RoboCop: Rogue City

Seems I might have fixed my issues with the game by disabling frame gen. After watching 3 Robocop movies in succession the game is growing on me. It is a chore to play especially all the investigation nonsense. But other than that, once the shooting starts it can be a good time. I liked the warehouse shootout and sewers were meh but still interesting. Think I am about 2/3 of the way through. Side missions are whatever for the most part.

Took about 10.5 hours or so without the eating and pooping time (a bit over an hour when game was idling). Only missed like 5 failed missions (mostly issuing tickets garbage and one in the precinct). 22/27 achievements as well. Uninstalled. Final rating a 7.5/10. Last 10-12 missions were redemption.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-15 113755.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-15 113755.png
    104.5 KB · Views: 1
Took about 10.5 hours or so without the eating and pooping time (a bit over an hour when game was idling). Only missed like 5 failed missions (mostly issuing tickets garbage and one in the precinct). 22/27 achievements as well. Uninstalled. Final rating a 7.5/10. Last 10-12 missions were redemption.
Eating and pooping? These are things that we have to do in the game? I'm only just past the first mission so haven't seen that yet.... I hope I don't have to...

Eating and pooping? These are things that we have to do in the game? I'm only just past the first mission so haven't seen that yet.... I hope I don't have to...
I am assuming this was a joke. Robocop can’t poop. It was me idling the game and eating and pooping. That’s why Steam playtime is inflated. lol.

I never understood why people do this.
It depends on the game. If you have the Starfield save bug where a save can take 10 minutes to load and or you play on multiple computers where it has to cloud sync (which takes several minutes for some reason) then I'd understand that. Some games take awhile to load or due to their save systems you'd lose some progress by having to load from the checkpoint, etc. it can make sense to leave a game idling.

If I'm just going to do a log drop then I'll let a game idle. Or, if I'm just heating up food there is no reason to kill the game for that. If I'm going to be gone for 30, 40 or more minutes, then yeah, I'll usually shut the game down. Except Starfield. It's a shit show to startup in my case.

It depends on the game. If you have the Starfield save bug where a save can take 10 minutes to load and or you play on multiple computers where it has to cloud sync (which takes several minutes for some reason) then I'd understand that. Some games take awhile to load or due to their save systems you'd lose some progress by having to load from the checkpoint, etc. it can make sense to leave a game idling.

If I'm just going to do a log drop then I'll let a game idle. Or, if I'm just heating up food there is no reason to kill the game for that. If I'm going to be gone for 30, 40 or more minutes, then yeah, I'll usually shut the game down. Except Starfield. It's a shit show to startup in my case.
Yeah, I understand pausing for short breaks. If I'm going to be occupied for more than 5 minutes then I'm quitting the game.

Sometimes you don't have a checkpoint close by (e.g., in Detroit area where you repeatedly go) and you need to eat or poop? I leave the game running then.
Yeah the save system isn't my favorite thing.. I like being able to ESC out and and save or F5 quick save at any point.. but I guess they need something that works well across all the platforms... I haven't had a situation where I died and had to re-play much but I hear you on sitting idle in game or ESC to take a food break.

Hi guys. Is this game worh to buy or wait for more patching? There is many topics in steam forum about crashing. And i am very sensitive to crashing. Thx

I haven't had it crash once ... it feels stable and runs well on my rig in the sig.. you should at least try the demo if it's still available.. it's long enough that if it's going to crash on your setup it will.

Reactions: hu76
like this
I haven't had it crash once ... it feels stable and runs well on my rig in the sig.. you should at least try the demo if it's still available.. it's long enough that if it's going to crash on your setup it will.
Ok thx .

Sometimes you don't have a checkpoint close by (e.g., in Detroit area where you repeatedly go) and you need to eat or poop? I leave the game running then.

You don't have a shit bucket?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1GPMO1Bp6k

Though I understand and do exactly the same thing. Especially games that don't have checkpoints. Sometimes it takes 5 minutes or more just to reload and run back, because some games won't save your location. It will just guess and through you at some specific area that may include re-fighting the same NPCs for 10 minutes to get back to the point you were at.

Ran into an issue last night on the quarry level. No matter your settings the framerate drops into the teens and it becomes nearly unplayable... and this is a sniper level where they are taking potshots at you from far away. So laggy and jittery you cannot effective move/evade/aim. Had to bail out bc it was just horrible. Googled it and found plenty of similar reports on Steam and Reddit. This is a game bug, not a gpu issue, I can push 60+ fps on 1080p easy. I hope this gets addressed or there is some way to skip this section....

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1681430/discussions/1/3940146862828622107/?l=german

Reactions: hu76
like this
I see slow texture loading issues nearly everywhere. What a shitshow.

Ran into an issue last night on the quarry level. No matter your settings the framerate drops into the teens and it becomes nearly unplayable... and this is a sniper level where they are taking potshots at you from far away. So laggy and jittery you cannot effective move/evade/aim. Had to bail out bc it was just horrible. Googled it and found plenty of similar reports on Steam and Reddit. This is a game bug, not a gpu issue, I can push 60+ fps on 1080p easy. I hope this gets addressed or there is some way to skip this section....

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1681430/discussions/1/3940146862828622107/?l=german
Hmmm...I haven't made it there yet but I'm definitely interested to see if I experience the same issue you're having. Fortunately, with the extra time off for Thanksgiving I'll hopefully be able to get in some gaming.

I can confirm this. I just experienced this problem a couple of hours ago. My machine runs the game pretty well and my FPS randomly tanked hard. I continued through and finished that section and my FPS returned to normal.

I can confirm this. I just experienced this problem a couple of hours ago. My machine runs the game pretty well and my FPS randomly tanked hard. I continued through and finished that section and my FPS returned to normal.
How did you deal with the snipers at 17fps? I could barely move and they are tagging me from across the map... I got a few but gave up after 4-5 tries. And don't even start about the landmines I can't see until I hear them beep and explode next to me

I completed the game and never had it crash. The only issue I had was with some of the quest triggers. Areas weren't accessible or the next phase of a quest didn't trigger. I think this happened two or three times throughout the whole game. All I had to do was reload a save and that was it.

Last edited:
I finished the Quarry level this past weekend and didn't notice any hitches or frame drops, although I did enjoy the sniper rifle immensely (and wished they weren't so stingy with the bullets). Furthermore, have only had one CTD right after the first level so I suppose I've been unusually lucky with this game for reasons I don't completely understand. Regardless, am looking forward to playing it some more as time permits.

I finished the Quarry level this past weekend and didn't notice any hitches or frame drops, although I did enjoy the sniper rifle immensely (and wished they weren't so stingy with the bullets). Furthermore, have only had one CTD right after the first level so I suppose I've been unusually lucky with this game for reasons I don't completely understand. Regardless, am looking forward to playing it some more as time permits.
When you finally get the Cobra Assault Cannon, the ammunition is even less common. I think there are maybe 15 rounds for it in the entire game. (Not joking.)

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
When you finally get the Cobra Assault Cannon, the ammunition is even less common. I think there are maybe 15 rounds for it in the entire game. (Not joking.)
Well, that sucks! I wonder if there's a trainer available that would allow me to enjoy a few more rounds of said weapon? :sneaky:

Well, that sucks! I wonder if there's a trainer available that would allow me to enjoy a few more rounds of said weapon? :sneaky:
The gun doesn't even show up until super late in the game. You'd need some type of mod or console command to get the gun early enough to really enjoy it. Though it would make the end game easy mode if you could get it. You can't even carry one into the final fight in the game.

The gun doesn't even show up until super late in the game. You'd need some type of mod or console command to get the gun early enough to really enjoy it. Though it would make the end game easy mode if you could get it. You can't even carry one into the final fight in the game.
I finally finished it over Christmas/New Years break and really enjoyed it. Overall, it ran superb for me with only one CTD over the entire game. My favorite weapon ended up being the heavy machine gun although I also liked the grenade launcher. The Cobra cannon and rocket launcher seemed harder to shoot accurately and, as mentioned, were very lacking in ammo which detracted from the fun considerably. This game was definitely a surprise for me as I don't think I heard anything about it until close to launch. The nostalgia was nice too as I remember watching the original in the theater in 1987.

I finally finished it over Christmas/New Years break and really enjoyed it. Overall, it ran superb for me with only one CTD over the entire game. My favorite weapon ended up being the heavy machine gun although I also liked the grenade launcher. The Cobra cannon and rocket launcher seemed harder to shoot accurately and, as mentioned, were very lacking in ammo which detracted from the fun considerably. This game was definitely a surprise for me as I don't think I heard anything about it until close to launch. The nostalgia was nice too as I remember watching the original in the theater in 1987.
Yeah I loved the Cobra rifle against ED-209 but you don't get it until near the end and ammo isn't plentiful The machine gun was #2.

I cheesed 2/3 ED 209s. First one is the only one I fought. 2nd one I shot to hell from the room outside where it was and it couldn’t see or move towards me. Last one I cheesed by getting it stuck between a pole and edge of street building and I was on the other side shooting where it couldn’t shoot me.

No need for all those guns.

I can't get past the Old Man. Tried about 20 times and gave up. Can get the 2nd stage most of the time, but by then I'm out of health packs and just "running" (Robocop doesn't run) for my life the whole time.

I can't get past the Old Man. Tried about 20 times and gave up. Can get the 2nd stage most of the time, but by then I'm out of health packs and just "running" (Robocop doesn't run) for my life the whole time.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtXLZUhcoDI

I picked this game up during the Steam Winter sale but haven't had a chance to play yet. Looking forward to it though as I've recently watched the movies.

I answered the same question somewhere else.

You need to escape when Old Man rushes you. At that time, you should have your shield up and try to use the dash button to get out of the way. Once he is slammed to a wall just load up bullets up his ass.

Keep repeating until dead.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Back