RMA pickle

Discussion in 'Power Supplies' started by TangledThornz, Jun 13, 2018.

1. TangledThornz

TangledThornz n00bie

My 4yr old semi-modular EVGA 750W PSU has a rattling noise, most likely due to a fan going bad and EVGA will RMA it however its my only PSU for my PC and I have to pay for the shipping. So I would be out a few bucks plus downtime on my PC for a week or so.

Would it be better just to buy a new PSU and RMA the EVGA and keep it as a spare?

I'm open to any advice here.

2. jmilcher

jmilcher 2[H]4U

It's always good to have a spare. Plus a newer more efficient PSU would pay for itself over time.

auntjemima likes this.
  3. pentiumiiislota

pentiumiiislota [H]Lite

I would just buy a new one and keep the other as a spare or sell it on craigslist.

4. TangledThornz

TangledThornz n00bie

OK. Thanks for your input. I'll buy a new PSU and use the RMA as a spare. Now I just need to research into a new PSU and hopefully find deals too :)

5. jmilcher

jmilcher 2[H]4U

PSU technology has def changed in the last 4 years. You'll find a deal if you keep your eyes open and check deal sites.

6. TangledThornz

TangledThornz n00bie

Thanks again. I found a Seasonic PRIME Ultra 750W 80+ Gold Power Supply on sale at Newegg for $79.99 after $25.00 rebate. Just in time too as the sale is ending soon :)

jmilcher, Flogger23m and nEo717 like this.
  7. Flogger23m

Flogger23m [H]ardForum Junkie

Same situation with one of my EVGA 650 G3 Supernova PSUs. Bought bought around 1 1/2 years ago. Is that Seaonic a good side grade from the G3 650? Don't really need 750, but would like modular. I don't do main in rebates so I am thinking of waiting for an ebay sale but I'm not sure if it will be any cheaper. And I am not sure if this PSU will last...

On another note, fuck EVGA and their smart ass customer service. They always try to wiggle out of any RMA or hardware issue... and they don't even replace cables for their PSU if defective. I hope EVGA's next line of GPUs again have cooler problems and burn down some houses and they get sued out of existence. Fuck EVGA, and fuck their jackasses that work in CS.

TangledThornz likes this.
Tags: