S.T.A.L.K.E.R : Lost Alpha news

Woohoo! installed last night!
bullets kill you quick :eek:
but..i got the run/crouch carry and sweetfx working in dx10!
FYI to run the sweet FX:
Drop SweetFX stuff in main folder,
Then move dlls and injector.ini to bin.

this game has finally defeated me. SSD, admin, new install. It tends to freeze, and when it does that it still keeps the top window which means it can't be killed in task manager. I guess I'll wait for the next version, which will not be saved game compatible, which is probably just as well since mine is borked with a "save the stalker" mission that can't be completed or removed, resulting in my traveling to the wrong place everytime a mission completes.

I'm right there with you. At this point (if all else fails), I may go for a marathon STALKER series run or continue playing Skyrim.

geez guys, is so bad to hear this, i dont even know what to say.. and mine is working so well, yeah it has its bugs here and them but nothing like that, im nearing the end of the game (or at least i think so), using a normal desktop w/ nvidia, intel.. other thing is that i never used quick save/load on a stalker game, i always go to the menu to do both, but is personal, i dont like how it feels (yeah im geeky enough to "feel" :p) the other way.. well, i'll keep posting here, see if i finish the game, its so big! they changed everything! :D

Man..every time i go to quicksave it locks up for about 35 seconds:mad:
or hit pause...grrr
-edit:fixed with 900mb pagefile..smooth now

Last edited:
everything was funny, laughing my ass off and having a great time, then, i ran out of bullets.. fuck. it. its payback time now, i loaded a previous save and brought lots of fucking bullets, i am a walking bag of bullets and all i have is pain - to deliver! will shoot the whole x10 lab, even inanimate objects, will fuck that lab up, REVENGE, grrrrr!

everything was funny, laughing my ass off and having a great time, then, i ran out of bullets.. fuck. it. its payback time now, i loaded a previous save and brought lots of fucking bullets, i am a walking bag of bullets and all i have is pain - to deliver! will shoot the whole x10 lab, even inanimate objects, will fuck that lab up, REVENGE, grrrrr!

QNrFPTP.gif

I assume ammo in this game weighs a ton or something, because even after I get rid of all the excess guns/junk I have, I still manage to keep accumulating weight and the only thing I can think of is either bandages or ammo.

I assume ammo in this game weighs a ton or something, because even after I get rid of all the excess guns/junk I have, I still manage to keep accumulating weight and the only thing I can think of is either bandages or ammo.

that ammo weighs a ton in complete too but not when you edit the weight so you can carry 150kg all day long without a sweat huh you cheater!

@DPI: white dog grrrrr! :p

whitedogrrr.gif

that ammo weighs a ton in complete too but not when you edit the weight so you can carry 150kg all day long without a sweat huh you cheater!

@DPI: white dog grrrrr! :p

whitedogrrr.gif

Only if you use the 9mm ammo. The thing with complete is that you can add that realistic gunplay mod, which makes it way better. The zombies in Lost Alpha take way too many bullets to kill and is extremely stupid IMO. I prefer the 5.56 guns anyways since they are generally more accurate over long distances(the 9mm has bullet drop after 300m or 400m)

No, it actually still adds up a significant amount, which is why I mentioned it. I only have a few weapons and nothing else majorly heavy, but I am carrying around like 90-100kg at all times.

I did find a Stalker suit which is pretty cool. :cool:

Zombies are damn bullet sponges. The rest of mutants go down easy, which is great.

Edit: GRRR.... tried going from the south entrance through the mines & it freezes up again! Something must be majorly glitched up w/ it. I'll come back to the game when they've fixed that. :mad:

Last edited:
Sooooo, if fox dies is forward progress stalled? I may have decided that killing everybody inside was the best way to go, annnd they wasted him before I could get to the guy in the room with him. Whoopsy.

Also, the gun play feels so much meatier over SoC. AI is a bit bugged though, I got above the guys guarding the opening in the railroad and was able to shoot them from above without issue. They never looked up or even moved while I was shooting them.

kind of have things working. running as admin, xp SP3 compatible. It mostly works but I found you CANNOT ever use quick load. Quick save works ok, quick load just hoses the game. It either takes forever or hangs. Also said screw it, adjusted the weight to 150....

Still waiting for a few patches. Sounds good though. I really wanted a more polished, stable STALKER 2 series. :(

meanwhile i just finished x10 and im going to chernobyl meet Voronin to get more quests..

@jiminator: why in the name of fuck would anyone run this game in compatible mode? it boggles the mind bro.

meanwhile i just finished x10 and im going to chernobyl meet Voronin to get more quests..

@jiminator: why in the name of fuck would anyone run this game in compatible mode? it boggles the mind bro.

sound drivers crash otherwise. Not a choice for me.

Still waiting for a few patches. Sounds good though. I really wanted a more polished, stable STALKER 2 series. :(

Same here,too many bugs to ruin the experience right now. I think the only way we'll ever see another commercially produced STALKER game is if the rights are sold to another developer,since GSC really doesn't exist as a game company any more.

Well, I changed stalker to use a generic software audio driver (the first) and unchecked everything for compatibility options, restarted, seems to run much better. I remember on previous stalkers I would get hangs on audio. That might be what causes much of the issues.

edit: runs much better. still crashes, but when it does it crashes quickly. levels now load fast including area transitions. those used to take 3 minutes

Last edited:
Well, I changed stalker to use a generic software audio driver (the first) and unchecked everything for compatibility options, restarted, seems to run much better. I remember on previous stalkers I would get hangs on audio. That might be what causes much of the issues.

edit: runs much better. still crashes, but when it does it crashes quickly. levels now load fast including area transitions. those used to take 3 minutes

If I understand your post correctly to say that there are two Generic Software choices in the sound settings, then keeping in mind that LA uses the CoP engine, you may find this thread to be of interest. I'm looking particularly at the last post, in which CoP's OpenAL.dll file is edited so that one of the Generic Software choices gets renamed to what it really is (Default DirectSound) which allows you to select it and get surround sound.

Thanks. I just use headphones, the 5.1 setup is overkill, especially since it all (mostly) works fine now..

Success! I figured out that I needed to revert back to the original gamedata files & then add the newest SLAM pack versions. All is well again & its very stable, even with the LAA patch applied the main executable.

The amount of places to go in LA is quite awesome. :D

Guys use JSGME for mods and add texture/sounds and Bug fixes from here. You can install other mods of course but those two are perfect for me until now (just finished Army Warehouse and heading back to bar to help Petrenko).

I'm using JSGME for ages for every game which was modded and for me it's the best thing invented after sliced bread. :D
You can install/uninstall mods with a single click and the best part is that the original game files remains untouched so no need to copy this, copy that, see what files makes problems, restore this, restore that.

You linked to a very old version of JSGME. Version 2.6.0.157 was the final version and can be downloaded here or here. It is no longer supported and its homepage is gone.

After I've handed off the documents from X18 to Duty & SIN, is the Rostok Factory the next area to go? Is Yantar as well? I received the next mission from SIN but not from Duty. The barkeep alluded to Yantar but never gave me anything to hunt down.

Last edited:
anyone get past the two helicopter mission at the bar? appears to be bugged for me and a lot of other people. reloading does not change anything

Yup. Latest SLAM Bug fixes did the trick for me. Just finished it a couple of hours ago. :)

anyone else hate the scopes? I found this: https://www.mediafire.com/?j3c7q505kt3vd27 that goes into the gamedata\textures folder. it restores the stalker SHoC scopes. There is a bit of distortion with the other mods but it works well enough. As is the default low contrast scopes are just annoying and make the game harder than it needs to be.

So where in the hell do I tell it to extract the files for the June 2010 directx sdk?

um, if it is a microsoft install, then anywhere, the relevant ones should be copied over. or chances are you already have dx installed, so just cancel that install.

Next official patch will require a fresh start. Oh boy...

Here is a quick recap of latest devs posts on forum.

Next official patch will require a fresh start. Oh boy...

Here is a quick recap of latest devs posts on forum.

WTF... There's no way I'm restarting the game. I'm already to the Rostok Factory & I'm not going back. They need to have some pretty compelling reasons to go with a new game before I even venture the thought. :mad:

Edit: Though maybe I'll quit now & wait till they release enough patches that I can play through w/o any worries of a patch resetting my progress.

I am at the earthquake mission. that has to be near the end. not going to restart at this point.

Back