Samsung S27B970D experience?

Just picked this up, too tired to set it up and compare now...will do it later this week.

Not sure if I am going to keep it but this but if it is a perfect panel and I do not keep it, I may let it go for a small premium for my time and testing efforts, given the online prices right now, around $975 to someone in SoCal for local pickup.

Observations so far: the display was very clean and even however the following drawbacks mean its likely going back:

1. two stuck pixels I found so far: barely noticeable but still this is a $800 display.
2. stand looks and feels great but tends to wobble quite bit compared to my zr2440w
3. there is ips/pls glow which is quite obvious but masked somewhat by the glass front
4. the glass front means working in a lighted environment will always be tricky

Microcenter but thats an ok price for this now given that the asus and viewsonic ones with the same panel n better stands are the same price or less, no way is this worth a grand or more.

Observations so far: the display was very clean and even however the following drawbacks mean its likely going back:
Please can you test the sleep mode when the monitor is connected via the DisplayPort?

Last edited:
Back