RTX 3xxx performance speculation

I think i will buy 3080 Rtx and when Rtx 3090 will launch i will sell 3080 and buy 3090

I get that it's your money, but that just seems economically and environmentally irresponsible.

As Steve from GN puts it, don't just buy it because it is Shiney and new. Buy it if it will make a noticeable difference in the games you play NOW.

I get that it's your money, but that just seems economically and environmentally irresponsible.

I imagine you could mean that a 3090 is not environmentally responsible, but otherwise it depend how much shipping is involved in is selling of is 3080, that second hand person could have potentially bought it new anyway.

Provantage has the EVGA 3080 cards up for order now if anyone is looking for one. Gigabyte 3090 as well.

I imagine you could mean that a 3090 is not environmentally responsible, but otherwise it depend how much shipping is involved in is selling of is 3080, that second hand person could have potentially bought it new anyway.

It's just alot of e-waste as those buying his old 3080 probably don't really need it as well.

As Steve from GN puts it, don't just buy it because it is Shiney and new. Buy it if it will make a noticeable difference in the games you play NOW.
Maybe i am desperated? hehe

Newegg selling MSI cards right now as well.

Newegg-com-Newegg-shopping-upgraded-™.png

Sounds like the MSI ones on Newegg are getting canceled from other reports.

Provantage has the EVGA 3080 cards up for order now if anyone is looking for one. Gigabyte 3090 as well.
Thanks for that. Never ordered from them before - how quickly do they typically ship out?

I'll be dead in the next 20 years. Fuck Steve and fuck anyone who tries to play the "environmental" game that isn't saying we should go after India or China. I'll buy what I want and I worked hard to be able to.

Thanks for that. Never ordered from them before - how quickly do they typically ship out?
It says "special order" next to those listings on Provantage. They probably don't even have an inventory allocation to fulfill those. Personally I'll take my chances tomorrow at 8:00 AM Central.

It says "special order" next to those listings on Provantage. They probably don't even have an inventory allocation to fulfill those. Personally I'll take my chances tomorrow at 8:00 AM Central.
Noticed that also. Best guess is they'll fulfill orders as they come in until they run out of stock. Won't stop me from trying in the morning also.

I ordered a "Special Order" Zotac 3090 from Provantage a few days ago (which now shows OOS) and have a 9/28 ship date on my order status as of today. They're dropped shipped from somewhere.

Never hurts to have a backup plan. Have made a few networking purchases from them in the past and never had issues.

I ordered a "Special Order" Zotac 3090 from Provantage a few days ago (which now shows OOS) and have a 9/28 ship date on my order status as of today. They're dropped shipped from somewhere.

Never hurts to have a backup plan. Have made a few networking purchases from them in the past and never had issues.

Did they charge you before the order shipped?

It's just alot of e-waste as those buying his old 3080 probably don't really need it as well.

We are talking a couple of months old, those buying it probably "need" it as much as people buying new one no ?

Anyway it is obviously all a form of waste in a sense, but not necessarily more than the usual person buying a big video card.

E-waste... LMAO. I don't think anyone else here is worried about their e-waste when buying video cards.

The surprise PS5 pre-order really bunged up best buys website. I was really hoping to snag an FE from them, i hope they sort out whatever issue they are having soon.

E-waste... LMAO. I don't think anyone else here is worried about their e-waste when buying video cards.

And even if they are, a reasonably modern GPU is highly unlikely to wind up in the trash.

That's being sold to someone else, possibly at a slight discount, who will continue to use it.

so are people here going to buy the Founders Edition cards, look for a specific AIB partner card or just get whatever is in stock?

so are people here going to buy the Founders Edition cards, look for a specific AIB partner card or just get whatever is in stock?

I'm going for the founders edition on the hunch that Nvidia is still keeping the best quality silicon for themselves.

I could very Well be wrong though.

Either way, I'll be getting rid of that fancy cooler and putting a water block on it.

Such a shame I'm paying for a huge junk of cooler I'll never use.

I'm going for the founders edition on the hunch that Nvidia is still keeping the best quality silicon for themselves.

I could very Well be wrong though.

Either way, I'll be getting rid of that fancy cooler and putting a water block on it.

Such a shame I'm paying for a huge junk of cooler I'll never use.

I'm going with 3080 AIB (most likely Gigabyte)...Founders sounds decent but I prefer the higher overclocking potential of AIB

So you don't think e-waste is a problem at all? At some point down the line there is hardware being thrown out when it probably still works fine.

So you don't think e-waste is a problem at all? At some point down the line there is hardware being thrown out when it probably still works fine.

I imagine the way performance by watt work, it can depend if it is more wasteful using old hardware than new one, depending of the type of hardware.

But not necessarily more waste going on with the scenario you are quoting, chance are all the first day available 3080 will be sold, he will sell it on the second hand market to someone that would have bought one anyway at some point when they would have easily available, ending up all the same.

And the kind of person that buy second hands 3080, if it make one of their video card a card have 0 use to them are probably the kind to sell their 980-10xx-20xx they just replaced to someone else as well.

E-waste can be a problem, but there is not necessarily more waste going on by the poster action (outside the extra shipping that can occur)

Who else has been wondering how power hungry is GDDR6x?

Its obviously using power, it's producing extra heat. I am wondering just how much power is being used on GDDR6x?

And even if they are, a reasonably modern GPU is highly unlikely to wind up in the trash.

That's being sold to someone else, possibly at a slight discount, who will continue to use it.

Right. My friend, to whom I sold my old Dell XPS around 2009 (?), still has the 6800 (vanilla that I'd unlocked/unmasked) running in it. A woman at my former employer I keep in touch with still uses a 5870 I sold her years back. Video cards and processors are often used until they die. It's mobos, peripherals and other components that tend to end up at the dump, but many of these are recycled. I'm all for reducing waste, carbon footprint, etc, but c'mon.

Than god i not sold my 2080 ti waterforce so i can play now and not waiting when will be on stock 3080

Back