RTX2080 and RTX2080Ti Reviews online

So about what I expected. Definitely not cards for most but I wanted a bit more 4k and VR performance and definitely wanted to play with RT and all of the new stuff. Is the 2080 Ti work $1200? Maybe not but I figured at worst I'd sell my 1080 Tis at $400 or so and make up the difference.

Yep. My thoughts exactly. I consider my video card purchases more like a lease. I keep them for a couple of years then trade up.

I do that for all of my computer equipment. Someone always wants my hand-me-down stuff. FS/FT forum FTW!

The worst part is that the RTX will probably be the best cards at least until 2020. So don't expect the price to drop anytime soon.

I'm not so sure about that. Depends on what the x60 and below cards look like. This may just be a stopgap until they release 7nm cards late next year.
the prices of AMDs cards are good, the performance just isn't that good.

:D

Yeah, AMD is in a rough spot now. If 1080 Ti's end up under $500 retail they are going to put the pain on them.

Glad I got my 1080 Ti SC2 for $140 by selling my 1080 (originally bought two years ago around 500) during the mining madness and timing the SC2 purchase right during a NE flash sale. Then got a GTX 1070 for my bro's rig two month's ago for $240 during a ebay everything is 20% off sale. These should hopefully last a very long time.

The prices are just too high. The products are good.

The products are fucking shit. They don't provide any new features to consumers that aren't already available.

Their ray tracing shit still isn't performant enough to be useful, so the feature is a WASTE until a later generation of cards. Might as well have not even included it.

It's still not fast enough for 4k gaming.

1440p gaming is already fast enough on a 1080ti, so once again, NOTHING NEW has been made possible by these cards.

They didn't add support for HDMI 2.1, and they're still desperately clinging onto their bullshit G-Sync modules. NO PROGRESS there either. These cards will be worthless for VRR TVs.

Basically the consumer card (2080) is the first flagship Nvidia card that's not even faster--arguably slower--than the last consumer card.

The Titan card (rebranded 2080ti) is a card made for GAME DEVELOPERS to start working on ray tracing in games. It's for developers. It's not even a consumer card. But it's being marketed as a consumer card.

Oh and FUCK upscaling. You can throw as much buzzword bullshit as you want at it, but upscaling is still upscaling, and gamers will be able to tell. There will be a quality loss. You know Nvidia cherry picked scenarios to make their crap stink less than it does, and then they slapped on WHOOOAAAAAAA ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE WHOAOAAAAA MACHINE LEARNING to sell it to idiots.

It's trash.

Last edited:
Exactly. The performance wouldn't be that bad if the 2080 was $600 and the Ti was $800.

The only way we will see that anytime soon is if the sales are dismal enough to force NVIDIA into dropping prices in order to move stock. This seems unlikely. Both 2080 and 2080Ti would need to sell like shit for that to happen. They aren't parts that are expected to move in mass quantity anyway.

The only way we will see that anytime soon is if the sales are dismal enough to force NVIDIA into dropping prices in order to move stock. This seems unlikely. Both 2080 and 2080Ti would need to sell like shit for that to happen. They aren't parts that are expected to move in mass quantity anyway.

This release is all about setting the table for 7nm cards IMO. Get some DXR games under their belt and gain even more mindshare.

There's a reason they held a gun to every reviewer's head to prevent performance numbers from getting out. They knew these cards were duds and that benchmarks would have obliterated preorders. Now it's time to see how dumb gamers are (to be fair, they are pretty dumb). I mean shit, they were naive enough to think that the NDAs and embargoes didn't instantly indicate that these cards had shit performance.

There are is also little pressure to lower old generation parts either. 1080Ti is still selling for a minimum of about $700, which was the launch price. :(

The products are fucking shit. They don't provide any new features to consumers that aren't already available.

Their ray tracing shit still isn't performant enough to be useful, so the feature is a WASTE until a later generation of cards. Might as well have not even included it.

1440p gaming is already fast enough on a 1080ti, so once again, NOTHING NEW has been made possible by these cards.

They didn't add support for HDMI 2.1, and they're still desperately clinging onto their bullshit G-Sync modules. NO PROGRESS there either. These cards will be worthless for VRR TVs.

Basically the consumer card (2080) is the first flagship Nvidia card that's not even faster--arguably slower--than the last consumer card.

The Titan card (rebranded 2080ti) is a card made for GAME DEVELOPERS to start working on ray tracing in games. It's for developers. It's not even a consumer card. But it's being marketed as a consumer card.

Oh and FUCK upscaling. You can throw as much buzzword bullshit as you want at it, but upscaling is still upscaling, and gamers will be able to tell. There will be a quality loss. You know Nvidia cherry picked scenarios to make their crap stink less than it does, and then they slapped on WHOOOAAAAAAA ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE WHOAOAAAAA MACHINE LEARNING to sell it to idiots.

It's trash.

You can use DLSS 2X instead of DLSS and it upscales your native resolution. Equivalent to 1.8x SSAA (which we STILL need verified) for "freeeeeeeeee".

Lol. I fucking knew it, and got called a fanboi. When something stinks, there usually is a fucking turd around.
Also, Kyle must be busy with something. I fully expected him to be around this thread ;)

Last edited:
There are is also little pressure to lower old generation parts either. 1080Ti is still selling for a minimum of about $700, which was the launch price. :(

Sadly, I anticipate that prices will hold steady. 10% tariffs on computer components are about to go into place and they rise to 25% by end of year.

Maybe some cards will be assembled in Taiwan instead but still not looking promising which was why I just went ahead and picked up a $600 new evga Black 1080 ti on ebay.

The worst part is that the RTX will probably be the best cards at least until 2020. So don't expect the price to drop anytime soon.

Yeah who knows how long this series will stick around maybe even by 2020. The few and the brave will actually pick up 2080ti cards.

As of September 2018, there's about as much of a chance of me buying a video card that doesn't support HDMI 2.1 as there is of a one legged man winning an ASS KICKING contest.

Hmmm, I got a bad feeling for their 2060 and where it will fall in this when it's released, benchmark and price wise.

Might as well stick with my GTX 1060 for who knows how long...

Steve at Techspot for Shadow of the Tomb Raider 4K, Ti: "if you drop the preset one level to high the average frame rate jumps up to 80 fps with a 1% low result of over 60 fps"

Do other sites try these changes in reviews?

I just figured something out ... the $1100 price is to help them clear out 1080 ti cards

Boy, prices just went up overnight .......

Hope you boys are buying yours today .....

I just figured something out ... the $1100 price is to help them clear out 1080 ti cards

Boy, prices just went up overnight .......

Hope you boys are buying yours today .....

That's what I've been saying. Not that I'm the originator of that thought/idea.

Like the 2080 ti, howver, no reason to upgrade from the 1080 ti at its current price point.

Might have pulled the triggger at 1080 ti MSRP levels.

Also, can’t believe I am going to say this... But I do agree with Linus rant. I personally thought Nvidia was going to knock it out of the park again, based off of their previous accomplishments.

Might not even be a good comparison but it’s like the FX series launch all those years ago, except AMD had competition back then and I doubt this release will break the company.

It's trash.

Taking price out of the window, show me a better product. Saying 2080 ti is trash is like saying a car is trash while you are still walking .

"It's still not fast enough for 4k gaming." You kidding?

Product is not trash, but its super low value at that price until you have titles that support it. So most people will not buy it.

1080ti is still the better valued card.

Hmmm, I got a bad feeling for their 2060 and where it will fall in this when it's released, benchmark and price wise.

2060 will be the same as 1070 at best, but I suspect it'll be 6 Gb Ram again, as 8 Gb are already reserved for 2070 and 2080. It certainly won't match 1080 in terms of performance, seeing how 2080 = 1080ti and 2070 most likely will take the 1080 spot or in between 1080 and 1080ti/2080.

These cards will be incredible in 6-12 months after DLSS/RT has taken off. Just in time for the 30-series, I guess.
I'm more interested in the 7nm AMD GPUs now.

Taking price out of the window, show me a better product. Saying 2080 ti is trash is like saying a car is trash while you are still walking .

"It's still not fast enough for 4k gaming." You kidding?

Product is not trash, but its super low value at that price until you have titles that support it. So most people will not buy it.

1080ti is still the better valued card.

What I really don't get is him harping about HDMI 2.1, mass adoption of it wont occur until late 2019 or early 2020 at best.

Wow this puts me in a rough spot. I REALLY wanted to get away from SLI as I'm currently running 980sli (not ti). The 1080ti felt like too much of a side grade to justify the price, and now the 2080ti looks like terrible price to performance ratio. I mean, i can afford it, but I'm just second guessing actually doing it. 1080ti sli would probably perform better, and cost the same or less, but I don't want to go back to SLI.

Sigh. What is a moron like me to do?

Unless they make RT available to AMD, what developer would spend a bunch of dev time for it? It's another Hairworks for now imo.

2060 will be the same as 1070 at best, but I suspect it'll be 6 Gb Ram again, as 8 Gb are already reserved for 2070 and 2080. It certainly won't match 1080 in terms of performance, seeing how 2080 = 1080ti and 2070 most likely will take the 1080 spot or in between 1080 and 1080ti/2080.

I can see a 2060 being close to a 1080 minus Raytracing and DLSS support.

Wow this puts me in a rough spot. I REALLY wanted to get away from SLI as I'm currently running 980sli (not ti). The 1080ti felt like too much of a side grade to justify the price, and now the 2080ti looks like terrible price to performance ratio. I mean, i can afford it, but I'm just second guessing actually doing it. 1080ti sli would probably perform better, and cost the same or less, but I don't want to go back to SLI.

How about ignore all the crying and decide for yourself if the performance boost is worth a cost that you can afford over the next 2 years? This entire launch is basically like the a person driving a civic crying because they want a new car but a lambo is out of their price range.

How about ignore all the crying and decide for yourself if the performance boost is worth a cost that you can afford over the next 2 years? This entire launch is basically like the a person driving a civic crying because they want a new car but a lambo is out of their price range.

No, not really. That's a terrible analogy.

Yeah, AMD is in a rough spot now. If 1080 Ti's end up under $500 retail they are going to put the pain on them.

I would suggest that AMD is in a great spot right now. These new cards from Nvidia are such a high price they are actually damaging the Nvidia Mindshare. AMD have sold more Vega cards than they ever expected to sell because of the mining craze. I am pretty sure right now they are just sitting back watching Nvidia suffer a little and smiling while working on their 7nm parts. Because if they release them before Nvidia does and the price/performance is there they could do really well.

Not saying it will happen like that, but, this launch has disgruntled a lot of Nvidia buyers.

Since you don't want to go for more SLI, just get the 2080 ti. The price: performance ratio is shit, but if you want that level of performance you will only be guaranteed to have it from the 2080 ti. I wouldn't be surprised to see SLI get even less attention going forward, especially if Nvidia decides to push NVLink.

2060 likely wont have any RTX compoenents, so the die can be devoted entirely to standard performance, so likely a GTX 2060. It could be a great part for mainstream gamers. Of course it might just be a rebranded GTX 1080/1070 chip... Rather than redesign Turing SMs minus RT/Tensor cores.

Any of the reviews cover high end 2080 ti AIB cards such as triple fan ultra Evga vs high end 1080 ti cards where both have been maximally overclocked? At one point there was a claim that these cards o/c'd very well...more marketing bs or some truth?

I'm leaning towards waiting for 7nm/hdmi 2.1 unless lots of games start to adopt some of these technologies.

Wish Razor1 was still around, would love to rub his face into just how wrong he was on the 2000 series performance, of course he also thought Bitcoin would only go up and up. This generation is a pretty meager gain for the money they want and their best features remain a unknown for now.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
As of September 2018, there's about as much of a chance of me buying a video card that doesn't support HDMI 2.1 as there is of a one legged man winning an ASS KICKING contest.

I am a one-legged man and I guarantee you that if I kick you in the ass with it you will fucking hurt for a week. :LOL:

I would suggest that AMD is in a great spot right now. These new cards from Nvidia are such a high price they are actually damaging the Nvidia Mindshare. AMD have sold more Vega cards than they ever expected to sell because of the mining craze. I am pretty sure right now they are just sitting back watching Nvidia suffer a little and smiling while working on their 7nm parts. Because if they release them before Nvidia does and the price/performance is there they could do really well.

Not saying it will happen like that, but, this launch has disgruntled a lot of Nvidia buyers.

AMD being mostly irrelevant is NOT a great spot for them. AMD has probably stopped producing Vega, as they likely want to clear all the Vega stock before the GTX 2060 comes along and matches it's performance for a lower price.

Any of the reviews cover high end 2080 ti AIB cards such as triple fan ultra Evga vs high end 1080 ti cards where both have been maximally overclocked? At one point there was a claim that these cards o/c'd very well...more marketing bs or some truth?

I'm leaning towards waiting for 7nm/hdmi 2.1 unless lots of games start to adopt some of these technologies.

Basically BS. The cards are voltage limited, so the better temps won't do anything. Every single 2080 ti the comes out on and around launch will be using the reference PCB, so there's not going to be much difference between them.

Back