RTX 3xxx performance speculation

Digital Foundry did something similar and got a lot of flack for it. Yes we're all aware it was basically an nvidia sponsored advertisement. A stupidly priced TV in conjunction with a videocard that will have barely any availability for some time to come. Colour me unimpressed and honestly, bored of paper launches that are the norm now.
Interesting to watch the hardware review landscape continue to change.

Interesting to watch the hardware review landscape continue to change.

Tech journalism essentially died the day it moved to YouTube.

Now they are all just "influencers" who exist only put on a masturbatory celebration of their own celebrity while trying to trick the less educated consumers (which appears to be most of them, btw.) out of their hard earned cash on behalf of their sponsors.

Last edited:
When they wipe down the GPU with a ShamWow it will truly be over. On the other hand if we can get a second GPU for only the price of shipping and handling....

That GN review was as close to perfect as can be - I'm glad they continuously called out nVidia for marketing the Ampere Quadro as a Titan but not called a Titan and instead imbedding it into the GeForce RTX 3000 naming convention lineup.
I think some reviewers will probably learn a lesson from this for the future.

Pretty much the 3090 is not a gaming card!

I mean.. Ouch Nvidia. :/

Pay twice as much for 2-3 more frames..

Think of those people buying a Evga Ftw3 Ultra at $1800!

8K not but Nvidia went with it.

Those 1792 cores over the 2080 scaled horrendously, 20% more cores, only 5-10% more performance. Yuck.

Has several more RT and Tensor cores, and that may help in other scenarios, would like to see some ray-tracing enabled game benchmarks like Battlefield and whatever else supports it.

Probably bugged like the 3080 version of the same card.

You talking about the 2000Mhz game crashing?

Do we have confirmation that they were actually bugged yet? Because there was a lot of speculation this behavior could be either power supply based, or a driver problem.

You talking about the 2000Mhz game crashing?

Do we have confirmation that they were actually bugged yet? Because there was a lot of speculation this behavior could be either power supply based, or a driver problem.

No, the 3080 Ventus 3x card at bestbuy had a glitch on launch day where it kept showing up in stock but it wasn't actually there. Seems like the same thing is happening with the 3090 version of the ventus 3x.

Bestbuy glitch. I mean the cards might have bugs, but I can't buy one to tell you :p.

No, the 3080 Ventus 3x card at bestbuy had a glitch on launch day where it kept showing up in stock but it wasn't actually there. Seems like the same thing is happening with the 3090 version of the ventus 3x.

Bestbuy glitch. I mean the cards might have bugs, but I can't buy one to tell you :p.

Oh, ok.

Thanks for explaining.

That GN review was as close to perfect as can be - I'm glad they continuously called out nVidia for marketing the Ampere Quadro as a Titan but not called a Titan and instead imbedding it into the GeForce RTX 3000 naming convention lineup.
I like the way he kept stuffing the dollar bills in his pocket like a stripper.. shots fired at linus.

evga what were you thinking...?

prwwgcedy5p51.jpg

what are the chances the 3070 launch is any better?...will probably be the most popular card so this will probably be the worst launch...if Big Navi launches in sufficient quantities it might put a beating on Nvidia just based on availability

what are the chances the 3070 launch is any better?...will probably be the most popular card so this will probably be the worst launch...if Big Navi launches in sufficient quantities it might put a beating on Nvidia just based on availability
If I can get my hands on a 3070 to hold me over for stock on something higher I will. Card seems like the best value of the bunch on the spec sheet at least.

Card seems like the best value of the bunch on the spec sheet at least.

especially at 1440p (which is my resolution)...but the GDDR6 vs GDDR6X (3080/3090) worries me a bit as does the 8GB VRAM (16GB variant would be better)

especially at 1440p (which is my resolution)...but the GDDR6 vs GDDR6X (3080/3090) worries me a bit as does the 8GB VRAM (16GB variant would be better)

I'm paddling the same boat...I've got a 1440p 144Hz monitor ready to go, just waiting on a GPU upgrade to make the most of it.

I think I'm going to go with a 3080 (or Radeon 6000 equivalent, if they perform about the same and are priced right), just to get the bit of extra future-proofing for utilizing ray tracing in games that support it over the next 3-5 years since that's how long I go between GPU upgrades, anymore.

I'm paddling the same boat...I've got a 1440p 144Hz monitor ready to go, just waiting on a GPU upgrade to make the most of it.

I think I'm going to go with a 3080 (or Radeon 6000 equivalent, if they perform about the same and are priced right), just to get the bit of extra future-proofing for utilizing ray tracing in games that support it over the next 3-5 years since that's how long I go between GPU upgrades, anymore.

Same here 1440@165 gsync montior, most likely going for 3080. However I think 3070 TI 16gb would be a sweet spot.

Same here 1440@165 gsync montior, most likely going for 3080. However I think 3070 TI 16gb would be a sweet spot.
I don't know, honestly don't think you will run into vram limitations past 8gb for high refresh rate. Whatever textures would put you over 8gb will likely tank FPS and therefore be turned off anyway. But I've been wrong before so don't mark my words.

Gigabyte breakout power boxes have been failing on users while the /nvidia mods are doing their pr thing and deleting all the posts with pictures. Took screenshots of this thread that linked to a larger one that was deleted while I was reading through the comments. Someone said this wasn't an extra point of failure. Seems that wasn't true. It's a simple repair but now you have people sending cards back because the connectors on the breakout box is being pushed through.

power1.JPG

power2.JPG

Back