RTX 3xxx performance speculation

I would like to see this ran on an AMD system with pcie 4.0 imo. Also, Nvidia has not even released the proper drives to prevent benchmark leaks.

I would like to see this ran on an AMD system with pcie 4.0 imo. Also, Nvidia has not even released the proper drives to prevent benchmark leaks.
What game/benchmark is that?

Imagine living in the states, having to pay 9 % sales tax, and 24% income tax, VAT = lol.

Uhh. They ahve income tax too you know.

When I lived in sweden the VAT (MOMS they called it) was 25%.

This is in addition to (not instead of) income taxes.

Only difference is that all the sticker prices are inclusive of the tax. It's not like here where we add them afterwards. Quoted price includes all applicable sales taxes. Your receipt never shows you a breakdown of what is tax.

The price difference between the 3080 and 3090 is insane for a mere (likely) ~20% increase in performance...
I would go with the 3080 but I find the VRAM to be too limited. Interestingly, 3090 has a whopping 24GB, which is arguably too much... I do not want to pay for something that I am not going to use.

Consequently, I have decided to wait for the 3080 Ti, which I expect to be released in early 2021... I expect to performance to be 5-10% lower than the 3090 for a much lower price.
In the meantime, I will pick up a 2080 Ti for a good price as many have shown up recently on Kijiji...
This is the predicament I'm in, too. 3090 is too much but the 3080 has too little VRAM for what I want in a new GPU. I'm tempted to get the 3090 then sell it later once a "3080Ti" comes out to get some money back.

Uhh. They ahve income tax too you know.

When I lived in sweden the VAT (MOMS they called it) was 25%.

This is in addition to (not instead of) income taxes.

Only difference is that all the sticker prices are inclusive of the tax. It's not like here where we add them afterwards. Quoted price includes all applicable sales taxes. Your receipt never shows you a breakdown of what is tax.

Not for the average person, if you're wealthy yes.

" More than 25% of all income tax revenue is paid by the top 1% of taxpayers, i.e. taxpayers with the highest incomes and 90% of all income tax revenue is paid by the top 50% of taxpayers with the highest incomes?".

This is the predicament I'm in, too. 3090 is too much but the 3080 has too little VRAM for what I want in a new GPU. I'm tempted to get the 3090 then sell it later once a "3080Ti" comes out to get some money back.
While I don't mind much the upfront cost associated with this solution, I discarded buying a 3090 as the used price for such card will likely fall substantially once the 3080 ti is announced.

Btw, I would buy a 3090 for $1500 if the performance was ~50% higher than the 3080 (as opposed to ~20%).

Sounds like it may be the 4870 release all over again. People bought the 256mb version on release, then Fo3 and GTAIV PC were released requiring more VRAM, and AMD released the 512mb version which everyone moved to.
It was 512MB and 1GB versions for the 4870.
Also won’t be the case here, unless games magically increase VRAM usage a ton in the next few months.

Also won’t be the case here, unless games magically increase VRAM usage a ton in the next few months.
Seems possible, given the circumstances. Presumably the new Navi GPUs have 16 GB for a reason.

so the 3070 16GB and 3080 20GB are both rumored for October?...I wonder how much...why would anyone buy the 8GB or 10GB cards except purely for pricing reasons?

Quite right, gotta clean the cobwebs out. I just remember I was pissed AF they released a card out of the blue with twice the memory a month later for about $50 more.

I don't see any games imminently due that will require more than 10GB at 4k (CP2077, maybe?), but worth considering

Opened the link, read it. Then read it again...and still, I keep asking

What did I just read????
A bad translation. The original article in German makes more sense, although it still sounds like something he wrote right as he woke up. 9AM eastern is the important part, some new info should be released.

The concern about VRAM is way overblown IMO. Most people that are worried points to how much VRAM is in use by a game, but some game engines allocate VRAM based on what is available and can run with much less if needed.
I have an 2080 Super 8Gb and I can't say I have experienced a lack of VRAM in any game I have played, and I game @4K with everything maxed out, perhaps except motion blur and shadows.
The frame rate in games like "Kingdom Come: Deliverance" is not that good, but it never seems to lag and stutter like I would assume it would do if it had to stream the texture data because it couldn't fit in VRAM.

Those who worry about the new consoles changing the VRAM requirements also seem to forget that at least the XBox has shared memory, and would need to set aside quite a bit for the actual program code.

Doom Eternal programmer, 8 GB minimum for next gen games. pretty vague if you ask me.

https://twitter.com/billykhan/status/1301126502801641473

When the 3080 reviews come out, the only thing im looking for is vram analysis. Did Nvidia make any optimizations? Current usage in rtx games? any hint at 16/20gb models? It's the one reservation holding me back.

If they slot in the higher VRAM models with a price increase (3080 20 GB = $900?), I'm not stretching my budget for that anyway. And I won't buy AMD just for some more VRAM at this point. I'll have to bite the bullet on 8 or 10 GB and hope for the best just like everyone else.

Last edited:
so the 3070 16GB and 3080 20GB are both rumored for October?...I wonder how much...why would anyone buy the 8GB or 10GB cards except purely for pricing reasons?
I doubt you will see a 3070 16gb in October, as that's when the base 3070 8gh availability is supposed to start.

You'll see the super/Ti announcement at or after AMD response. No reason to have it out now and canabilize current card sales

If you aim for 4K120fps you probably should only look at the 3090 anyhow.

Anything less and 8-10GB will likely not cause any problems.

At $699 for the 3080 2 years is pretty good, and then 4K120 might be more popular and a less spendy upgrade.

Last edited:
Eth miners.

_5favVkyY3IbLWMLMQIW2TPZlEICIcygPl&app_name=reddit.jpg

Didn't realize mining is still profitable.
I used to mine with 13 GTX 1060 and my gaming computer with 1080Ti.
Definitely a fun experience. I was also earning tons of money back then, lol. $34.000 in 4 months. Too bad I didn't get in a year earlier.

I think this is the first time ever I'm gonna get a FE card. i think it looks better than all the aftermarket ones... The cooler just looks better too, I like the fact you can't see the fan

I think this is the first time ever I'm gonna get a FE card. i think it looks better than all the aftermarket ones... The cooler just looks better too, I like the fact you can't see the fan
me too, but i am praying that there will be not issues with card

VRAM doubt it is slowly creeping in, but I game at ultra widescreen 1440p 144hz so I think I will be ok with a 3080 10gb and then upgrade to a 3080 ti or 4080 down the line.

Back