Resident Evil 2 (2019)

Well it does certainly at least allocate a lot more vram with ray tracing on. At 4K I was using nearly all of my 12 gigs at times with it hovering around 11 or so most of the time. At 1440p it seemed to stay between 9.5 and 10 most of the time. As usual there's so many liars on the Steam forums claiming insane performance. I've seen more than one ass hat on there claiming to stay above 120 FPS which is nonsense as even at 1440p there were spots that dropped below 100 FPS and at 4K there were spots that were in the 60s. In my opinion for PC users this is not even worth turning on unless you've got tons of GPU power to spare. Also I don't know what in the hell they were thinking by putting FSR 1.0 in this game.
Probably people who only played the intro are the ones saying the performance is stellar. Play through the whole game and let's see what they have to say.

Probably people who only played the intro are the ones saying the performance is stellar. Play through the whole game and let's see what they have to say.

unlike in re2 (or my brief time last night) in re3 i'm getting multiple dx12 ctd playing that a little on nightmare today

waiting for patches all around apparently

also mods no longer work till updated

sucks that they don't give you the option to switch between the new DX12 version and the older one...so once the game updates you are stuck with the new version

Played through the first Birkin fight on new game and I didn't run into any major performance issues at 4K with all the ray tracing on. Looks like Capcom did a good job for the most part. The subsurface scattering seems inconsistent at times, though. Sometimes a wall or floor will appear to have a completely flat look to it, but most of the time it works well. The only issue I ran into is some of the cutscenes now have a bad stutter when they start. It's definitely not a VRAM issue.

I also tried the 3D sound with headphones on. This also seems to be inconsistent. In some areas it seems the sound bounce and/or absorption is consistent with the type of room or area you're in, but other times it just sounds muffled while clipping effects out of the low range. I didn't try it through the speakers with Atmos, yet.

Reactions: w35t
like this
Re3 crashed for me even on much lower settings but always Ray tracing on (first setting low second high think I was trying lowest for Ray tracing specifically)

Waiting

I watched a few before and after comparison videos earlier (both 2r and 3r), difference seems to be pretty minimal and in some cases looks worse. The mirrored reflections off metal surfaces though are nice though.

Yeah its pretty shit and I was waiting for some place like digital foundry to post a video on it. They are beyond lazy for not removing the low framerate distant animations as that just looks so bad in RE3.

And RE7 ray tracing is garbage too in places with puddles looking WAY worse than without ray tracing.

And to think Devil May Cry players were upset they weren't getting a ray tracing update on PC lol

I don't get the point of this video. If you don't want to use ray tracing then Capcom made the old version available to download. "Most people" is implying they're not using ray tracing, but the game looks fine when you do. It's an upgrade for the most part. The new 3D audio is broken and needs to be addressed. Also, who's using interlacing on the PC version? You should be turning down settings to gain frames before thinking about using interlacing.

DX12 is such a crapshoot. For every game that thrives in DX12 there are 2-3 that either stutter or take a no-compensation performance hit.

Somebody hit the wrong button. At least I hope so.

yeah it's like the article said, the developer may have accidentally reverted to the DirectX 11 branch, which had been the default version for both games prior to the release of the DirectX 12 version

yeah it's like the article said, the developer may have accidentally reverted to the DirectX 11 branch, which had been the default version for both games prior to the release of the DirectX 12 version
"DirectX 11" version is a misleading moniker. The game always had a DirectX 12 option. It should be called the "non-RT" version.

https://twitter.com/RE_Games/status/1648265626576736256
1681825867473.png

Capcom what are you doing Capcom...

I was about to buy stock in these dumb motherfuckers -_-

Back