• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Resident Evil: Requiem

Damn, I said I will wait before going ahead and buying it. Seems it is solid af.


I'm only an hour or so in because I've been busy since it launched but I have a serious itch to get back playing it. It took me a minute to get over how stupid the setup for grace was, but I'm enjoying her parts as much as leons parts.

I may have more gripes later, but so far the game seems well worth the full price.
 
  • Like
Reactions: cvinh
like this
Are there any options to remove film grain yet? I will simply refuse to buy / play any game with mandatory film grain, absolutely hate that effect.
 
Are there any options to remove film grain yet? I will simply refuse to buy / play any game with mandatory film grain, absolutely hate that effect.

Nada. At least minus using mods. I despise it, too. Why anyone would want to incorporate a weakness of another medium into one without it is beyond me.
 
Feel like I’m still seeing this weird issue with PT after the update and latest drivers. Some textures just look like they’re crawling.
 
Feel like I’m still seeing this weird issue with PT after the update and latest drivers. Some textures just look like they’re crawling.

I mean rarely you can observe a bit of a boiling effect in areas where light is struggling to reach, but I have not that seen anything too weird on a 5090
 
I like the film grain personally but there should be an option or slider for those that don't like it. Fuck chromatic aberration and motion blur tho, I always turn those off.
 
I mean rarely you can observe a bit of a boiling effect in areas where light is struggling to reach, but I have not that seen anything too weird on a 5090
I was seeing the boiling effect using PT in a lot of spots before this last update and driver hotfix. But haven't noticed it since. But maybe it is only an issue in the beginning areas of the game and not in the hospital area I had just got to when I updated everything.

Edit: I saw some of the boiling badly again in the care center looking at some windows with voluetric lighting coming through and it was very noticable there. Haven't seen it much since leaving that area now at all though.
 
Last edited:
As I've gotten further and as the game has shifted from Grace to Leon, now I'm getting strong RE6 vibes. I actually liked RE6 (at least mostly), so I don't necessarily mind it.
In a nutshell, Grace missions = RE2, Leon missions = RE6.
 
1773019899904.png
 
Some random thoughts;

Good:
- I really like how fast the game is to load up and get into and allows you to skip all the intro logos/screens. It's just like loading into a console game and I can be fully playing prolly within 15-20 seconds of launching it in Steam.
- I'm loving the juxtoposition between Leon and Grace's parts. I'm sticking with the default 1st person for Grace and 3rd person for Leon and it just works well and seems natural for how both of them play. I think Grace's parts are more akin to RE7 (not really Village since that was more action in 1st person), and Leon's to RE4 remake when you're fully upgraded near the end or in NG+.
- Performance and graphics are largely great, as it should be on a 5080 like I'm on. Though there are some low-res textures here and there that stand out, some on obvious objects like the monitor for the Blood Specimen puzzles where it has an unreadable monitor name plate on it. And when you inspect any object in your inventory or otherwise, they're all kinda low-res and very aliased looking as well. Not a big deal though and my only nit-pics for graphics besides the path tracing denoiser issues in some areas.
- For performance I'm playing at 3440x1440 on a 45" 240Hz OLED, completely maxed out on all settings, quality DLSS, and 3x MFG and staying around 200 FPS most of the time and it's very responsive and smooth. I have noticed a few traversal stutters in some areas though it seems like.
- Excellent controller support on PC, with options to show proper button prompts for Playstation, Xbox, and Nintendo (Pro) controllers. Also nice built-in calibration settings for setting dead zone, senstivity curves, and any kind of customization you could want. I've been playing on a Dual Sense and it's very confortable and I've very accurate with it still as well. I just saw they're adding in the adaptive trigger support soon as well for the Dual Sense.
- Difficulty is well done here on the Classic mode I'm playing on. The few times I've died, even if I haven't saved in a while, I can usually do it better the 2nd time around while being faster as well, and when the game play is fun it's not that big of a deal to re-do some parts to play with different strategies/paths for getting back to where you died. And the game still seems to auto-save at some points even on the Classic mode where you use ink ribbons otherwise. So I don't think you can lose a ton of progress on it either way.

Bad:
- I don't like how the flashlight works in the game, as it seems to only illuminate geometry like 6-8ft in front of you, so you can't see down a short hallway until you're that close to a wall. I don't think it would take away from the suspense if you could see further with the flashlight, but I suppose that's their intent.
- I typically don't mind film grain in games, but it is mildly annoying here to me, as I think it is making the Path Tracing denoiser look that much worse here. So this should definitely be an option to toggle and would expect they add that in at some point.
- Sometimes when I load into the game, it will change to the 16:9 1440p aspect ratio instead of my 21:9 ultrawide res, and when I go to change it back, it looks like this and I have to re-launch the game to fix it:
1773019851851.jpeg


That's just looking at a ceiling to show how differently shaded that portion of the screen is after I change the resolution. It will also flash white for a single frame sporadically until I reboot the game at my native resolution.

Yeah, that's about it for the bad.
 
- I typically don't mind film grain in games, but it is mildly annoying here to me, as I think it is making the Path Tracing denoiser look that much worse here. So this should definitely be an option to toggle and would expect they add that in at some point.
If you are playing on the PC there's a mod on Nexusmods to axe the film grain. It is, unsurprisingly, the 2nd most popular mod. The #1 is REFramework, which is required for it to work.

You know people are sick of it when it even beats out the cheats and horny mods :D
 
Leon's sections definitely start to feel like a casino. You'll get tons of a specific type of ammo only to have enemies just start shrugging off perfect headshots. Either that or they start bobbing and weaving like they're Joe Frazier. Running low on ammo? Their head explodes after shooting them in the leg with a pistol.
 
Leon's sections definitely start to feel like a casino. You'll get tons of a specific type of ammo only to have enemies just start shrugging off perfect headshots. Either that or they start bobbing and weaving like they're Joe Frazier. Running low on ammo? Their head explodes after shooting them in the leg with a pistol.
Typical thing to happen in real life. Knee injuries can resort to head explosions.
 
Leon's sections definitely start to feel like a casino. You'll get tons of a specific type of ammo only to have enemies just start shrugging off perfect headshots. Either that or they start bobbing and weaving like they're Joe Frazier. Running low on ammo? Their head explodes after shooting them in the leg with a pistol.

I barely used my pistol at that point. The game kept throwing machine gun ammo at me so I kept using it.

I would just burst fire them to the face. Shotgun if I needed to get something off me. Rifle for the blister heads.
 
So I tried Insanity last time and oh boy, it's like they just upped all the multipliers by like 10.
 
I ended up finishing up the game earlier. I'd say it was pretty satisfying, but (like the last couple games) it felt short. Not that many different weapons, either. I'll have to see what NG+ adds. I've typically enjoyed replaying the older games with better firepower, although I actually maxed out all the better weapons on my first pass. I did finish up with a metric assload of ammo, though. The pistol ammo actually came in handy in the final area, but for a long time it was pointless.
 
Huh. Looks like NG+ isn't all that great. Your guns, ammo, etc. don't roll-over. You have to buy everything anew and none of your upgrades are in place, either. Even the special weapon unlocks don't seem all that special. Not sure I'm going to bother with it so soon, now. I was looking to enact revenge via overwhelming firepower and it just doesn't offer that out of the gate.
 
Huh. Looks like NG+ isn't all that great. Your guns, ammo, etc. don't roll-over. You have to buy everything anew and none of your upgrades are in place, either. Even the special weapon unlocks don't seem all that special. Not sure I'm going to bother with it so soon, now. I was looking to enact revenge via overwhelming firepower and it just doesn't offer that out of the gate.

You kind of need to do one more speed run of the game to unlock all that shit.

I might try this weekend
 
You kind of need to do one more speed run of the game to unlock all that shit.

I might try this weekend

I think to get everything you'll have to complete it several times. Especially unlimited ammo + the RPG. Plus, nothing you get changes Grace's section very much. I was really hoping older items carried forward to speed things up. That's a replay slog I just don't feel like dealing with right now. Maybe in 6-9 months when it's less fresh in my mind. I bought a couple of the newly unlocked guns and they didn't really seem too different from the ones you already have.
 
So I tried Insanity last time and oh boy, it's like they just upped all the multipliers by like 10.
It's rough in the beginning, for sure. But once you get past the initial Grace parts it gets arguably easier. Unless you're a really bad shot.
 
  • Like
Reactions: cvinh
like this
Yeah early insanity mode is ridiculous, not sure if I have the patience for it.
 
Just rolled credits on it. Took me abour 14.5 hours on my first play through on classic mode. I def enjoyed the game, but prolly not quite as much as RE4 or its remake and maybe RE2 remake as well. But def a bit more than RE8 and not sure about RE7 (which I love for its suspense/scare factor more than most). I like that they let you immediately choose to go back and try the other ending, which might only be an option if they trick you into choosing wrong like they did me. I'll def be attempting an insanity run, but not sure I'll have the patience for it right now with some other games I've been wanting to play as well.
 
Game showed me 11.5 hours, Steam said 16.5. I was on classic as well and I replayed some areas but I didn’t think it was THAT much.
 
I barely used my pistol at that point. The game kept throwing machine gun ammo at me so I kept using it.

I would just burst fire them to the face. Shotgun if I needed to get something off me. Rifle for the blister heads.
I should have used more Machine Gun ammo early. :/
 
I found the SMG's to be of more use in Requiem than most other RE games. They're situational and they blow through ammo like there's no tomorrow, but they're effective.
I think the game dishes out ammo (and damage) based upon how much ammo you have anyway. At least up until the final sections where the human enemies drop machine gun ammo no matter what.
IMO, the type of ammo that grew to be kinda useless was the normal pistol. That's the ultimate RNG weapon, and it just doesn't cut it in the last 1/3 of the game. BUT if you buy the Silencer 9 it's super strong against the lickers near the end. You can batter them with silent shots from across the room. If that wasn't the case, I'd probably have suggested selling the damn thing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: djoye
like this
I found the SMG's to be of more use in Requiem than most other RE games. They're situational and they blow through ammo like there's no tomorrow, but they're effective.
I think the game dishes out ammo (and damage) based upon how much ammo you have anyway. At least up until the final sections where the human enemies drop machine gun ammo no matter what.
IMO, the type of ammo that grew to be kinda useless was the normal pistol. That's the ultimate RNG weapon, and it just doesn't cut it in the last 1/3 of the game. BUT if you buy the Silencer 9 it's super strong against the lickers near the end. You can batter them with silent shots from across the room. If that wasn't the case, I'd probably have suggested selling the damn thing.
I started to believe that RE4 remake was dropping ammo based on ammo quantity in my inventory. It seemed like when I was starting to get concerned about ammo, more ammo would drop for my weapon(s) to keep me going.
 
I started to believe that RE4 remake was dropping ammo based on ammo quantity in my inventory. It seemed like when I was starting to get concerned about ammo, more ammo would drop for my weapon(s) to keep me going.

That's been my experience in several of them. All the modern ones except 7. I think there's always a little pure RNG going on, but the %'s change depending on how much ammo you currently have. It goes out the window a little when super-powerful weapons are in play, but it even holds true when you crank the difficulty.
 
I found the SMG's to be of more use in Requiem than most other RE games. They're situational and they blow through ammo like there's no tomorrow, but they're effective.
I think the game dishes out ammo (and damage) based upon how much ammo you have anyway. At least up until the final sections where the human enemies drop machine gun ammo no matter what.
IMO, the type of ammo that grew to be kinda useless was the normal pistol. That's the ultimate RNG weapon, and it just doesn't cut it in the last 1/3 of the game. BUT if you buy the Silencer 9 it's super strong against the lickers near the end. You can batter them with silent shots from across the room. If that wasn't the case, I'd probably have suggested selling the damn thing.

My Leon was on an episode of hoarders and I literally had like 7 guns in my inventory going into the end.

I started to believe that RE4 remake was dropping ammo based on ammo quantity in my inventory. It seemed like when I was starting to get concerned about ammo, more ammo would drop for my weapon(s) to keep me going.

I'm 99% sure it and the modern games generally do this.

I think there's some RNG, and there is a breaking point, but the game tries to keep you in the fight in general by materializing what you need... to a point.
 
My Leon was on an episode of hoarders and I literally had like 7 guns in my inventory going into the end.

I would habitually sell off old guns as a acquired new ones. I'd run them out of ammo first just so I didn't leave anything on the table, though.
For what it's worth, I don't think there was all that much difference between the stock guns and the ones you get later. In the case of the sniper rifle, I think the stock one was quite a bit better.
 
I got OCD about saving ammo

You can't unload guns so I just kept all my old ones in my inventory for the "free" bullets they provide. I figured I'd empty them then box them.

And then I would accidentally reload one so I was never emptying them, so they could never leave my inventory.

edit: Remembered I took a picture because I thought it was funny. I was running around like this. I was stacked as shit.

1773440280056.png
 
Last edited:
Haha I just saw apparently you can parry the fucking artillery strikes on that rooftop section as Leon

I knew you could parry the RPG at the end, but apparently you can also just straight up parry the explosion from a mortar
 
Haha I just saw apparently you can parry the fucking artillery strikes on that rooftop section as Leon

I knew you could parry the RPG at the end, but apparently you can also just straight up parry the explosion from a mortar
LEON ANGY! LEON SMASH!!!!

:D
 
Back
Top