RTX2080 and RTX2080Ti Reviews online

I don't know why everyone is comparing the 2080 to the 1080 Ti. "But teh price!"

You don't understand why the cards are compared by price? We should only go by what NVIDIA marketing happens to call the cards? Then I'm afraid we have no common ground to even start a discussion.

Nvidia took so long to release drivers that reviewers only had 4-5 days to get reviews done before the NDA lift. Doesn't give a lot of time for people to get in-depth. I almost wonder if that was intentional.

Well, it seems like it performs decently enough. so I don't know why they would do intentionally

anyone watch the LTT video? check about the 8 min mark. he had a game developer lined up to show off rtx in game, but they had to cancel without a reason. hmmm.

Everyone knows why. The performance is lacking, which would severely hurt sales.

Yeah not being able to show of your flagship technology at launch time, that is actually plastered on the product itself is a total failure. This might be up there with the Vega launch.

RIP Hype Train passengers.
giphy.gif

I currently have a GTX 1070, and I have the Philips 4k 40" monitor, and was looking for a upgrade to play Battlefield WW2 this Fall.

Was thinking the GTX 2080 ( non Ti ) would be a good upgrade, maybe give me 50% better performance ? Not sure if I would get that much of a boost in performance ? But the prices HOLY COW, even the non Ti card, the 2080 I see online are all $800 to $900 WTF?

I thought the pricing was going to be like $599 to $699 for the regular GTX 2080 ? No fucking way I am paying $900 for one.

I currently have a GTX 1070, and I have the Philips 4k 40" monitor, and was looking for a upgrade to play Battlefield WW2 this Fall.

Was thinking the GTX 2080 ( non Ti ) would be a good upgrade, maybe give me 50% better performance ? Not sure if I would get that much of a boost in performance ? But the prices HOLY COW, even the non Ti card, the 2080 I see online are all $800 to $900 WTF?

I thought the pricing was going to be like $599 to $699 for the regular GTX 2080 ? No fucking way I am paying $900 for one.

A 1080ti would probably double your current performance.

I would suggest that AMD is in a great spot right now. These new cards from Nvidia are such a high price they are actually damaging the Nvidia Mindshare. AMD have sold more Vega cards than they ever expected to sell because of the mining craze. I am pretty sure right now they are just sitting back watching Nvidia suffer a little and smiling while working on their 7nm parts. Because if they release them before Nvidia does and the price/performance is there they could do really well.

Not saying it will happen like that, but, this launch has disgruntled a lot of Nvidia buyers.

It disgruntled them so much they bought...….last gen Nvidia cards.

Unless they make RT available to AMD, what developer would spend a bunch of dev time for it? It's another Hairworks for now imo.

WTF? DXR isn't Nvidia specific. DXR is available to AMD and Intel anytime they want to use it.

SMDH

Taking price out of the window, show me a better product. Saying 2080 ti is trash is like saying a car is trash while you are still walking .

"It's still not fast enough for 4k gaming." You kidding?

Product is not trash, but its super low value at that price until you have titles that support it. So most people will not buy it.

1080ti is still the better valued card.

But it is trash. Any GPU released in September 2018 that can't take advantage of variable refresh TVs is garbage.

Samsung already has an excellent low input lag TV out RIGHT NOW that works with FreeSync.

I'm done with fixed refresh. Never buying one again. And from this point onward, I am NOT buying anymore proprietary G-Sync non HDMI 2.1 bullshit when a standard actually EXISTS NOW.

Nvidia can go fuck itself.

So $900 for the regular GTX 2080 WTF nVidia ?

I can't stomach that, I was cool paying $550 to $600 for my high end video cards, but I can't do $900. I am looking to upgrade from my GTX 1070, for 4K gaming, my 1070 just barely does 4k ok.

So $900 for the regular GTX 2080 WTF nVidia ?

I can't stomach that, I was cool paying $550 to $600 for my high end video cards, but I can't do $900. I am looking to upgrade from my GTX 1070, for 4K gaming, my 1070 just barely does 4k ok.

Look at the 1080 Ti. It will do nicely for you.

It's been stated in a few spots that the current implementation of RT would need tweaking to work on other vendors.

Have any links?

It’s in a Digital Foundries DICE interview for sure. Basically they’d have to “tune” it to each vendor but they didn’t make it sound like a big deal.

Think of RTX like gameworks. It’s ontop of directX. Gameworks actually works with both vendors really well, but sometimes takes some tweaking on launch. It’s the same dealio.

Wow, the numbers look really bad for the new cards. I guess some of the reviewers used the crappiest lowest clocked 1080ti's and such to help pump the numbers up?

Found this link on reddit, DLSS makes things blurrier?

https://www.kitguru.net/components/...idia-rtx-2080-founders-edition-8gb-review/13/

note this is from the benchmark, maybe in games it will be different....

And once again I'm proven right. OF COURSE it looks worse.

There is no free fucking lunch.

Man this is bullshit. Fucking stupid Nvidia snake oil salesman. Come on, AMD. Don't fuck up this time. Blow these bitches out of the water. HDMI 2.1 card with performance that isn't complete crap. I will jump ship in a microsecond.

Look at the 1080 Ti. It will do nicely for you.

Ok, I looked up 1080 Ti cards, and WTF they are still $700 ? THAT"S CRAZY !!! Card is like 2 years old, it should be like $400 now.

I have been building custom PCs since the Pentium 4 days, and the high end video cards have always been in the $400 to $600 range, never going over $650 EVER. But now they are $900 to $1,200 WHAT THE FUCK ?

And once again I'm proven right. OF COURSE it looks worse.

There is no free fucking lunch.

Man this is bullshit. Fucking stupid Nvidia snake oil salesman. Come on, AMD. Don't fuck up this time. Blow these bitches out of the water. HDMI 2.1 card with performance that isn't complete crap. I will jump ship in a microsecond.
TAA: https://pclab.pl/zdjecia/artykuly/stilgarus/2018/wrzesien/rtx/dlss/1_TAA.jpg
DLSS: https://pclab.pl/zdjecia/artykuly/stilgarus/2018/wrzesien/rtx/dlss/1_DLSS.jpg
N/A: https://pclab.pl/zdjecia/artykuly/stilgarus/2018/wrzesien/rtx/dlss/1_noAA.jpg

I see people quickly jump to conclusions to justify not getting the hardware :dead:
DSLL will enable anti-aliased image at 4K and with increased performance for 'free' (given you have RTX card - which now is expensive not tomorrow - figuratively speaking). What is there to not like? :confused:

Anyone else notice reviewers seeing more extensive CPU bottlenecks @ 1440P with the RTX series cards vs. Pascal?
Gamer's Nexus-Hardware Unboxed-Hardware Canucks all saw CPU bottlenecks @ 1440P w/ 8086K / 8700K 5Ghz and 7900K @ 4.8GHz, and that's only half the GPU being utilized.

The shit is really going to hit the fan when RTX gets enabled along with DLSS in games. Bring on the Gigahurtz CPU warz! :D

Techpowerup ran Wolfenstein 2 Mein Leben! quality 1080p and got 337.3 FPS. 8700K @ 4.8 GHz

Ok, I looked up 1080 Ti cards, and WTF they are still $700 ? THAT"S CRAZY !!! Card is like 2 years old, it should be like $400 now.

I have been building custom PCs since the Pentium 4 days, and the high end video cards have always been in the $400 to $600 range, never going over $650 EVER. But now they are $900 to $1,200 WHAT THE FUCK ?

You can buy a used one for a decent price and still have a warranty to boot if you don't want new.

Sure, the performance of the 2080 Ti is complete crap.

I said that I will jump ship to AMD in a microsecond if they release an HDMI 2.1 card with performance that isn't crap.

Nvidia is irrelevant to me since they have NO card that works with variable refresh on TVs.

They're going back up because the 2080's performance is such crap.

I said that I will jump ship to AMD in a microsecond if they release an HDMI 2.1 card with performance that isn't crap.

Nvidia is irrelevant to me since they have NO card that works with variable refresh on TVs.

I believe they have (or are coming out with) a Gsync TV, for the price of your first born of course.

Those days are gone, Jensen is updating his leather jacket wardrobe. Time to pay up.

I think the board told Jensen, "we need to continue this forward momentum on EBIT growth". Coming off the crypto swing, hmmm, I know, jack the prices up to keep cash flow coming in.

I think the board told Jensen, "we need to continue this forward momentum on EBIT growth". Coming off the crypto swing, hmmm, I know, jack the prices up to keep cash flow coming in.

Sounds about right, there's probably some truth to that.

At least 1440p doesn't automatically cost 78% more than 1080p like the pixel increase.

Freesync and AMD 580 aren't expensive now.

I was wondering why the comparison with TAA instead of MSAA or SuperSampling.

Looking at the screenshots, the blur is about the same as TAA. Some textures look better with DLSS and some with TAA, but the blur is noticeable.

TAA has always been blurry. I noticed this when they implemented it into Fallout 4.

Just cut the prices and this becomes a non-issue, which I suspect they will after they have exhausted the cash of the early adopters.

Back