Samsung New 120Hz 3D Models S23A750, S27A750, S23A950 and S27A950

Plus you get 2 Roy Orbinson battery specs free with any samsung display you buy.

1. Organization A states that a flow of 3 gallons per minute of oil will go down a tube

2. Company B builds a pipe to handle a flow of 3 gallons per minute

3. Organization A now decides that it will now send 5 gallons per minute down the tube.

Oops. Pipe has already been built, it just can't handle the additional oil flow.
That is what happened. New cables had to be made to handle more bandwidth, or existing ones had to be re-spec'd to state that they can't go as far with the higher speed signals.

actually spoony, the whole upgrade path, pc's and displays and interconnects and the whole world upgrade in electronics is a clever thought out marekting strategy to make the customer spend money annualy on upgrades. i dont remember the marketing name... its under profit. thats how it works. and 90% of the customers actually think this tft technology is great, everyone has bought into it, every year u see some improvements in it and its never going to end. just get a crt tube and be done with it, all this tech is junk to start with, they throw in some intelligent names and fool the customers thinking they will be happy with it, its marketing, all bs. we could have had 120hz 15 years ago.

whats up with oled anyway? they not gonna release it cause it would make all the lcd panels obsolete? and they are going to milk the customers for as much as they can until they see profit in that as well?

how come we ran 2048x1536@90hz on crt monitors through VGA back in the 80's? They werent able to design a cable to carry the bandwidth digitally to start with? think again. there are no oops. its math.

the earth pole is melting! send me your money! save the planet!

Last edited:
So, I got the S23A750. I assume basically all the panels are similar. Anyone have settings they found to be particularly good? Of course my came in full retina torch mode and I've been tweaking it, but wondering if anyone has reasonably "calibrated" setting to start out with.

So far I enjoy the monitor for what it is (120hz TN 2D). Very smooth and silky and I like glossy displays; nice change in that regard from all the sparkle eips panels I have had in the past. Only complaint is the natural vertical angle color shift which is inevitable. Otherwise I think its the best and most aesthetic 120hz gaming TN out there. I was previously running a 17" Envy 3D 120hz notebook but it was running out of graphics steam and I new I had to go back to desktop.

actually spoony, the whole upgrade path, pc's and displays and interconnects and the whole world upgrade in electronics is a clever thought out marekting strategy to make the customer spend money annualy on upgrades. i dont remember the marketing name... its under profit. thats how it works. and 90% of the customers actually think this tft technology is great, everyone has bought into it, every year u see some improvements in it and its never going to end. just get a crt tube and be done with it, all this tech is junk to start with, they throw in some intelligent names and fool the customers thinking they will be happy with it, its marketing, all bs. we could have had 120hz 15 years ago.

whats up with oled anyway? they not gonna release it cause it would make all the lcd panels obsolete? and they are going to milk the customers for as much as they can until they see profit in that as well?

how come we ran 2048x1536@90hz on crt monitors through VGA back in the 80's? They werent able to design a cable to carry the bandwidth digitally to start with? think again. there are no oops. its math.

the earth pole is melting! send me your money! save the planet!

Tin_foil_hat_2.png

So, I got the S23A750. I assume basically all the panels are similar. Anyone have settings they found to be particularly good? Of course my came in full retina torch mode and I've been tweaking it, but wondering if anyone has reasonably "calibrated" setting to start out with.

So far I enjoy the monitor for what it is (120hz TN 2D). Very smooth and silky and I like glossy displays; nice change in that regard from all the sparkle eips panels I have had in the past. Only complaint is the natural vertical angle color shift which is inevitable. Otherwise I think its the best and most aesthetic 120hz gaming TN out there. I was previously running a 17" Envy 3D 120hz notebook but it was running out of graphics steam and I new I had to go back to desktop.

This review has calibrated settings for the 27" model. It shouldn't be all that different compared to the 23" model, so take it for a spin if you wish. In any case monitors are individuals, and the ambient lighting is a factor too.

I just ordered mine last friday, hopefully I'll get this week. :)

Back