when credit card companies or eBay takes losses they don't pass them on to their customers? Why do you think fees and interest rates keep going up every year? This was an obvious scam. You just helped some scumbag low life make a bunch of money. eBay and your credit card company will get the money back from their customers. They aren't worried about it.

I pay my credit card in full every 2 weeks so I don't pay any interest. But when stores raise their prices to cover credit card fee's or in a recent law change can charge you extra if you pay by credit card to cover the fee that effects me. If you help someone steal money from an American company they will pass the losses on to you. I don't mean to pick on you directly because everyone who was stupid enough to fall for this obvious scam is to blame. I only hope the OP gets his cut for his part in the scam.

Companies and banks are in the business of making money. They don't do what they do for charity. You would be getting those fees for one thing or another even if there were no more scammers left on the face of the Earth. You and I and them all know that.

If you don't like the fees on your card, cancel it and switch; or deal in all cash. If you don't like the prices or extra charges/fees at a store, shop somewhere else. Free market.

Last edited:
Just got an email from ebay and this is part of it. Of course this was all too good to be true!

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]The listing was removed because the item appears to have been listed without the account holder's permission. At this time, we're restoring the account to its original owner. You're no longer obligated to pay for the item. [/FONT]

Well after I got the message from eBay about the listing being removed, I filed a complaint with PayPal. I then received an email from the seller stating:

Dear friend,
Because of my operation mistakes ebay delete project, but please rest assured, your project
tomorrow I will send you the packing.
2 days you will receive the project tracking number.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
thank you!

I called Ebay and opened up a dispute. They said if I don't hear anything from the seller in 7 days I can escalate and I should get a full refund. I'm not sure how this guy can ship out these items because it seems the account that was used was hijacked.

Well after I got the message from eBay about the listing being removed, I filed a complaint with PayPal. I then received an email from the seller stating:

Dear friend,
Because of my operation mistakes ebay delete project, but please rest assured, your project
tomorrow I will send you the packing.
2 days you will receive the project tracking number.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
thank you!

Are you kidding? Quit talking to that loser and get your money in order.

I read the whole thread just to see SonDa5 vindicated...:).

Best,

LC

My friend just received his packages from one of these vendors. He had ordered one of those Android thumb computers and an Android tablet. He got two padded envelopes one has a rubber bracelet in it, the other has a coin. So alls well that ends well i guess, lol.

My friend just received his packages from one of these vendors. He had ordered one of those Android thumb computers and an Android tablet. He got two padded envelopes one has a rubber bracelet in it, the other has a coin. So alls well that ends well i guess, lol.
Now good luck arguing with ebay/paypal. The seller can say they shipped the items and show tracking.

lol how could anyone fall for this? Reading the OP and then each successive post (excepting the few people with common sense) was like reading fictional comedy. How could anyone fall for such an obvious scam? If you thought this even had a chance of being real you're a fool.

lol how could anyone fall for this? Reading the OP and then each successive post (excepting the few people with common sense) was like reading fictional comedy. How could anyone fall for such an obvious scam? If you thought this even had a chance of being real you're a fool.

But but I can get my money back! PT Barnum was right, there is a sucker born every minute. Apparently, it is still true even moreso nowadays. :rolleyes:

and you guys are reveling in your "oh man, i'm so much smarter than all of you!!!!".... :rolleyes:

never hurts to give anything a shot, at least once. except suicide, of course...you'll never live to regret that decision.

and you guys are reveling in your "oh man, i'm so much smarter than all of you!!!!".... :rolleyes:

never hurts to give anything a shot, at least once. except suicide, of course...you'll never live to regret that decision.

Those who never try, never succeed. They never heard of no lose scenarios. Oh wait the poor precious banks lose -_- Anyway, they're just trying to rustle your jimmies man; ignore them.

Back