Resident Evil 3 (2020)

RE2 was great until MR X showed up. After the police station hes easier to get rid of. But jesus what a pain in the ass.

It just about ruined the game for me, I had to use a mod to get rid of him. Although I do really like the character, it just made the game impossible for me to play. I guess Im just not that great at video games as I used to be.

It just about ruined the game for me, I had to use a mod to get rid of him. Although I do really like the character, it just made the game impossible for me to play. I guess Im just not that great at video games as I used to be.

I used a trainer too. haha

According to a post on Reddit RE3 is 25% off on GMG with voucher code 25RE3. I haven't checked since I'm at work but if anyone is interested.

Hype deflated...

Resident Evil 3 Remake won't have alternate endings

Resident Evil 3 remake producer Peter Fabiano has revealed the upcoming survival horror revamp will not feature alternate endings.

Those of you who played the original game may recall that players were able to make various choices throughout the game, which resulted in new sequences depending on what decisions you made. This also affected the ending, resulting in one of two outcomes for Jill Valentine when she escaped the city, as well as the fate of a certain villain (fans will know what I’m on about).

However, it seems that Capcom is going for a single narrative this time around, Fabinao confirmed to OPM UK. Whether this means the Live Selection choices that pop up on screen (such as the option of fighting Nemesis or running away when you first encounter him) will return or not isn’t made clear.​
That's what you get for putting an American in charge.

Hype deflated...

Resident Evil 3 Remake won't have alternate endings

Resident Evil 3 remake producer Peter Fabiano has revealed the upcoming survival horror revamp will not feature alternate endings.

Those of you who played the original game may recall that players were able to make various choices throughout the game, which resulted in new sequences depending on what decisions you made. This also affected the ending, resulting in one of two outcomes for Jill Valentine when she escaped the city, as well as the fate of a certain villain (fans will know what I’m on about).

However, it seems that Capcom is going for a single narrative this time around, Fabinao confirmed to OPM UK. Whether this means the Live Selection choices that pop up on screen (such as the option of fighting Nemesis or running away when you first encounter him) will return or not isn’t made clear.
That's what you get for putting an American in charge.

To be fair, only the last choice really had any impact on the ending, and only really affeced the route through the Sewage Treatment Plant and whether you fought Nikolai or not. It's not like anything is being lost by focusing on a single narrative.

To be fair, only the last choice really had any impact on the ending, and only really affeced the route through the Sewage Treatment Plant and whether you fought Nikolai or not. It's not like anything is being lost by focusing on a single narrative.
It's all about the illusion of real choice, just like real life.

New trailer. Holy fuck, the hype is back. Also shows the classic costumes will be available like in RE2. Skirtgate avoided!

Demo on all platforms comes out this Thursday, March 19. The Project Resistance open beta will commence the following Friday, March 27.

smaller tits?

do they not know who is buying their games?
I didn't want to post this, but since you brought it up...

Resident Evil 3 Remake's Jill was changed to remove sex appeal, says art director
“There were a lot of discussions internally about that direction. The original design of Jill Valentine was clearly going for sex appeal, but that was not the right direction. This is a very strong character, and it is a character that’s going through a lot of adversity, so we wanted to home in on that and make sure that there’s a certain level of believability in what she’s wearing, a certain level of practicality.”

Played the demo, and one of my first thoughts was also how stiff Jill's model was. There is some slight twisting of her model skeleton, but that's it. FemShep from the original Mass Effect in 2007 had more realistic body movement, for fuck's sake. Thanks to the comment section, though, I added a new word to my vernacular:
1584651480562.png

Also said Nemesis is wearing a trash bag because it didn't make sense that such a monster would be wearing normal clothes, completely missing the point that he is supposed to be trying to blend in.
“The first thing I saw was the clothing. It felt strange to be creating a bioweapon and have it wear clothes. Rather than having him wear clothes, we had him wear something synonymous to a body bag, something that made him feel like a restrained weapon. At the same time, I wanted to stay true to the original, so the silhouette of the Nemesis still has that iconic look.”

1584656538676m.jpg

That looks like Crispin Glover from back to the future.
Fucking dumb.
I'm glad he fell out of that tree

So when you see the Nemesis in the demo, are you supposed to just die? Because weapons do nothing and I can't run away fast enough, he just uses some bullshit whip grab or he'll fly in front of you like Superman.

I'm trying to download the demo on Steam and it keeps erroring out regardles of my payment method, anyone else seeing this?

1584705404697.png

Tried on my browser too and same shit. Steam's POS service taking a shit or what?

I'm trying to download the demo on Steam and it keeps erroring out regardles of my payment method, anyone else seeing this?

View attachment 231601

Tried on my browser too and same shit. Steam's POS service taking a shit or what?

I had a hard time finding the demo on steam. When i did it said add to cart so I backed out cause, why enter payment info for a free demo.

I clicked the link someone linked a few posts above. Said play free or whatever. Clicked ok to bootstrapping to steam and downloaded and away I went.

Not sure what it is about the remakes but I've had a hard time finding and installing them on steam. Normally it's smooth.

I had a hard time finding the demo on steam. When i did it said add to cart so I backed out cause, why enter payment info for a free demo.

I clicked the link someone linked a few posts above. Said play free or whatever. Clicked ok to bootstrapping to steam and downloaded and away I went.

Not sure what it is about the remakes but I've had a hard time finding and installing them on steam. Normally it's smooth.

Yeah, that link worked.. odd it doesn't make you do the checkout process like it does going through the store page. Oh well, thanks!

The demo is on its own store page, which is what I linked above. It worked fine for me finding it through the Steam application.
1584729551510.png

1584729456798.png

Reactions: T4rd
like this
I've seen some postings talking about finding all of the bobbleheads and whatnot in the demo. Do you get anything in the final game if you locate them all or something? I'm already committed to buying the real game, so I wasn't even intending to play the demo.

Damn, just beat the demo and really hope Nemesis isn't in every outdoor area of the game like he seems to be in the demo after he appears. Or this is going to be one really exhausting game to play, hah. But I'm really happy with the performance of the game, as it runs 90-120 FPS on my 2080 at 3440x1440p with all the IQ completely maxed out. I don't think RE2 ran quite that well unless they patched it at some point to improve performance.

Was planning on buying this at launch though, so hopefully someone sells a code on FS/FT from an AMD game bundle or something. I got RE2 free with my son's RX 570 I got him as part of his new PC last Christmas.

Yeah holy shit Nemesis is kind of obnoxious sometimes because he will absolutely not get off your dick and there's seemingly nothing you can do.

Which I get is kinda the point, but sometimes he just drops from the sky and it's like well, guess I'm not backtracking there... unless I try some other door or route...

Nope he's fucking there too.

The demo is on its own store page, which is what I linked above. It worked fine for me finding it through the Steam application.
View attachment 231681
View attachment 231680

Ya I don't know what the problem is. I even copy and pasted the title (resident evil 3: racoons city demo) from the link into the steam app and still nothing related to re3 showed up. Can't remember how I found it eventually but on the demo page said add to cart and asked for payment. Dunno why but my steam app hates the REmakes lol

I didn't want to post this, but since you brought it up...

Resident Evil 3 Remake's Jill was changed to remove sex appeal, says art director
“There were a lot of discussions internally about that direction. The original design of Jill Valentine was clearly going for sex appeal, but that was not the right direction. This is a very strong character, and it is a character that’s going through a lot of adversity, so we wanted to home in on that and make sure that there’s a certain level of believability in what she’s wearing, a certain level of practicality.”
Are they suggesting that strong women don't have sex appeal? Because it seems to me that they are suggesting that. Oh the irony.

Yeah holy shit Nemesis is kind of obnoxious
It's not the only thing that's obnoxious in it.
Good job capcom on making me wholeheartedly hate the player character within 1 minutes of starting the game.
Then 2 more minutes for making me hate the entire game.

It's like a game from 1995, graphically it may look modern, but gameplay wise this is outdated, clumsy, and obnoxious just like the playable character.

Are they suggesting that strong women don't have sex appeal? Because it seems to me that they are suggesting that. Oh the irony.

I guess that's one way you could spin it. But I'm pretty sure they just want to de-emphesize their character's sexuality and focus more on her personal motivations and the game's narrative.

It's not the only thing that's obnoxious in it.
Good job capcom on making me wholeheartedly hate the player character within 1 minutes of starting the game.
Then 2 more minutes for making me hate the entire game.

It's like a game from 1995, graphically it may look modern, but gameplay wise this is outdated, clumsy, and obnoxious just like the playable character.

Did you feel the same way about the RE2 remake? Because gameplay wise, this is 90% the same and the characters generally don't stand out much from RE2 either from what I've seen so far.

The only big concern I have so far is Nemesis being much more of a nuisence in this game than Mr. X was in RE2.

I guess that's one way you could spin it. But I'm pretty sure they just want to de-emphesize their character's sexuality and focus more on her personal motivations and the game's narrative.
I'm not spinning anything,
"The original design of Jill Valentine was clearly going for sex appeal, but that was not the right direction. This is a very strong character, "
That pretty clearly means they think strong and sexy don't go together.
But after playing the demo I think by strong they actually mean insufferable man hater. Sure that kills all sex appeal immediately.

Did you feel the same way about the RE2 remake?
Actually yes, except the main character wasn't mimicking the behaviour of an angry 3rd wave feminist. At least I hadn't noticed it in the demo.
I have proof too, because I've written the exact same thing about the RE2 Demo:

"Resident Evil 2 has been remade into a TPS game, or rather into a third person walking simulator. I can't really find any specific fault with the remake. If not the fact that it feels dated regardless of the graphics overhaul, and the new perspective."

Last edited:
I'm not spinning anything,
"The original design of Jill Valentine was clearly going for sex appeal, but that was not the right direction. This is a very strong character, "
That pretty clearly means they think strong and sexy don't go together.
But after playing the demo I think by strong they actually mean insufferable man hater. Sure that kills all sex appeal immediately.

I disagree, I don't think that's clear at all and defer back to my original comment still; "they just want to de-emphesize their character's sexuality and focus more on her personal motivations and the game's narrative." Obviously being sexy and strong aren't mutually exclusive, but it's easily arguable that over-sexualizing a character detracts from the rest of the character to a point that it's hard to take them seriously or at least appreciate their other qualities and traits. They pretty much did the same thing and said as much in the recent Tomb Raider games, which I didn't have an isse with either.

I disagree, I don't think that's clear at all and defer back to my original comment still; "they just want to de-emphesize their character's sexuality and focus more on her personal motivations and the game's narrative." Obviously being sexy and strong aren't mutually exclusive, but it's easily arguable that over-sexualizing a character detracts from the rest of the character to a point that it's hard to take them seriously or at least appreciate their other qualities and traits. They pretty much did the same thing and said as much in the recent Tomb Raider games, which I didn't have an isse with either.
At least Lara Croft actually looked strong in the recent games for normie standards, Jill in this, not so much. Looks average to me. So "this is a strong character" clearly means something else to them than physically strong.

At least Lara Croft actually looked strong in the recent games for normie standards, Jill in this, not so much. Looks average to me. So "this is a strong character" clearly means something else to them than physically strong.

I don't think they look significantly different, but Lara is also meant to be much more of an action/adventure character than Jill who's little more than a police officer (though they definitely sensationalized her and the rest of the RE characters in the preceding games). So even if they do look a lot different, their appearance fits their characters more regardless.

Most common thing I've seen is that it's short and not as creepy horror as RE2.

Which is basically exact how the PS1 version was.

I've seen pretty positive impressions except that it's extremely short. One reviewer mentioned that he was able to plow through everything in 7-8 hours initially and less than 1/2 that afterward. Reasons to replay the game are apparently not really a strength, too. While disappointing, at least what's there seems to be pretty good.

They toned down the fabulous gore system from RE2. Why in the hell would they do that? Your first encounter with a dead police officer in the hallway when you life up his head and see his jaw almost fall off was an amazing moment. I've often lamented about how developers are pussies when it comes to simulating violence and gore, and RE2 did a great job with the gore.

Guess I wish I came here first, I was super excited to see that this released today. I’ve actually never even played 3 before so I purchased immediately!

Hope I’m not disappointed, sounds like this game is worth maybe $20, not $60 :(

I actually just replayed RE4 on steam and finished it yesterday, man I loved every minute of it.

Even if this game was as good as it could be I don't know if it could touch RE4. I still feel that game is an all-time great and is probably my favorite game since 2000.
While not available yet, supposedly this project is going to be totally finished soon: http://www.re4hd.com/?page_id=6064
I guess things work now, but it doesn't include the entire game and it's still pretty buggy.

Back