RTX2080 and RTX2080Ti Reviews online

I think Turing likes Vulkan

100904.png

That is an interesting result for sure. I'm not too surprised though. Oddly Pascal never seemed to scale as well as amd cards in vulkan.

if the numbers posted are correct, and I believe they are I have a question maybe someone can explain to me.
Everyone is shouting they want 4K HDR and 144hz monitors.
But most of the numbers I see, ALL?, say that none of these cards. OR ANY CARDS can do what they want monitors to do.

What am I missing?
I couldn't care less about 4K, I just want HDR and 144Hz monitors with IPS and FreeSync. But Nvidia isn't helping with that last part.

Damn, when was this? I don't remember 1080 Ti's being less than $650 (with possible $20 rebate).

It happened like 3 times. Each time was eBay running a 15-20% off coupon that would take up to $100 or so off the price. I added it to my cart each time but never pulled the trigger. The last time it sold out quick but on several of the times the cards were available for hours. Should have just ordered it and depended on the step up. Kept toying with buying it but then decided to preorder the 2080 and 2080 Ti's. For example:

https://slickdeals.net/f/11917603-evga-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-icx-gaming-552-49

Edit: If I remember correctly the best deal I saw was an SC2 + Destiny and expansions for like 570ish. The black edition and the EVGA iCX 2 fan went as low as 550. The nice thing about those promos is since eBay still pays EVGA the full 700 you can step up for less-- at least according to some people. I didn't think of that at the moment or I would have done it... would have been like 2080 for 15% off even if I decided to step up. So like I said, kicking myself a little bit but I'm not really gunna cry over $50.

Last edited:
It happened like 3 times. Each time was eBay running a 15-20% off coupon that would take up to $100 or so off the price. I added it to my cart each time but never pulled the trigger. The last time it sold out quick but on several of the times the cards were available for hours. Should have just ordered it and depended on the step up. Kept toying with buying it but then decided to preorder the 2080 and 2080 Ti's. For example:

https://slickdeals.net/f/11917603-evga-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-icx-gaming-552-49

Edit: If I remember correctly the best deal I saw was an SC2 + Destiny and expansions for like 570ish. The black edition and the EVGA iCX 2 fan went as low as 550. The nice thing about those promos is since eBay still pays EVGA the full 700 you can step up for less-- at least according to some people. I didn't think of that at the moment or I would have done it... would have been like 2080 for 15% off even if I decided to step up. So like I said, kicking myself a little bit but I'm not really gunna cry over $50.
At, okay. I had missed the last coupon event, and was kind of waiting to see how the RTX cards would pan out.

I ended up ordering a used card from an [H] member, since I don't know when or if the coupon will come around again, or if I'll be fast whiche to get one.

TLDW: Nope

Somewhat disappointing, as for TAA I find corruption or brief periods of blurring which I even saw in this video. Shadow Of The Tomb Raider it is terrible, at least on my setup. Basically in motion there will be brief lapses of blur particularly on things like grass where it becomes more noticeable. I am surprised not to many notice this.

It will be interesting in how DLSS improves over time since it is a learning algorithm which could be improved.

TLDW: Nope

I'm pretty sure I remember someone saying that there would be a version of DLSS that would sample at 4k and then leverage this deep learning algorithm. I am holding out some hope for that iteration of DLSS, but I agree - if you are looking at DLSS to justify your 2080/TI purchase, then it's probably not a good idea for you.

Back