Samsung Launches iPhone 5 'Attack Ad'

I'd say it was a marginal attack on iPhone users at the start there ("headphone jack...ON THE BOTTOM *mind blown*"), but nothing they said later was really untrue in any way.

Kinda funny.

The sad part is I remember iPhone reviews slamming the original Galaxy S line because the headphone jack was on the bottom. Now it's on the top of the Galaxies and the bottom of the iPhones.

I know somewhere there is an argument going on about how that's the perfect spot for a headphone jack and Samsung has it wrong.

"We have a big screen"

"We have an even bigger screen"

But I don't want a huge screen on my PHONE, if I want a bigger screen, I'll get a Tablet. I like phone sized phones in my pocket and in my hands.

Love all the features on the Galaxy S3 except for the ridiculously large screen. I'm not on the side that increasing screen sizes is good for MOBILE phones. I don't think a bigger screen is a good feature.

It's fine. After less than a week I stopped noticing a difference. It's thin, it's light it slides right into my pocket.

Then again, I'm 6'3" and can palm a basketball. Not that I would ever have reason to.

I'll get an iphone 5 simply because my wife has an iphone 4s and won't change. Frankly, we both enjoy the games and the UI which feel better than Android UIs to me. However, outside of that, yeah Android is over-taking Apple in a large number of ways. I was rather annoyed when they announced that the screen was only vertically and not horizontally increased. :(

That and they changed the interface plug which is so awkward. I don't have any major accessories but I'll have to buy a small number of those "adapters". :p

I will admit though, Samsung's products are making me more and more want to try and convince the wife away from Apple. However, until the UI and functions are as smooth as IOS, it won't happen. I went to an ATT store and used an S3, and it STILL doesn't feel as smooth to use as an Iphone. Websurfing, while larger, wasn't as smooth nor easily zoomable. I haven't seen any games yet for the new Androids but the old ones made me cringe massively.

We'll see what the next year brings.

Slam attack! 40000 damage!
It was clearly over 9000!

ngbbs4f27a2659414c.jpg

Could be volume of production or something though for the micro-USB. Though I heard (not completely sure) that Apple charges a royalty for producing 30-pin cables since they are proprietary.

Suprised the OP from the IP5 thread in the mobile section isn't in here raving at all of you :rolleyes:.

OMG I am so tempted to take my GS3 to the Apple store line and just parade around like the video... :D :D : D

Hah. I kinda wanna wait in line at one of these apple stores and just pick a fight with the most ridiculous fanboys ever.

I just ordered a iphone 5.. I have had droid phones for close to 4 years now. I really just want a phone that works. One that gets updated regualy and doesn't lock up or shit it's self. I got a LG spectrum in feb, promised that it would get ICS buy 2Q here it is Sep and still no update(even though lg has it done FU verizon). I'm not into rooting my phone or messing with it. It's a phone, it should fit in my pocket. Shouldn't get hot on my leg because it's got a quad core in it. Should have a battery life that lasts more then my work shift. Yes apple is stupid simpe blah blah blah..But the damn thing works it's smooth it gets updates..Hell my friends old ass 3gs is getting IOS 6. I just want a damn phone that works. and doesn't have a bunch of bloat ware shit all over it. Why I bought a Iphone 5 :)

ahem, you forgot black friday in your list.

For black friday you are in line for a sale though, not for an item. The price is what you're waiting for, and if you got $100 off an iPhone I could probably see the justification in standing in line. The "I need to have it before anyone else does" mentality is just silly.

99% off Hard hates apple. Get it now?

This. Everytime I hear/see some "bad" news about Apple, I always like to peak in on the thread and see the Fandroids go crazy. Sigh . . .

The funny thing is that this will hurt Apple and iPhone sales, oh I'd say around 0%. People are still going to buy iPhones regardless of the hipster commercials. Jussayin.

Well I was little off, I didn't know there was a difference between S3 versions. As for the iPhone 5, I thought it was 512mb like the 4s. Oops.

But anyways, my point was Samsung doesn't say why they need all that power, just that they have it. iPhone 4s is still faster than the S3 (except cellular data internet speed of course), nevermind the iPhone 5. They're not going to tell you that.

So far I haven't seen a need for 2GB of ram on my S3, as it rarely uses over 1GB, however, I also didn't have a need for more than 640KB at one time :)

As for your 4s being faster than the S3, based on what? Some Apple optimized benchmark? Or are you picking one aspect of the UI that happens to be smother on the 4s?
In most benchmarks the 4s doesn't even come close the the S3 in raw performance.

So far I haven't seen a need for 2GB of ram on my S3, as it rarely uses over 1GB, however, I also didn't have a need for more than 640KB at one time :)

As for your 4s being faster than the S3, based on what? Some Apple optimized benchmark? Or are you picking one aspect of the UI that happens to be smother on the 4s?
In most benchmarks the 4s doesn't even come close the the S3 in raw performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msPHKs8cmbs

And there's the fact that I'm an owner of a 4s and my girlfriend's got an S3. She frequently comment about the sluggish feel of the S3 as well, but what do I know? I go by Apple optimized benchmarks. :rolleyes:

I suppose you have a site or two that can back your claims up as well? Or maybe we can agree that both phones have apps that runs better on one or the other?

I just ordered a iphone 5.. I have had droid phones for close to 4 years now. I really just want a phone that works.

Sure it works, as long as you don't need to replace the battery, upgrade the flash memory, mind buying a nonstandard cable, or mind having to load iTunes just to copy a file from the phone.

No thanks, that's 4 reasons I'll stick with my S3.
(I would have just said Android, but some companies like HTC are following Apples lead with non-replaceable batteries and no SD slots.)

I just ordered a iphone 5.. I have had droid phones for close to 4 years now. I really just want a phone that works. One that gets updated regualy and doesn't lock up or shit it's self. I got a LG spectrum in feb, promised that it would get ICS buy 2Q here it is Sep and still no update(even though lg has it done FU verizon). I'm not into rooting my phone or messing with it. It's a phone, it should fit in my pocket. Shouldn't get hot on my leg because it's got a quad core in it. Should have a battery life that lasts more then my work shift. Yes apple is stupid simpe blah blah blah..But the damn thing works it's smooth it gets updates..Hell my friends old ass 3gs is getting IOS 6. I just want a damn phone that works. and doesn't have a bunch of bloat ware shit all over it. Why I bought a Iphone 5 :)

I'm sorry you chose a crap phone, and use it's flaws to somehow bias you against a good phone like the GS3. I've owned a Spectrum (got it for cheap off craigslist) and a GS3, and they are night and day. LG is known for making terrible software, and is known for abandoning their old products without updating them. Don't blame Android/Samsung for your poor research.

And regarding updates, there are very, VERY few things that iOS6 can do that Android 2.3 (gingerbread) can't, while the converse is not true. There are very few apps that require Android 4.0/4.1, and so are of minor importance to most users. I rarely ever have a crash on my GS3 (maybe 3 app closures over the last several weeks) and those were limited to an alternate launcher I was playing around with. I have a hard time killing the battery in a day both in town with full 4G connectivity, and out in the coutry with limited 3G connectivity, and if I rarely use my phone, I can get about 2 days use out of it without charging without turning off syncing, etc (exchange, gmail, and yahoo sync/push notifications).

My parents routinely type web addresses into the search bar on their computer (aka, non-techie) and yet rave about how much they love the GS3's they bought recently, loading various reading apps, and games for their grandchildren.

It's Pepsi vs Jones Soda. If you want to choose Pepsi (iPhone) over Android (Jones) then so be it, nothing wrong with that. But there are differences...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msPHKs8cmbs

And there's the fact that I'm an owner of a 4s and my girlfriend's got an S3. She frequently comment about the sluggish feel of the S3 as well, but what do I know? I go by Apple optimized benchmarks. :rolleyes:

I suppose you have a site or two that can back your claims up as well? Or maybe we can agree that both phones have apps that runs better on one or the other?

Haven't noticed any of this "sluggish feel" you speak of since I got my S3.

This. Everytime I hear/see some "bad" news about Apple, I always like to peak in on the thread and see the Fandroids go crazy. Sigh . . .

The funny thing is that this will hurt Apple and iPhone sales, oh I'd say around 0%. People are still going to buy iPhones regardless of the hipster commercials. Jussayin.

It's sad when either side of the camp just bend over and accept what their favorite company puts in ads.

Like this one, all these sheep just parrot the same thing Samsung says.. like the last ad about the "sheep" lol..

Apple fans complain about Samsung fans or Android fans... let's face it, it's all about phones. whether you prefer a flexible/open platform or a closed platform, it's just a phone at the end of the day. Both platforms are sufficiently good for general users, and specific usage case scenarios can be made for both platforms to be better than the other.

Let's just be glad that Apple innovated with the iphone and brought us webkit based browsing (it's only real innovation at it's introduction), and be thankful for Android for it's contributions like the notification bar, among other things. Things that should be standard on BOTH platforms, and only serve to better the experience of us consumers.

Apple fans complain about Samsung fans or Android fans... let's face it, it's all about phones. whether you prefer a flexible/open platform or a closed platform, it's just a phone at the end of the day.

But . . . but . . . we wouldn't have anything to discuss on the Interwebz!!11

But . . . but . . . we wouldn't have anything to discuss on the Interwebz!!11

Unfortunately that's what it comes down to. Yet I still post in these threads... the very definition of insanity. No wonder this country is going to hell...

They only care about the shiny, sophisticated, yet simple looking case, and the cool looking apple logo on back

That they then cover with a thick plastic case...never understood why Apple insists on making products thin and light that require a case.

ouch truth hurts

"But if i get a new iphone i heard they all contain a little bit of Steve Jobs soul!!"

A DNA sample from his pecker? Gross...

ouch truth hurts

"But if i get a new iphone i heard they all contain a little bit of Steve Jobs soul!!"

I thought the ad was quite tactful and definitely not an Attack Ad as proclaimed by many. Agreed with another member, when the dude's parents walked-up I busted out laughing. Awesome! :D

Let's just be glad that Apple innovated with the iphone and brought us webkit based browsing (it's only real innovation at it's introduction), and be thankful for Android for it's contributions like the notification bar, among other things. Things that should be standard on BOTH platforms, and only serve to better the experience of us consumers.

You can thank the KDE Project for that innovation.

WebKit is based off of KHTML.

You can thank the KDE Project for that innovation.

WebKit is based off of KHTML.

Fair enough, however you can trace back practically anything... hell you can thank HTML 1.0, Archie, Gopher, whatever for enabling browsers in the first place. The fact is that in my memory (as someone who owned blackberries, Windows Mobile, Palm devices well before the iPhone) that the browser was the real impressive feature in the iPhone. It raised the standard in web browsing to new heights at the time, assuming you were on WiFi and not the pathetic 2G data the first one had...

If I had to buy an iPhone 5 it'll be because I don't want to have to repurchase all of my apps I've accumulated since my iPhone 3Gs, iPod Touch, and now iPhone 4s. Not because it's more of the same or because it's Apple.

I'm skipping the 5 though for a couple reasons: I'm an "s" guy. 3gs, 4s. I let everyone else beta test a major version and get the "s" revision. Second reason is, well I just got the 4s about 4 months ago, so I don't qualify for an upgrade for another year and a half.

Not everyone who buys iPhones are Jobs worshipers. It's convenient for some of us too. Also for me, it's a company phone (with a grandfathered unlimited data/voice/text plan) and I have no desire to give that up.

+infinity!

Myself and my fiance have a 4 and 4s respectively, but I don't really care that its an iphone. I've had an iphone since the 3G and I have acquired alot of apps and I'm just used to the interface so I stick with them, and I also don't run out and buy one at $400+, I just wait until my upgrade.

Back