S.T.A.L.K.E.R : Lost Alpha news

I've got 8 pistols and a shitload of ammo and yet cant reload cause it says I have no ammo.
All I can do is find pistols with ammo and shoot those.
??

Is this a known thing.
I followed all of the directions and installed in a different directory. I cant find any setting for an actors legs that I am supposed to uncheck.
These are sentences you only type with stalker games. :)

I do have 1.30013 installed.

uh, you need to put pistol ammo (double click on it) into your belt. it does not work like previous stalkers

WTF... There's no way I'm restarting the game. I'm already to the Rostok Factory & I'm not going back. They need to have some pretty compelling reasons to go with a new game before I even venture the thought. :mad:

Edit: Though maybe I'll quit now & wait till they release enough patches that I can play through w/o any worries of a patch resetting my progress.

That's why I have been playing Complete all along and a bit of Lost Alpha just to get the feel for it. Too many bugs, I'll probably give this at least another year before I really dig into it and beat it. In the meantime, GET OUT OF HERE STALKER.

uh, you need to put pistol ammo (double click on it) into your belt. it does not work like previous stalkers

Well who in the hell thought that was a good idea?

The more I play this thing, the more I'm getting convinced, at least early on, that some good decisions were made with what was eventually released. I'm hoping my mind will change back once I get out of the Cordon. Lord knows I love me some Stalker. I think I might have to learn to think of this a different way. So much is familiar and so much is different.

Back to the zone.

on the positive side you can wear lots of artifacts at once. on the negative though they are a lot weaker (at least the healing ones), but there is crafting

That's why I have been playing Complete all along and a bit of Lost Alpha just to get the feel for it. Too many bugs, I'll probably give this at least another year before I really dig into it and beat it. In the meantime, GET OUT OF HERE STALKER.

I may just jump back into all 3 official games w/ complete modding but I have too many other games on my backlog.

I may just jump back into all 3 official games w/ complete modding but I have too many other games on my backlog.

I noticed that with Stalker you just get that itching out of nowhere to play it. Then you play the shit out of it for like a week and move on to something else.

those fucking tunnels are annoying the living fuck out of me, im almost dumping a smelly brown baby jesus to save all of mankind right here on my chair yo.

ok
Liking it better but my 4770 @ 4.3 and a 780 boost to 1110 is getting 25-30 fps, albeit with maximum selected (even though maximum preselect isn't really max).

What is eating up the frames. Grass shadow is turned off. I am not running any AA.

What are you guys seeing?

I'd suggest you don't play much LA.

Why?

a) When you are very close to finishing it... its crash-fest. I'm not kidding when I say that last maps crashed every 15 seconds.

b) Next patch WONT BE COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR CURRENT SAVED-GAMES.

So, you either play it all the way and finish it no matter how hard and tedious it is... or wait until the game is stable enough to finish it.

Hmmmm.......
I am only at the Garbage and just entered Agroprom.

I think I will wait for next patch and start over. I was only doing story stuff anyway. Not really exploring.

Hmmmm.......
I am only at the Garbage and just entered Agroprom.

I think I will wait for next patch and start over. I was only doing story stuff anyway. Not really exploring.

I finished the whole game and trust me when I say that the last maps are unplayable. I finished them because I'm stubborn as a man can be, but it wasn't pretty nor fun. Certain maps crashed unless you avoiding looking at certain things... and, when they didn't crash, certain npc's got stuck and bugged and you couldn't continue. Overall, there are certain things that will make the game crash for certain (talking to certain characters after doing certain tasks, pushing too many buttons at once...), and several maps feel completely empty because, actually, they are.

The maps are there, but the game needs a lot of polishing. Don't worry, though, once its playable you will have such a voyage that the wait will be, finally, worth it.

And trust me, it doesn't matter how many times you have played Stalker... you will start shitting bricks at every single moment... because everything is new. Nah, not everything... but the changes are so extensive this is no longer a remake. Its much, much more.

Just wait some time.... once the maps are populated... jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

PS: and please, we require more cars. If you factor that the maps are bigger than in the original game, and that there are a lot of extra maps... I'd say you walk like 5 or 6 times as much as in the original (probably more). So, more cars please, pleeeeeease. :D:D:D:D

I finished the whole game and trust me when I say that the last maps are unplayable. I finished them because I'm stubborn as a man can be, but it wasn't pretty nor fun. Certain maps crashed unless you avoiding looking at certain things... and, when they didn't crash, certain npc's got stuck and bugged and you couldn't continue. Overall, there are certain things that will make the game crash for certain (talking to certain characters after doing certain tasks, pushing too many buttons at once...), and several maps feel completely empty because, actually, they are.

The maps are there, but the game needs a lot of polishing. Don't worry, though, once its playable you will have such a voyage that the wait will be, finally, worth it.

And trust me, it doesn't matter how many times you have played Stalker... you will start shitting bricks at every single moment... because everything is new. Nah, not everything... but the changes are so extensive this is no longer a remake. Its much, much more.

Just wait some time.... once the maps are populated... jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

PS: and please, we require more cars. If you factor that the maps are bigger than in the original game, and that there are a lot of extra maps... I'd say you walk like 5 or 6 times as much as in the original (probably more). So, more cars please, pleeeeeease. :D:D:D:D

i agree with all that but now im off the tunnels and into pripyat, i'll die if i dont finish this fucking game after all that i went, fucking time wasted too.

i agree with all that but now im off the tunnels and into pripyat, i'll die if i dont finish this fucking game after all that i went, fucking time wasted too.

Is that place still filled with helicopters? I had to stop my original complete play through because there were like 10 helicopters just flying around blowing shit up and killing me all the time :mad:

The last maps are the best ones regarding the crashes. You better have lots of patience :D:D:D:D

I noticed that with Stalker you just get that itching out of nowhere to play it. Then you play the shit out of it for like a week and move on to something else.

Yeah, I'm really wondering if I should just kick it off with SoC Complete tonight. :eek:

I own the entire series and I've never played any of them past a couple of hours into SoC. I'm tiring of Diablo 3's endless grind, but I want something with a bit of RPG elements. I also enjoy challenging games.

So I'm thinking playing through the whole Stalker series (patching each game with the Complete mods because visually they made them look worlds better, imo). Thoughts? When I first got the games they ran like crap on my PC at the time, but my system in the signature should handle them gloriously.

I just started SoC Complete w/ the realistic guns addon. Just the beginning is giving me warm & fuzzies. Rizen, I recommend you play all of the games w/ their appropriate Complete mods & graphics turned to maximum in the advanced section of the graphics options.

ok
Liking it better but my 4770 @ 4.3 and a 780 boost to 1110 is getting 25-30 fps, albeit with maximum selected (even though maximum preselect isn't really max).

What is eating up the frames. Grass shadow is turned off. I am not running any AA.

What are you guys seeing?

Turn down shadow quality, sunshaft quality and grass density(only a little) and it will fly. From memory.

Or at least play around with those settings. Maybe also lighting distance.

That's with a 670 at 1200p.

Edit: Also I use fxaa, which isn't great with my 24's ppi though I would rather 60fps

Very quickly, SoC is an epic and is the best of the series, Clear Sky is only half a game but that half was good while it lasted, Call of Pripyat is an epilogue that tells you what happened after SoC and it's good enough but not epic like SoC.

Complete is totally the way to go for SoC and Clear Sky to the point of you shouldn't play them for the first time without Complete. For CoP, Complete was finalized a bit too early and made the easiest game of the series even easier but I never quite found a better ubermod; Misery 2.x was going to be that but had serious problems just like LA is having now, but the most recent version might be better. I'd probably just do Complete for a first time on CoP for lack of a better mod.

I would say Clear Sky is the best of the series once you apply the Complete Mod. It is close to SoC in terms of maps and the story is pretty good as well, but it has the gun modifying which is great. Pripyat is great, but it feels really empty and I found like I was always having to search for a quest too much.

I enjoy all of them equally for what they offer. :) I really want LA to be a stable experience, but I may have to wait for a "complete" type mod in order to fully in enjoy it when dez0wave stops patching it up.

I just finished CoP with the Misery 2.1 mod and my God, what a grind. What's interesting is that Misery actually got more stable the further I got. Zaton was crash this, crash that. Jupiter was a little better. The underground was even more stable. And I only experienced two or three crashes in Pripyat.

I did have to cheat once since idiot Noah apparently got himself killed before I could obtain the Compass artifact.

I'm really looking forward to LA, but am holding off until the latest patch emerges since current saves will be rendered unusable.

Lost Alpha works fine..mostly.
There's a few things that are bugged but..nothing game-breaking :D
It's a really nice game!

Do NOT try just downloading mods and using them..
The files are somewhat different in LA.

Would this be a stable patch to start a game from? I don't want to jump into it unless I know that. My last save (v1.30013) had good progress going for it. :(

yes i think it is but you'll have to start a new game. they already fixed all the graphic related stuff they could, now they are finishing the quest related bugs. i think the patch is gonna be out this week. i have a few games on my backlog but i decided fuckem, i want to play metro redux and stalker and then im taking a break in gaming, i wont force myself to finish stuff just because i bought it, fuck it. :p

this game needs some serious fast travel. I took a break from it. The missions just chewed time going from one area to another. Go overweight and with the limited vendors it kills you.

this game needs some serious fast travel. I took a break from it. The missions just chewed time going from one area to another. Go overweight and with the limited vendors it kills you.
uh..yes.
I raise the weight limit and speed walking up.
You could drive :D

PSA
My first play through, I killed the SIN guarding Fox and had no problems.
This time, I did the same and the game is broken. You cannot progress into the mines to talk to Veles.
Also, if you join Duty before you talk to Veles, the game breaks in the same way.

So, don't kill any SIN or join Duty before you do the missions for Veles.

yesssss!! the "It's Not Easy Being Green" stash! finally!! it only took about twenty tries! :D :D

ss_D4rkn3ss_07_14_14_09_38_26_la02_garbage.jpg

yo! bought a tuned up niva!

ss_D4rkn3ss_07_17_14_17_46_03_la05_bar_rostok.jpg

@EnvymeRT: lost alpha is stand alone, you dont need any of the stalker games :)

Back