Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 57" 7680x2160 super ultrawide (mini-LED)

$3300 is a LOT of money for a display. I know this is supposed to be a niche monitor, but what kind of OLED TVs you can get with that amount?

Where do you see that at?

I figured he saw the canadian bestbuy link and mistakenly assumed it was 3300 usd instead of canadian dollars and then converted up from there.

I'm getting more excited about this monitor for flight sim use. But alas, I think this may be on the backburner awaiting the NVIDIA 5000 series for DP 2.1.

I think I read recently that nvidia stated that they aren't going to release 5000 series until 2025. If so this screen if I buy one year end 2023/new year 2024 period will be a year or so wait for a 5000 series card, especially if their better ones are later in the cycle. I had my oled without hdmi 2.1 for several months before I got a 3000 series gpu though. Nvidia has a history of not including the next gen port on a middling gpu gen. (Were stuck on 30hz 4k on 900 series til they released 1000 series with hdmi 1.4, then were stuck on hdmi 1.4 on 1000 and 2000 series gpus for 4k 60hz until they released the 3000 series with hdmi 2.1 for 4k 120hz).

https://www.techradar.com/computing/gpu/nvidia-rtx-5000-gpus-everything-we-know-so-far

https://me.pcmag.com/en/graphics-ca...sts-next-gen-rtx-cards-wont-arrive-until-2025

$3300 is a LOT of money for a display. I know this is supposed to be a niche monitor, but what kind of OLED TVs you can get with that amount?

Even so, in relation to that 5000 series gpu roadmap I wonder what other gaming tvs/monitors will be on the horizon and in the news by the time the 5000 series gpus are out too.

You can probably get a modern 77" 4k OLED, for living room usually, for $3300.

The samsung odyssey super ultrawides have been $2200 in their early product cycle I believe which is another thing to compare to. Which after tax in some places like where I live would be almost $2400.

We still don't know what the price tag on the TCL version would be. Likely high as well but maybe a little less. Samsung overcharges for some premium stuff. Just look at the ark's price tag when it came out ~ $3500 (+ tax). That was november 2022 though, currently it's going for $2000 so prices may drop if you aren't stuck on being an early adopter.

Last edited:
I'd say you have to think about it more like "what does an equivalent dual monitor setup cost?" Depending on what you choose it can be more, it can be less. The price for the Samsung is fine really, the superultrawides have never been cheap. The first Neo G9 launched at around 2500 euros if I remember correctly. I expect with the weaker euro, inflation etc an EU price tag around 2800-3000 euros is likely for this new model.

Samsung does regularly discount their stuff, so if you can wait, you might get it somewhat cheaper. Here in Finland they had the Neo G8 for 999 euros during Christmas sales the same year the display launched and then it has been about 1299-1399 until a recent summer sale had it for 899.

All good. There is a lot of material across a lot of pages and duplicated across multiple sources.

I was just thinking of something that might be of interest. I think that the TCL 4k and 8k TVs all have dolby vision support where the samsung's don't. So, among other potential differences between the two mfg's models - the TCL version of this 7680x2160 screen may get dolby vision support.

I was just thinking of something that might be of interest. I think that the TCL 4k and 8k TVs all have dolby vision support where the samsung's don't. So, among other potential differences between the two mfg's models - the TCL version of this 7680x2160 screen may get dolby vision support.
Maybe, but I just don't see that as much of an advantage. I see some streaming services and consoles support Dolby Vision but even then I only can tell DV is used from the popup in the corner of my LG OLED TV.

To me the choice between Samsung vs TCL comes down to cost, availability (TCL TVs are not common here in Finland), the stand and firmware quality.

Since the Samsung is a whopping 15 kg behemoth without stand, I really wonder if they have beefed up the stand. My experience with the 49" superultrawides is that the stock stand is just a little bit wobbly which is noticeable when you are furiously typing that hot take comment on social media. ;) With probably no monitor arms capable of supporting these things, the stock stand quality matters.

For firmware we already know Samsung is typically pretty terrible on launch. The OLED G9 seems to have been released in a pretty shoddy condition for software. With Samsung pushing the smart TV stuff to all their displays now, it remains to be seen if the new 57" model will be convenient or annoying to work with. I'm hoping the OLED G9 lets them work on software issues and use that same code to have the 57" model behave better right on release. But that might be wishful thinking. If you can wait, by the time the fw is in a decent condition you might be able to buy the monitor on discount.

I have no idea where TCL stands on firmware quality. Based on the images of the display, I like the design of their stand much better. It looks like something where I could cram my audio interface under the display whereas the V shape stand on the Samsung is often just inconvenient. TCL's stand also looks like it could be potentially more stable but since it's a matter of physics, it's possibly the V stand on Samsung is superior anyway.

All good. There is a lot of material across a lot of pages and duplicated across multiple sources.

There's a TCL version of this screen?

EDIT: nvm found it here: https://wccftech.com/tcl-csot-unvei...urved-gaming-display-with-240hz-refresh-rate/

Last edited:

Is it just standard DV or both DV & DV Gaming modes on the TCL?
IIRC the A95K which supported DV in Movies & TV shows couldn't play any Games using DV mode and probably still can't to this day.

I'd say you have to think about it more like "what does an equivalent dual monitor setup cost?" Depending on what you choose it can be more, it can be less. The price for the Samsung is fine really, the superultrawides have never been cheap. The first Neo G9 launched at around 2500 euros if I remember correctly. I expect with the weaker euro, inflation etc an EU price tag around 2800-3000 euros is likely for this new model.

Samsung does regularly discount their stuff, so if you can wait, you might get it somewhat cheaper. Here in Finland they had the Neo G8 for 999 euros during Christmas sales the same year the display launched and then it has been about 1299-1399 until a recent summer sale had it for 899.
$1500 is usually the cap anyone is willing to pay for a monitor, the very best ones sit around that range. This might just be my preference, but I would rather to spend around $2500~$3000 for 2 different high-end monitors just for sake of flexbility and variety. I could, for example, get an Odyssey Neo G8+ any OLED model.
I can also set either of them in portrait mode when needed.

I understand a market for superultrawide monitors exist, otherwise this monitor wouldnt exist, but imo buying 2 monitors is more reasonable (and way less of a pain to ship).

Maybe, but I just don't see that as much of an advantage. I see some streaming services and consoles support Dolby Vision but even then I only can tell DV is used from the popup in the corner of my LG OLED TV.

To me the choice between Samsung vs TCL comes down to cost, availability (TCL TVs are not common here in Finland), the stand and firmware quality.

Since the Samsung is a whopping 15 kg behemoth without stand, I really wonder if they have beefed up the stand. My experience with the 49" superultrawides is that the stock stand is just a little bit wobbly which is noticeable when you are furiously typing that hot take comment on social media. ;) With probably no monitor arms capable of supporting these things, the stock stand quality matters.

For firmware we already know Samsung is typically pretty terrible on launch. The OLED G9 seems to have been released in a pretty shoddy condition for software. With Samsung pushing the smart TV stuff to all their displays now, it remains to be seen if the new 57" model will be convenient or annoying to work with. I'm hoping the OLED G9 lets them work on software issues and use that same code to have the 57" model behave better right on release. But that might be wishful thinking. If you can wait, by the time the fw is in a decent condition you might be able to buy the monitor on discount.

I have no idea where TCL stands on firmware quality. Based on the images of the display, I like the design of their stand much better. It looks like something where I could cram my audio interface under the display whereas the V shape stand on the Samsung is often just inconvenient. TCL's stand also looks like it could be potentially more stable but since it's a matter of physics, it's possibly the V stand on Samsung is superior anyway.

Those are valid concerns you mentioned. Here is my take atm on some of those.

Screen Mount:
-----------------------
Personally I've used huge ergotron arms in the past but I mount all of my larger screens on floor stands now, decoupled from the desk completely so the default stand doesn't matter to me. Even when I had them on arms I ended up mounting those on a narrow desk against a wall while using a separate semi-circle/kidney shaped island desk for my peripherals. In either case the screens were decoupled from my peripherals desk and on strong enough mounts. Maybe if you jumped up and down on the floor enough or dropped something heavy you'd get some movement but typing and peripheral use wouldn't touch them.
Slim TV "rail spine" stand prices vary but in general a solid one isn't very expensive here. They are $80 to $150 usd typically. They can be butted up to the back of the desk practically if you still want a screen that close for some reason. With an ultrawide there is less reason to move a screen around or put it in portrait mode anyway but some of the more expensive floor stands can rotate 90 deg (if people are usuing a screen in portrait exclusively they could just mount a screen onto any stand sideways though). Long story short I gave up on relying on default stands for most monitors and tvs a long time ago. A good stand (or arm) can last a long time through multiple screens so is a pretty worthwhile purchase imo. I even replaced my 77" c1 tv stand with a 3rd party one though it's still on a long, low height tv hutch thing. I love the stand.

Smart Apps/OS
----------------------
I typically use a nvidia shield for smart apps rather than smartTV software ecosystem/OS so that doesn't matter much to me outside of HDR youtube (shield doesn't have the chip youtube requires for hdr but every other shield app has hdr/dolby vision e.g. netflix, primevideo, disney, emby/plex stuff, etc). HDR youtube also works in chrome off of a PC rig input. The actual OSD and functionality, including firmware and update roadmaps/frequency of screens themselves matters a lot though, and especially would suck if a mfg tried to force advert/showcase services and banner stuff everywhere unavoidably just to use the menus if that is what you were getting at. Even the shield has some banner junk by default but I use a custom front end/menu app to avoid that so that i just get the tiles/icons of the apps I want to see (can even use custom images if desired) and nothing else.

DolbyVison
-------------------
DV looks better to me on my LG OLEDs than HDR10 (not commenting on HDR10+ much here). I've watched content of both, or mistakenly on a few occasions had DV turned off after a fw update on my nvidia shield and then turned it back on when I realized it didn't kick in on a show/movie. HDR10 looks very good though. If some content lacks DV, HDR10 is still a good option. DV has been mastered on a per scene basis so is tweaked better contrast, brightness, color, nits per area. It can be better at preserving specular highlights without blowing details out/clipping, and is just balanced better overall usually. The dolby vision out of the box calibration on LG TVs might be better than the out of the box calibration for HDR10 too, so ymmv, meaning you may be able to tweak HDR10 to look/perform a little better than out of the box HDR10 to narrow the difference from out of the box HDR10 vs out of the box DV a little. That is, HDR10 by default may look worse than it potentially could after tweaking/calibration . . . but even so DV/HDR10+ will still have better details/balancing in scenes. Nothing earth shattering but it will look better. There are also variables in the end results like content converted to DV instead of being native DV, streaming service's dynamic bandwidth/compression vs UHD versions from discs and rips, the specs of the screen causing limitations (nits, OLED - per pixel, sustained and abl limitations, vs FALD zone non-uniformity, etc). That's mostly in regard to movies and streamed shows, though there are some DV games too.

QC of Samsung and TCL, firmware/support histories
------------------------------------------------------------------------
The QC/longevity on TCL might be a question but the only personal exp I have is in reference to a few of their bottom of the barrel cheap TVs I had at some point. Their top tier stuff might be better idk. Samsung's QC (on monitors specifically rather than phones and tablets) hasn't sounded that great lately besides. I'm not knowledgeable enough about both company's firmware history and QC issues but I've heard a few samsung models have been left alone for a long time fw wise and that some of the uw's had hardware failings even after multiple swaps/returns. The ark (released in nov 2022) just got a fw update though I've read, where people thought it had been abandoned support wise, but that screen also had reports of outright hardware failings after purchase requiring returns just like some of the samsung uw/superuw reports. From my experience, LG has been the strongest in this arena particularly their firmware update history support and features wise and throughout years of the screen's lifetime, so switching teams would concern me some. I'd probably spring for the bestbuy warranty considering - though that doesn't do anything in regard to fw update frequency/focus.

Last edited:
$1500 is usually the cap anyone is willing to pay for a monitor, the very best ones sit around that range. This might just be my preference, but I would rather to spend around $2500~$3000 for 2 different high-end monitors just for sake of flexbility and variety. I could, for example, get an Odyssey Neo G8+ any OLED model.
I can also set either of them in portrait mode when needed.

I understand a market for superultrawide monitors exist, otherwise this monitor wouldnt exist, but imo buying 2 monitors is more reasonable (and way less of a pain to ship).
For me, a single superultrawide is nicer specifically for work. I find it a lot more comfortable than two screens that are never quite right in placement vs having that big superultrawide right in front of you.

I'm currently using a 16" Macbook Pro + 28" 4K display and it's fine, but just that little bit awkward where I need to use virtual desktops more than I would like whereas I had a better view of multiple apps on the Samsung CRG9 I used to have, just missed the higher resolution.

The superultrawide format has its own challenges for sure but I like it, considering I'm not the kind of person to have a massive battlestation setup that looks like it's from The Matrix.

QC of Samsung and TCL, firmware/support histories
------------------------------------------------------------------------
The QC/longevity on TCL might be a question but the only personal exp I have is in reference to a few of their bottom of the barrel cheap TVs I had at some point. Their top tier stuff might be better idk. Samsung's QC (on monitors specifically rather than phones and tablets) hasn't sounded that great lately besides. I'm not knowledgeable enough about both company's firmware history and QC issues but I've heard a few samsung models have been left alone for a long time fw wise and that some of the uw's had hardware failings even after multiple swaps/returns. The ark (released in nov 2022) just got a fw update though I've read, where people thought it had been abandoned support wise, but that screen also had reports of outright hardware failings after purchase requiring returns just like some of the samsung uw/superuw reports. From my experience, LG has been the strongest in this arena particularly their firmware update history support and features wise and throughout years of the screen's lifetime, so switching teams would concern me some. I'd probably spring for the bestbuy warranty considering - though that doesn't do anything in regard to fw update frequency/focus.
I've had several Samsungs. CRG9 superultrawide, currently own 2x G70A and I used to have the KS8000 TV too. The KS8000 was so bad for its smart TV stuff that I ended up plugging a Chromecast to it because the stock apps would regularly get stuck or have to be reset for it to work. By comparison LG WebOS on the C9 and CX has been pretty good, with only a few streaming app crashes.

The CRG9 was a solid product with at most inconveniences rather than any real issues.

The G70A is also pretty good but it has a weird quirk where if a game is running at 60 Hz (like Elden Ring for example), then input lag is much higher if the display is set at 120 or 144 Hz. To get around this I just have one of the preset buttons configured to set the OSD to max refresh rate of 60 Hz and this somehow solves the problem. No such problem if the game is running unlocked framerate like most are.

A friend of mine has the G7 1440p 240 Hz and he's had a load of trouble with it, from failing joystick to weird issues requiring replacement and repairs. It seems the G7 and G9 series in particular have been problematic for people but then again the people with no problems aren't posting on the internet.

So hits and misses.

For me, a single superultrawide is nicer specifically for work. I find it a lot more comfortable than two screens that are never quite right in placement vs having that big superultrawide right in front of you.

Agreed. I never liked dual-monitor setups, and tolerated them only in the old days when there wasn't a good alternative. Beyond what you mentioned, there's also the issue of placing speakers in such setups - no really good way to do it, and I like good sound.

Agreed. I never liked dual-monitor setups, and tolerated them only in the old days when there wasn't a good alternative. Beyond what you mentioned, there's also the issue of placing speakers in such setups - no really good way to do it, and I like good sound.
Speakers are problematic with superultrawide too. If placed on the sides of the 49" model my Genelecs had a way too wide stereo image.

My plan is to mount them on stands above the 57" screen and tilted forward.

Speakers are problematic with superultrawide too. If placed on the sides of the 49" model my Genelecs had a way too wide stereo image.

My plan is to mount them on stands above the 57" screen and tilted forward.

Putting them on the sides of my 40" works, but 57" will indeed be more challenging...

My solution has been iloud micro monitors since they fit underneath at the ideal equilateral triangle distance + they measure very well to boot:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...surements-and-quasi-anechoic-spinorama.10988/

If you're long neck Joe and can position your monitor higher than average you can get by with bigger speakers underneath. I personally really don't like speakers mounted above whether on stands or the wall because it just ruins a setup aesthetically IMO.

Putting them on the sides of my 40" works, but 57" will indeed be more challenging...
Yeah 40" is probably still fine where the stereo image is alright. 49" was just enough to overly widen the stereo image and 57" is a total no go.

Uhh after one hour on me UW OLED:

20230706_071449.jpg

20230706_071517.jpg

Reactions: Xar
like this
G95NC

Golf-Niner-Five- November - Charlie

Vs

G95SC

Golf-Niner-Five- Sierra - Charlie

. . .

Not much difference there yeah, bad naming convention.

Any of these would be easy to get for me:

G95 57" G95 49"

G95 2160 G95 1440

G95 FALD , G95 OLED

GoLF, GoFALD vs GOLD, GoOLED :confused:

I like to call the screen of this thread a "4k doublewide" categorically, which is easy to identify the TCL version with whenever that comes out too.

. . .

G95NC

Golf-Niner-Five- November - Charlie

Vs

G95SC

Golf-Niner-Five- Sierra - Charlie

. . .

Not much difference there yeah, bad naming convention.

Any of these would be easy to get for me:

G95 57" G95 49"

G95 2160 G95 1440

G95 FALD , G95 OLED

GoLF, GoFALD vs GOLD, GoOLED :confused:

I like to call the screen of this thread a "4k doublewide" categorically, which is easy to identify the TCL version with whenever that comes out too.

. . .
I would have also taken something like Neo G10 because it's a lot higher res than the G9 series. But then again Samsung made the 16:9 versions Neo G7 and G8 even though they are mostly the same thing. To me it seems like intentionally confusing when there's no clear pattern to it and then the name can be completely different per region, e.g my G70A is also called a LS28, S28 and 28" Odyssey G7.

Don't even get me started on the older TVs where KS8000 in the US was KS9000 in the UK and KS7005 in my country. Same exact spec. Like...why?

We should probably try to use the terms G95NC vs OLED G9 vs Neo G9, or Neo G9 8K2K vs OLED G9 vs Neo G9.

I compared the specs of the Neo G8 vs Neo G9 G95NC on the Bestbuy site to see how many similarities there are.

For SDR brightness they report 350 nits for the G8 and 420 nits for the G9, so that might bode well for HDR brightness too. The bigger enclosure and larger panel might allow for pushing the brightness further. The older 5120x1440 Neo G9 was able to get pretty bright, with a good bit better 50/100% window peak and sustained brightness than the 4K Neo G8.

I compared the specs of the Neo G8 vs Neo G9 G95NC on the Bestbuy site to see how many similarities there are.

For SDR brightness they report 350 nits for the G8 and 420 nits for the G9, so that might bode well for HDR brightness too. The bigger enclosure and larger panel might allow for pushing the brightness further. The older 5120x1440 Neo G9 was able to get pretty bright, with a good bit better 50/100% window peak and sustained brightness than the 4K Neo G8.
Maybe. I expect it to be just a double-wide Neo G8 panel, which would be good-enough for me. I just hope they finally get rid of the "scanlines".

I really hope Amazon preorder for this drops next week to take advantage of the 15% cash back using Prime CC that's active currently for Prime Day.

Still baffling to me that BB Canada of all places let's you place an order ATM.

That monitor issue he posted does suck though, and right after we mentioned QC. :sick:

1440p screens are pretty much dead to me in general at this point (on my main rig other than a few 1400/1600 ones I have laying around for other systems) . . and ~ 13" tall screens are too outside of laptops and tablets. Plus 1800R is barely curved at all, based on a ~ 71 inch radius circle (a semi-circle section of a 142 inch, 11 foot diameter table isn't much of curved segment). So those screens probably only have something like a 4" depth in the middle of the curve. This 57" superultrawide is even a bit short at ~ 15.4 inch height imo considering the relationship to the 1000R, 1000mm, ~ 40" radius curvature but the 32" 4k it's center is comparable to is almost perfect size for near viewing on a desk (up to 24" to 27" view distance typically) in regard to comparing to 16:9 flat screens. I just think the curvature should be more aggressive like 750R, 750mm, ~ 30 inch radius to match up closer to the desktop viewing distances.

A 32" 4k screen within the human central viewing angle:

60 deg viewing angle, 64 PPD = 24 inch view distance screen surface to eyeballs

50 deg viewing angle, 77 PPD = 30 inch view distance screen surface to eyeballs

30 inch view distance is asking a bit much for a normal desk sitting with peripherals on top, screen surface to eyeballs but you can get 64PPD to 70 PPD at a healthy 60 deg to 55 deg viewing angle at 24 inch to 27 inch view distance, respectively.

So a 32" is just about perfect size for mounting on a desk. I'd go as far as a 36" 4k on a desk though personally. At 60 deg viewing angle it would still only be at 27 inch view distance. Any bigger than that and you are better off decoupling the screen from the desk entirely using a simple thin spined floor tv stand with a flat foot or caster wheels (or wall mounting but that's much less modular and less adjustable) and moving the desk farther back from the screen.

Since there is nothing like this 4k doublewide coming out in OLED tech, and oled is kind of stalled out until 2025 it seems, the 4k doublewides have my attention for now. Also because the 8k screens/gaming tvs have some wrinkles they need to iron out yet are still fairly high priced at that . . and also seem to be stalled out on future releases until 2025. Nvidia 5000 series gpus (with dp 2.1 presumably) probably not until 2025 either so that seems like a better timeframe across the board really.

Maybe. I expect it to be just a double-wide Neo G8 panel, which would be good-enough for me. I just hope they finally get rid of the "scanlines".

Neo G8 only had scanlines at 240Hz which you won't be able to do on this monitor anyway with a 4090 due to lack of DP 2.1.

Neo G8 only had scanlines at 240Hz which you won't be able to do on this monitor anyway with a 4090 due to lack of DP 2.1.
It has scanlines at 120Hz as well. They're more subtle, but if you look closely, you see them.

HDMI might be the way to go with the 57" monitor until DP2.1 comes.

Screenshot 2023-07-10 204032.png

Unfortunately looks like this monitor falls to the same thing that bothers me about most curved displays - the curvature isn't uniform. Looks like about 1/6th of the display is flat on either side.

Unfortunately looks like this monitor falls to the same thing that bothers me about most curved displays - the curvature isn't uniform. Looks like about 1/6th of the display is flat on either side.

Personally, I haven't found that to be bothersome on the Neo G8. I just don't notice it at all when using the monitor.

View attachment 582574
Based on the older Neo G9 I didn't find it noticeable in person. Sure it would be nice if it was a true 1000R curve all the way, but it's not some dealbreaker.

I'd rather this kind of curve if I had a choice. I've never seen one designed like this yet unfortunately.

This is 1000R = 1000mm = ~ 40inch radius or focal point of the curve. It would be the same if sitting at the center of any circle's semi-circle segment like that though. For example a 750R (700mm --> 30inch radius/focal point).

The red line shows a screen designed long enough to be into your periphery for immersion while seated at the focal point of the curve, where all of the pixels will be on axis pointed directly at you.

The solid blue wedge is the 60 to 50 degree central human viewing angle, with the dark curved line showing a screen matching that exactly.

The transparent wedge is when you are sitting nearer than the focal point (causes non-uniformity, distortion the farther from the center of the screen) , but getting a little peripheral from even the ~60deg semicircle for immersion. Most people are sitting a lot closer than that though I think due to the way current screens are designed dimensions vs curvature, plus considering those factors combined with limits of being mounted atop of of desk's dimensions.

2a2X3eB.png

Last edited:
Someone on Reddit found a product page for the Neo G9 57"!

https://www.samsung.com/latin_en/mo...57-inch-240hz-curved-dual-uhd-ls57cg950nnxza/

Key things:

* For the world's first full DUHD and 240Hz ultra high performance support, the graphics card being used must support DP 2.1 (UHBR 13.5 and above) or HDMI 2.1 (FRL 12Gbps). Actual specifications and support may vary by graphics card. Please refer to your graphics card specifications for more details.

So it has full 48 Gbps HDMI 2.1 ports, thus 240 Hz @ 8-bit color is possible over HDMI. It remains to be seen if they use the so far unused DSC 3.75:1 ratio compression to also do 10-bit 240 Hz or if it's just 200-220 Hz @ 10-bit with DSC 3:1 ratio.

2392 dimming zones, so double the Neo G8's dimming zones, as expected.

It's VESA DisplayHDR 1000 certified, which afaik is pretty rare for Samsung. No mention of the HDR2000 bollocks. I hope this means that it will follow EOTF better and they have really tried to push this as a true flagship monitor.

3x HDMI 2.1 ports is also confirmed, as well as a USB 3.0 hub. Whether it has USB-C or USB-B -> USB-A to computer is unknown, USB-C would be more convenient. The picture about connectivity does show a USB-C icon but that might be just marketing material.

Interestingly the KVM Switch is also marked as "Yes" in the specs list, so remains to be seen if it actually has something like that. I expect all specs to be poorly copy pasted stuff.

The "brightness (min)" section is also weird as it says 350 nits there but I assume this might be another bad copy paste or is instead meant to indicate some panel to panel variance since there's the "brightness (typical)" section at 420 nits.

There's also no mention of any smart TV capabilities but it could be an incomplete product page.

I also recommend trying the AR option on the top of the page near the images if you read the site with a phone or tablet. It looks pretty massive on my desk, in a good way.

Nice. I hope they release it soon, and that they got rid of the "scanlines". VA viewing angles are poor, but hopefully the edges will still look ok thanks to the curve.

It's a heavy beast at 42lbs. Need to watch out for back injury while lifting it and moving it around the desk!

Nice. I hope they release it soon, and that they got rid of the "scanlines". VA viewing angles are poor, but hopefully the edges will still look ok thanks to the curve.
Yeah I really hope so too. I was totally fine with the viewing angles on the CRG9 I had even if they had their issues, so for me at least it's not a major detriment as long as it otherwise works well.

It's a heavy beast at 42lbs. Need to watch out for back injury while lifting it and moving it around the desk!
For sure. I'll probably clear my whole desk before trying to put that thing on it. I also wonder if any VESA arm is even able to handle it.

The real trouble will be my two big Genelec studio monitors currently on my desk. I'll probably have to pole mount them above the display, aimed a bit downward and move my desk away instead.

I use Genelec 8030C which won't fit on my desk with this monitor. Not sure what to do yet. I may put them on stands on the sides of the desk, but the stereo image will be too wide.

Back