Resident Evil 2 (2019)

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by Blade-Runner, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Krenum

Krenum [H]ardForum Junkie

cageymaru likes this.
  2. polonyc2

polonyc2 [H]ardForum Junkie

sounds like old school gaming where the game doesn't hold the players hand and guide them...sounds amazing to me...I'm all for less hand holding and more actual thinking involved...I'll get around to playing this eventually...I still need to play RE7 as well

Sonicks and Armenius like this.
  3. Special.K

Special.K [H]Lite

Yup, except this game scares the shit of me so I dont want to explore lol :(

4. Armenius

Armenius [H]ardForum Junkie

This is classic Resident Evil, so you have to explore every thing you have access to. It may seem like you're missing stuff early on, but just be patient and you'll eventually find items and clues that you can use to access previously inaccessible areas. Also, always examine any unique items you come across.

The combination for the third floor locker in the police station isn't revealed to you until you're able to come back to it after the parking garage, if I remember correctly. There are still things to find in the police station before crossing the point of no return when taking the cable car, as well. You still won't unlock everything until you've played through all 4 scenarios at least once.

CAD4466HK and Sonicks like this.
  5. socK

socK 2[H]4U

You kind of just stumble upon them as you make your loop around the station. I don't think I had to explicitly look for any of them, they were kind of just along my travels.

DrDoU, Flogger23m and Armenius like this.
  6. TwistedMetalGear

TwistedMetalGear [H]ard|Gawd

I got the two hardest to obtain medallions and then I got stuck wondering what to do next. Turns out the statue I was missing was literally in the main room of the police station. Somehow I climbed those stairs numerous times, completely oblivious to the statue right in front of my eyes.

Flogger23m likes this.
  7. Flogger23m

Flogger23m [H]ardForum Junkie

Same for myself. I have to say the game does get better and I think it was a better game than RE7. Although RE2 wasn't scary at all (save for the one or two times a licker surprises you) I found it to be funner. The later levels are open but not stupidly big, so going back and fourth doesn't take 20 minutes. Reminds me of how good games used to be, which were a good blend of openness and linearity.

8. Armenius

How? It's literally pointed out to you when talking with Marvin at the beginning of the game...

Seconds before Marvin shows you the notebook:
    upload_2019-2-13_11-5-13.png

Marvin shows you the notebook (the same notebook you pick up automatically and can look at at anytime in your inventory, by the way):
    upload_2019-2-13_11-6-17.png

9. Lmah2x

Lmah2x Gawd

After playing RE2 Remake I gained a new appreciation for the classics and them having such interconnected worlds.

Armenius likes this.
  10. TwistedMetalGear

TwistedMetalGear [H]ard|Gawd

I'm referring to the lion statue at the top of the stairs, not the goddess statue. As for how I missed it... Dunno, guess it kind of just blends in with the surroundings.

Armenius likes this.
  11. Armenius

Okay, that one I understand. I ran by it, myself, the first time. It kind of blends into the background when you approach it from the library.

12. CAD4466HK

CAD4466HK Gawd

Lol, that was the first one I found.

13. djoye

djoye 2[H]4U

Given they've made the knife lame and put Nemesis in the game, would it be asking too much to let me parry and punch the hell out of some bad guys a-la RE5? That's my only complaint. I don't want to run from Mr. X, I want to lazily make my way through the game as I did TWENTY YEARS AGO.

14. Ryan5508

Ryan5508 Limp Gawd

x is the worst part of the game by far. I could of done without him and maybe had more zombies in his place.