• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Samsung S27B970D experience?

Who's going to be the first to see if this thing can overclock LOL.
 
The main selling point is hardware calibration

I know, but it will likely also offer improved pixel response times over the S27A850D.

I don't have one, I was commenting on the video you posted.

Who's going to be the first to see if this thing can overclock LOL.

Buy me one money bags :cool:, along with a GTX 690 so I can properly "test," the display :D
 
A Monitor for around 1000€ with a contrast of 1000:1 that's a rip of. :rolleyes:
I could even build a TOP PC for a lot less.
 
It's not a rip off for IPS/PLS display....it's competitively priced compared to the Dell U2711 and NEC PA2711 and Eizo models in terms of features.
 
A Monitor for around 1000€ with a contrast of 1000:1 that's a rip of.
They are also a rip off. :)
I hope this was a joke. :eek: 1000:1 is low it's TN standard. :D
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not just trying to bait people with these posts. So it seems you really have little idea about what makes a good display, let alone a high end monitor. Before you post more comments in similar vein, may I suggest you spend a lot more time reading and researching the subject, both on this forum and these websites:You might find that your opinion changes significantly as you gain knowledge. If you don't want to bother then perhaps you should just accept that other people are more discerning and have more demanding requirements.
 
I know this websites and i have read a lot of reviews on it including on www.digitalversus.com and www.cnet.com and some more.
I have a CRT and i was not happy with the LCD's (TN & S-IPS) i tested and returned them all. And i.also saw a PLS in a store and i couldn't see a big differences. The next Monitor i will be testing is an VA Monitor i saw one at a friends home and i was happy with it, ok the old VA Monitors are not as fast but the new VA Monitors are as fast as a good IPS or PLS Monitor.
 
Last edited:
I just bought the S27A850T and I was thinking "damn, I should have waited a bit more!". But then I saw the Youtube video and - hey! - it's reflection galore! I already have a shaving mirror in the bathroom, thank you :D So glad I bought the S27A850T...

Seriously, why do other manufacturers have to copy Apple in what they do WRONG?! :confused:
 
I just bought the S27A850T and I was thinking "damn, I should have waited a bit more!". But then I saw the Youtube video and - hey! - it's reflection galore! I already have a shaving mirror in the bathroom, thank you :D So glad I bought the S27A850T...

Seriously, why do other manufacturers have to copy Apple in what they do WRONG?! :confused:


Ive had the apple and i use a 20wmgx , i would see this screen as more of doing it RIGHT . .
ive yet seen a good media device that uses a matte screen phone , tv or anything else . .:D
all im hopping is now that this screen got out all the knocks the original S27A850 had
 
I just bought the S27A850T and I was thinking "damn, I should have waited a bit more!". But then I saw the Youtube video and - hey! - it's reflection galore! I already have a shaving mirror in the bathroom, thank you :D So glad I bought the S27A850T...

Seriously, why do other manufacturers have to copy Apple in what they do WRONG?! :confused:

Happy for you, unfortunately the rest of us who do not like ag coating at all, only have 2 options: get dipper pockets and buy an apple, or try the korean monitors...
I guess only very few companies out there are doing it "wrong" for the rest of us.
 
Excessive AG is also "wrong". I've worked with monitors with hard AG (Dell), high gloss screens (laptops) and very smooth AG (my Samsungs).

When I say "wrong", I mean "ergonomically wrong". Diffusing reflections is a main concern in an ergonomic environment, since they cause eye strain and can be potentially harmful to your eyesight. I'm not talking about personal taste here, just what has been scientifically determined.
 
KataBatik,
Where did you buy the T model. I have been looking for it with no success.

Thanks
 
Hey guys does anyone know what the Hz is on this Samsung? I looked everywhere no where to be found so I am asking..

Thanks
 
it's a recommended 60Hz refresh rate, if that's what you mean
 
Is this monitor a limited edition or something? Why do only a few select online retailers have it?
 
I have a request to owners of this monitor.
Please connect it via the DisplayPort interface and test its sleep mode for about 5-10 minutes. It's enough to connect the monitor to the turned off device with the DP interface, without the signal the monitor will automatically go to the sleep mode. You can also use an OS sleep feature if you wish.
I would like to know whether the sleep mode is completely continuous and stable?
My monitor is periodically wakes up for about 30 seconds and then go to sleep again. And so on.
There is no such an issue if the monitor is connected via the DVI.
 
Prad.de has a review available but not unless you pay. It did not get stellar ratings from what I can see on their teaser.

TFTcentral said it was a good screen, but that blacks and whites crush a bit even when calibrated. They also accused it of being overpriced.
 
Last edited:
Prad.de has a review available but not unless you pay. It did not get stellar ratings from what I can see on their teaser.

TFTcentral said it was a good screen, but that blacks and whites crush a bit even when calibrated. They also accused it of being overpriced.

TFT Central noted that it has a high price point but didn't really imply that this wasn't justified or suggest it was actually overpriced. They also only mentioned crushed contrast ratio and blacks under the sRGB mode when calibrated or not.
 
Depends what they are doing. It doesn't have a true wide colour gamut so if anything the 'average user' may prefer native settings. For the sake of colour accuracy you are right, but it is possible to hardware calibrate with restricted gamut in other modes according to reviews.
 
I have a request to owners of this monitor.
Please connect it via the DisplayPort interface and test its sleep mode for about 5-10 minutes. It's enough to connect the monitor to the turned off device with the DP interface, without the signal the monitor will automatically go to the sleep mode. You can also use an OS sleep feature if you wish.
I would like to know whether the sleep mode is completely continuous and stable?
My monitor is periodically wakes up for about 30 seconds and then go to sleep again. And so on.
There is no such an issue if the monitor is connected via the DVI.

arabesc,

I had the same sleep issue over Displayport (see here). I exchanged the monitor and the new one does not exhibit this issue. So it appears to be a problem with certain batches. I recommend that you exchange yours as well.
 
i have a question - when you guys turn on the monitor every time, does the natural color calibration always tweak the settings?
 
arabesc,

I had the same sleep issue over Displayport (see here). I exchanged the monitor and the new one does not exhibit this issue. So it appears to be a problem with certain batches. I recommend that you exchange yours as well.

grr mine wakes up too every once in a while and I have it hooked up via display port. does anyone know if an hdmi connection keeps this from happening?
 
Anyone got dust under heir screens? Thinking of picking one up for around $800 but the dust issues reported on newegg scare me, plus seems samsung does not have an advanced replacement policy on this and want you to send it in for repairs in case of issues which is unacceptable on a monitor of this price. Not sure if will go with my existing zr2440w either as it is supposedly super glossy. Can owners weigh in?
 
grr mine wakes up too every once in a while and I have it hooked up via display port. does anyone know if an hdmi connection keeps this from happening?
I didn't try hdmi, but dvi is ok.

Anyone got dust under heir screens?
I don't see the dust under the cover of mine screen, but there are at least two dead pixels. Fortunately they small enough and not striking.
 
^ The dead pixel issue is discouraging, getting this for $820 with tax currently which is a good deal for this screen but I expect a perfect panel for this kind of dough. NEC 27" screens can be had for not a whole lot more ($1000) and they come with NEC 4 year advance exchange warranty, matte screen (easier on my eyes, I find the whole AG coating issue to be a non-issue at typical viewing distances) so may have to pass...

Thinking of just getting a 22/23" ips screen to use in portrait mode beside my zr2440w for around $180, best return on investment.
 
Do the current owners recommend this screen for $820? Considering the Asus and Viewsonic monitors which have slightly better ergonomic features and connectivity (usb 3) are now available for the same price or less (I believe they all use the same Samsung PLS panel). Have until tomorrow to pick it up or let it go.
 
The Viewsonic & Samsung 970D both come with factory calibrated colours, if you want a matte display and ergonomics go with the Viewsonic. The Samsung 850D's colours are not as good as the VP & 970D's and I seriously doubt the 700$ Asus is going to be better given the low price point.
 
Do the current owners recommend this screen for $820?
I think that it's good price for this screen. I have purchased it for $1'000 in the online shop. Current retail price for it in my country is about $1'400...

The Viewsonic & Samsung 970D both come with factory calibrated colours
Hardware calibration capability is more important feature in a long term. Factory calibration will not serve forever, display parameters are changing over time. But I think this is not so important for LED-screens already. Though you may want your own calibration target.
 
Man, this screen would be perfect if it had a VESA mount.

Guess it's the ACD for me after all. I just can't justify the expense, but oh well.
 
Back
Top