Saints Row 4

Stuck in the air after completing Obey (Again) quest chain. Just me, the moon and grey all around.

Fixed it. Had Steam check file consistency and a file had to be reacquired.

Last edited:
Stuck in the air after completing Obey (Again) quest chain. Just me, the moon and grey all around. 20 hours into the game and 600 of those orbs collected. I guess I'll give this game a long rest. Back to Warframe.

Have someone join you in coop and start a mission for you.

Hasn't happened to me yet, but it did happen to the friend I am playing this with one time so far. Staring a mission that moved us somewhere else fixed it.

Feel free to add me if none of your friends are playing it.

I'll just leave this here:
ibcsjcxU4XDVkv.gif

It has been a blast this far :D
It's just stupidly fun to roam around with super sprint and wall running.

^ That's awesome.

Something wrong with my game, though. It keeps thinking my monitor is 60hz. If I delete the display.ini file and start the game, it will recreate it with a 120hz setting, but the next time I start it it changes back to 60. What gives? :(

Edit: Getting some pretty crap utilization in SLI, too.

Last edited:
^ That's awesome.

Something wrong with my game, though. It keeps thinking my monitor is 60hz. If I delete the display.ini file and start the game, it will recreate it with a 120hz setting, but the next time I start it it changes back to 60. What gives? :(

Edit: Getting some pretty crap utilization in SLI, too.

After you've loaded the game, alt-tab and look at the display.ini file, does it have an entry for refresh rate? If there is, set it to 120hz, then make the file read only, so the game can't overwrite it's own settings changes.

I'll just leave this here:

<snip>

It has been a blast this far :D
It's just stupidly fun to roam around with super sprint and wall running.

It's going to be on my GOTY shortlist for sure.

After you've loaded the game, alt-tab and look at the display.ini file, does it have an entry for refresh rate? If there is, set it to 120hz, then make the file read only, so the game can't overwrite it's own settings changes.

Tried that, it still uses 60 the next time I load the game (even though the file says 120). I found a workaround, though -- turning Vsync off and then back on each session does the trick.

All that's left is getting the game to use more than 60% of each card, even with Vsync off. :(

This things blows SR3 out of the water and is up there with SR2 (after you got it working that is)

The gags alone are cracking me up, and I might have wet myself a little in glee during Keith David's loyalty mission......

This things blows SR3 out of the water

I don't know about that...no day/night cycle, vehicles are practically optional/useless, SR3 did quite a few things better.

It's not bad, but it's not as exceptional as I thought it would be. It's basically a mixture of SR3 + Prototype (oh and Mechwarrior..lol)

I give it a solid 7/10, which is what most users on Metacritic are giving it...but I wouldn't go as far as GOTY.

Last edited:
I don't know about that...no day/night cycle, vehicles are practically optional/useless, SR3 did quite a few things better.

It's not bad, but it's not as exceptional as I thought it would be. It's basically a mixture of SR3 + Prototype (oh and Mechwarrior..lol)

I give it a solid 7/10, which is what most users on Metacritic are giving it...but I wouldn't go as far as GOTY.

I'm having a blast with it but I can understand and sympathize with your criticisms.

For me, gaming has now peaked.

http://www.twitch.tv/capta1nkirk/c/2799061

It will never be better than this :D

Seeing this video of the "dubstep gun" in action makes me wonder if I need to be twelve to appreciate this game.

I'd agree this isn't a GOTY by any stretch unless you're under the influence of dangerous narcotics. In a couple weeks the tsunami that is GTA5 will come washing over everything else including this title I'm afraid - a much more obvious GOTY candidate as long as we're talking about it though my money's on BF4.

I'm having a blast with it but I can understand and sympathize with your criticisms.

I think they almost did it, but somewhere in development they just got lost with SR4.

I'd agree this isn't a GOTY by any stretch unless you're under the influence of dangerous narcotics. In a couple weeks the tsunami that is GTA5 will come washing over everything else including this title I'm afraid - a much more obvious GOTY candidate as long as we're talking about it though my money's on BF4.

I think (if everything I've seen is correct) that GTA5 will spank BF4 and take GOTY. The BF series has just gotten...too repetitive, they make a new one every time they change their underwear. However, if GTA5 is as bad of a port as GTA IV was.../puke.

There's just as much a chance that gta5 will be another bad port as bf4 will be a minute upgrade to bf3. More of the same I fear.

Going to try this game and see. Was not overly into SR3. Loved the intro but it felt kind of meh after that. I didn't give it enough of a chance.

Was not overly into SR3. Loved the intro but it felt kind of meh after that. I didn't give it enough of a chance.

I liked SR3, but it was pretty repetitive and in the end I didn't bother doing a lot of the side quests. Overall not a $50 title, but I think I paid like $25 and it was worth it for that.

This is just hilariously crazy sandbox madness. GOTY? Depends... Probably not for me.

Some quirks about the game:

- Cars are obsolete now, which sucks for a game where driving is a large part.
- Side quests are a complete joke, they're basically mission markers for doing the mini-quests. They're not like real traditional side quests.

This is just hilariously crazy sandbox madness. GOTY? Depends... Probably not for me.

Yeah, I think I'm dialing back my GOTY shortlist call on this myself.

I'm having a lot of fun but it seems like they lost focus here. We have a mismash of several different games put together and thrown into what's essentially Saints Row 3.5.

lobski said:
Some quirks about the game:

- Cars are obsolete now, which sucks for a game where driving is a large part.
- Side quests are a complete joke, they're basically mission markers for doing the mini-quests. They're not like real traditional side quests.

Agreed.

I do think GTA 5 will do a serious eclipse on a lot of titles including this one.

On the bright side, Destructoid gave it a 9.5/10 and I trust that site's scores more than most.

Seeing this video of the "dubstep gun" in action makes me wonder if I need to be twelve to appreciate this game.

i couldn't even go beyond four hours in SR3, but between things like that (dubstep isn't music in my book), the matrix-like thing, and the super hero bs i'm going to avoid this. i can see though how some like being able to stomp everything without challenge and running around doing the same stuff doesn't get old. hopefully gta 5 will stay within bounds of possibilities.

i couldn't even go beyond four hours in SR3, but between things like that (dubstep isn't music in my book), the matrix-like thing, and the super hero bs i'm going to avoid this. i can see though how some like being able to stomp everything without challenge and running around doing the same stuff doesn't get old. hopefully gta 5 will stay within bounds of possibilities.

The bounds of possibilities .. in a video game :p

Anyway , Saints Row 4 is total fun. If you can't see the fun in it then I'm not sure how you got through 1-3. This game absolutely doesn't take itself seriously , if you want a serious story line with more realism I have no idea why you would even consider this game period. I mean you could choose a zombie voice over for the entire Saints Row The Third and it was hysterical..

Ignoring an entire video game because of a gun that mocks the very thing you don't like .. well that's your choice but you are missing out.

I don't see this as a GOTY candidate, but it is fun. I just prefer a semi-serious storyline, so after a while with Saints Row 3 I lost interest.

SRIV definitely isn't for everyone, no doubt, but I tend to think that those who really don't like The Third, and even more so IV, are not the kinda people I would ever want to hang out with in real life :D

I had a really good time playing The Third, as it was such a breath of fresh air for me at the time. It was just fun, nothing more or less. IV is that cranked to 11. IMHO it is an absolute blast, and is SUCH a nerd's game.

I don't know about GOTY, as the industry takes itself far too seriously nowadays to let a game that pisses all over it actually win an award, but if having fun while playing games means anything to anyone, it will certainly get some mention.

TL;DR If you like fun play SRIV. :D

"Marvel Saints Row 3.5" as the name and a $29 price tag would have been more appropriate, but...it is what it is.

Bring on GTA V and (hopefully)...a Sleeping Dogs 2 with multiplayer.

Last edited:
I made a girl in pigtails and the moment I reached the
pleasantville copycat
I really got a good laugh, the animation was perfect.

Why is the standard "GOTY candidate" for it to be appreciable and fun? This game is a blast, who cares if it's not The Last of Us or GTA5?

This is an option in the game?? Nuts.

That shader effect only used in certain parts of the game, also it can be enabled by a cheatcode "ascii".
Also I think the font size is fixed so the effect should look better on higher resolutions. Need to test that later.

Last edited:
I don't got the dubstep gun preorder bonus, but it is an awesome weapon in the game.

This game is a lot of fun, and even if the first parts of it don't lend themselves to having a lot of plot depth, there are some parts where you actually get to see a lot of depth from the characters in the game, especially characters that were in Saint's Row 2 and such. And the music they chose for some parts of it are perfect. I loved it where, at the end of the main story, Stan Bush's "The Touch" starts playing, and me being a huge Transformers fan, I really appreciated that. My wife was really happy with the music in the rest of the game, like "Lump" and "Opposites Attract" and such.

And then there's the endless other references. Keith David is talking to a crown at a podium, and someone is holding up a "I love Goliath" sign. And then, for some reason, Roddy Piper shows up. At the end of that sequence, Keith David says "You don't call Rowdy, he comes where he's needed!".

Bottom line is, the game is fun, has some seriousness to it, but itsn't designed with the plot being the driving force. If it sounds fun to you, then you will enjoy it.

I like the Saint's Row games and detest GTAIV. GTAIV was so boring. I never found a fun activity in it that made me want to play, other than seeing how long I could last at a high wanted level. I liked the earlier games a lot though! GTAIV was a snooze fest. It felt more like a badly written book than a game. Max Payne screamed 'Gangster" a lot harder than GTAIV did.

I hope GTAV goes back to it's roots and allows fun back into the game. That would be refreshing! I'll grab it when it comes to PC regardless. I always do out of appreciation for Rockstar porting their games to the PC.

Got to level 50 last night and all the new powers are a blast to use. I also actually like the dub step gun. Fully upgraded, not much stands in your way. There are some really interesting, fun over the top things in this game that I am finding new things every time I play.
Playing Co op is a blast also if the other person knows how to properly play sand box style games.

Too bad that after you finish the storyline you can't go on endless rampage with the xin, wardens always disturb the fun. I can honestly get warden to the battlefield in 2mins after starting to have little fun with the xin :(
It's a shame when you're totally powered up you could fight an entire army alone, but no.

Back